Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
I remember the Ghost Babel stream.

Well, parts of it, mainly Liquid Dan trying to shoot a rocket down a hallway for about 20 minutes.

It was a good stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

How the hell does a party of nine people on foot and one on horseback travel any faster than ten people on foot? I hate the map speed system in this game.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Poil posted:

How the hell does a party of nine people on foot and one on horseback travel any faster than ten people on foot? I hate the map speed system in this game.

The speed mechanics are weird. Your troop composition matters, but so does the contents of your inventory. Having extra horses in your inventory will also speed you up to, a certain extent.
And then of course, the Pathfinding skill.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

krisslanza posted:

The speed mechanics are weird. Your troop composition matters, but so does the contents of your inventory. Having extra horses in your inventory will also speed you up to, a certain extent.
And then of course, the Pathfinding skill.
The pathfinding skill makes sense though, as does having horses to carry your loot and grapes. But I remember reading that having lots of horses in your inventory actually slows you down.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Poil posted:

The pathfinding skill makes sense though, as does having horses to carry your loot and grapes. But I remember reading that having lots of horses in your inventory actually slows you down.

Well yeah, horses are heavy. Carrying those things would slow you the hell down.

I like that you can just wander into a city under siege, no one gives a poo poo. Buy all their food, sell them all yours, whatever, the siege is happening all the way over on the walls.

I'm not sure if the prison break bug has to do with whether you're actually at war? I know I rescued a prisoner from a force I was actually the enemy of and they still acted like that, I had to hunt down all the archers so I could escape.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Poil posted:

There's a breakeven point, as the developer put it, if you have too many horses its too hard to keep them all controlled or something? Basically eventually you just have horses not doing anything other then faffing about. There's a sweetspot.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Any horses that don't work become horse chops in this man's army :colbert: Same goes with companions, FIRENTIS.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

krisslanza posted:

To be fair, not all tournaments are created equal.
If I end up in lands that do like, throwing weapons or throwing weapons on horseback, I'm pretty boned. I tend to try and lurk around Swadia or Nords, maybe even Rhodoks, because they don't have silly layouts. Although Swadia sometimes gets the fun of being an infantryman, against a man with a lance...

The worst I had was bow and knife against guys with javelins. And horses. Luckily I got bravery credit and got to continue to the next round. tournaments are VERY hit and miss.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Floris' tournaments are great and if Bannerlord is ever released I hope they do something similar.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It must be a pretty easygoing nation if they let a girl rush in and bust the same guy out of jail twice in a row :v:

Seeing a bunch of people I enjoy watching on the internet take on the medieval world has made me install this dust collecting game and tell myself I'm TOTALLY going to not fail nearly immediately this time in my own save file! Should I like... stick with Native? Or go straight for this Viking DLC I got on a sale ages ago?

EDIT: "There, I bought 5 farmers like you asked... What do you mean I still need more? Fine I'll go get some"
*one random fight later*
"So the good news is I can take on 6 vs 14 odds against looters, good job MVP horsey. The bad news is I'm out of farmers"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 19, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Floris' tournaments are great and if Bannerlord is ever released I hope they do something similar.

Except for that loving swamp arena. How the hell am I supposed to joust across a lake?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Does the game do a proper job with view range of every party or is it just based on your own? It could just be me but it seems very much like the enemy spots you when you spot them. No ranks in Spotting and the looters walk into view for a second and then run. Four ranks in Spotting and the looters walk into view further away but still turn tails and runs a second later. Or is it some levelscaling bullshit that magically increases enemy view range as you play?

wiegieman posted:

Except for that loving swamp arena. How the hell am I supposed to joust across a lake?
Seahorse?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I liked the Jarl at the end who went "a woman dressed for war, that is rare," and then followed with "Wish I get a daughter like that eventually." Nice change from all the usual misoginy

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

I liked the Jarl at the end who went "a woman dressed for war, that is rare," and then followed with "Wish I get a daughter like that eventually." Nice change from all the usual misoginy

They aren't all awful. and once you get in on some Tourneys and wars, their greetings change.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:Update Time!:siren:

Let's Play Mount & Blade Warband Episode 8 - Dick Maths!

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Veloxyll posted:

They aren't all awful. and once you get in on some Tourneys and wars, their greetings change.

If I remember right, each Lord has their own personality, and their own views on women. Some Lords will pretty much always treat you like trash, because some of them are just complete jerks. Others will certainly start to respect you as your Renown grows though.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In my experience, the Kingdom of Nords has the fewest jackasses, and the Vaegirs have the most. That combined with them all being punk-rear end fucklords, their units sucking, their bloodline being too weak to survive the winter, and their weak-rear end offensive line is why they get crushed under heel in every game :colbert:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

.... this just got interesting

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Danaru posted:

In my experience, the Kingdom of Nords has the fewest jackasses, and the Vaegirs have the most. That combined with them all being punk-rear end fucklords, their units sucking, their bloodline being too weak to survive the winter, and their weak-rear end offensive line is why they get crushed under heel in every game :colbert:

Mostly, the Nords don't give a gently caress what gender you are as long as you can jam an axe into a dude's skull and drink till midnight.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Materant posted:

Mostly, the Nords don't give a gently caress what gender you are as long as you can jam an axe into a dude's skull and drink till midnight.

Depending on your luck, more of the drinking till midnight with how much Ragnar likes to feast sometimes.
Even as everything burns around him.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You can just not head into vaegir lands if they hate you. Most of the map doesn't have any of them running around. :v:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So I have to ask: what the hell was Dan drinking to have him get so wasted in such a short amount of time??!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

We recorded all of these in one go so I can only assume that between sessions 2 and 3, the cider just...got to him all at once because his descent from "giggliy and tipsy" to "Liquid Dan" really was that sudden

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'd been on night shifts before the day we recorded, and had like seven hours of sleep in the previous two days total, so it all kinda caught up to me at the same time :(

Poil posted:

You can just not head into vaegir lands if they hate you. Most of the map doesn't have any of them running around. :v:

Yeah but then you can't fight them :black101:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Danaru posted:

I'd been on night shifts before the day we recorded, and had like seven hours of sleep in the previous two days total, so it all kinda caught up to me at the same time :(

Yeah but then you can't fight them :black101:

Oh man that's rough. That's ... not healthy.

but it makes for a funny stream at least

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

double nine posted:

Oh man that's rough. That's ... not healthy.

but it makes for a funny stream at least

And in the end, isn't that what really matters for a stream?

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Its funny until someone dies of exhaustion...

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Morbidmind posted:

no that's still funny. It's a killer joke.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Morbidmind posted:

In that case, I guess they'd be...

Dead Tired.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Welp, this LP had a good run. Time for me to kill it by posting too many updates that are too long.

Here's what I've done while waiting for Danaru to publish his episodes. I did promise two per day:
Warband Week - Episode 1
Warband Week - Episode 2
Warband Week - Episode 3 featuring GrimlockMaster
Warband Week - Episode 4

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I have no life so I'm going to prove you wrong by watching every single video to the end. Take that!

Why are you kicking out so many companions? They cost almost nothing, can't die, provide party skills and they're customizable to be more powerful than normal units. :psyduck:

Poil fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Apr 20, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

You know you can grab weapons during the tournament melee. Kill that friendly sword & shield and grab his stuff!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Wasn't there an option to ransom people with the ransom broker?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Poil posted:

Why are you kicking out so many companions? They cost almost nothing, can't die, provide party skills and they're customizable to be more powerful than normal units. :psyduck:

Because I'm a jerk. (Actual reason: I hate trying to figure out who doesn't hate each other so I just roll with a few until I need them for fiefs.)

Thesaya posted:

Wasn't there an option to ransom people with the ransom broker?

I didn't want to look this up mid-stream but apparently so? I'll find out in a bit!

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Poil posted:

I have no life so I'm going to prove you wrong by watching every single video to the end. Take that!

Technically, they can start costing a pretty penny once they level up. Particularly if you give them a horse, as that magically gives them that like, extra 33% pay increase. But I think they don't start being expensive upkeep until they're in like 30 or 40's...

CirclMastr posted:

Because I'm a jerk. (Actual reason: I hate trying to figure out who doesn't hate each other so I just roll with a few until I need them for fiefs.)

I'm not gonna lie, one of my favorite early mods was to basically tell them, "WE HANG DESERTERS IN THIS TROOP", so they stop trying to leave because they dislike someone. Whiny little punks.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

CirclMastr posted:

Honestly this is understandable. The fact that your companions are incapable of acting like grownups if there is one person on the team they don't like, has always been a real source of irritation. The fact that their bitching can get so bad that it will start effecting group moral just makes it worse. Usually though I just send the troublemakers on a quest to sing my praises and then don't let them back in unless I need them.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

krisslanza posted:

Technically, they can start costing a pretty penny once they level up. Particularly if you give them a horse, as that magically gives them that like, extra 33% pay increase. But I think they don't start being expensive upkeep until they're in like 30 or 40's...
So if you remove the horse just before the clock ticks to payday...

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Poil posted:

So if you remove the horse just before the clock ticks to payday...

You could certainly do that. I'm entirely too lazy to bother with that when I play though, because I'm lazy :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Warband Week - Episode 5

I'm still streaming twice a day but I'll go down to posting once a day, unless Grimlock wants me to hurry up later on.

I'm less garbage at the game this time around. But apparently nobody likes Matheld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Poil posted:

And later on if they're more levelled surely they'll be better lords.

Plus, you could just adventure elsewhere in the world than Veygar town.

Edit: Update 1 - Why do they keep giving me bows in these tournaments?

Double Edit: Pretty sure you picked up that tax quest then spent the money.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 21, 2017

• Locked thread