Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I liked Circlmaster's streams, but this update's a really good palate cleanser. Can't wait to see what's next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:allears: I love MSPaint updates.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

syzpid posted:

I liked Circlmaster's streams

Don't lie

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Yapping Eevee posted:

:allears: I love MSPaint updates.

Any time you think "I can't art" just come back to this post.

How many Marmadukes and Sharp Shooters did Joanne wind up with?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Veloxyll posted:

How many Marmadukes and Sharp Shooters did Joanne wind up with?

Grimlock, I'm so sorry.

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

Blind Sally posted:

Grimlock, I'm so sorry.

what did you do to my precious boys?

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010
Obviously he needlessly got them all killed for some stupid reason because hubris.

At least that's what CirclMastr did a lot.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

A day late but..

Savefile for 9/5/2017
Stats screen for Blind Sally - Blind Jeannie

Also due to unforseen circumstances, Krysmphoenix could not take their turn. However, my lovely girlfriend has stepped up to the plate and taken up the mantle to keep things moving! She'll be streaming her go around with Joanne at my twitch channel very soon!

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 10, 2017

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:siren::siren::siren: Mountain Blade: Warband - Update 23 - Blind Jeannie the Bandit Queen, Part 1 :siren::siren::siren:

It's here! The update! This one took a little while because I tried experimenting with the presentation of the video a bit. That, plus the editing involved, wound up taking a lot longer to produce the video than I thought it would. Regardless, it's here. Watch as Jean reaches the lowest part of her character arc, marvel at how well I utilize all of Grimlock's gains, and be in awe of Jean's redemption arc!

Also, as I get this up I remember that there's a Part 2 I still need to edit and upload. Soooo, I figured I'd leave the presentation of Part 2 up to the thread.

How do you want it:
1) A brief written summary (I can have this up tonight)
2) MSPaint Adventure update (I can also have this up tonight)
3) Video summary (I'm going to need until Friday, probably--so it'd be even later)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
(A "noprize" to whoever notices what the experiment was)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

(A "noprize" to whoever notices what the experiment was)

Is the experiment to make me realize I wasted two weeks setting Joanne up financially?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I would want a video update.

Also, I was a fool to hope that whoever came after CirclMastr might concentrate on diplomacy now the economy was better. :sterv:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Why "Blind Jeanne" and not "Jeanne D'Rendar"?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

I would want a video update.

Also, I was a fool to hope that whoever came after CirclMastr might concentrate on diplomacy now the economy was better. :sterv:

Your first mistake was assuming Goons would be competent.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Veloxyll posted:

Your first mistake was assuming Goons would be competent.

White Coke posted:

Why "Blind Jeanne" and not "Jeanne D'Rendar"?

"Blind Jeanne" because my playthrough was completely blind. Completely.

CirclMastr posted:

Is the experiment to make me realize I wasted two weeks setting Joanne up financially?

ha, no.

CJacobs wasn't actually there for the recording. I was talking to myself the entire video.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

This is a feeling i know very well :colbert: you had the best quarry I could give you and instead you chose CAPITALISM

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

This is a feeling i know very well :colbert: you had the best quarry I could give you and instead you chose CAPITALISM

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blind Sally posted:

"Blind Jeanne" because my playthrough was completely blind. Completely.

Have you gotten your sight back yet?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
In fact, no.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wait what? :psyduck:

raptus
Nov 10, 2004
- And he said "Grararararararargh" and I believed him!
Video update please.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I decided to go with MS Paint update. This one is for Grimlock, so that they aren't the only person MS Painting.

After Boyar Noyan's glorious defeat at the hands of Blind Jeannie, she took the remnants of her bandit army and turned west.

Along the way, they recruited some mercs and some Swadian(?) peasants before turning south to go through the mountain biome.

While in the mountains, Blind Jeannie bought a book, because books are cool and we should be encouraging people to read more, even if it's during a Let's Play. Reading books is cool, folks! Blind Jeannie is reading The Life of Alixenus the Great and it's a heckin' great time, let me tell you!

While recruiting more peasants, we were ambushed by some bandits--but as Bandit Queen, we were able to handle them, no problem.

Eventually, the growing Bandit Army reached the coast and started following it up to the Viking biome. The Bandit Army beat up some caravans and some counts, flexing our mighty bandit muscles.

We captured Count Meriga. He's not too pleased to be here.

We continued to read because books are great, seriously, I hope you've read a book recently! We also raided some villages, beat up Alagur Noyan, and captured another count:

Hey, Count Stamar! You are also our prisoner now.

By the end of the video, we've wound up exactly where we started. We have two counts, our army is replenished but not fully trained, and we finished reading a book.

And with that, I'm never doing a blind video again.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
That was a lovely paint update. Does that mean we are not getting a video though?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Likely. I've already gone over my turn. I need to get out of the way for the next player. If I get time, I'll put my turn footage into an actual video post, but I can't make any promises at the moment.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blind Sally posted:

Likely. I've already gone over my turn. I need to get out of the way for the next player. If I get time, I'll put my turn footage into an actual video post, but I can't make any promises at the moment.

Don't strain yourself, you need to let your eyes recover.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
who said that?!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Mountin' Blade (the original) is being given away for free at GoG.com for the next 48 hrs, and the others are all 75% off as well. (Making Warb& only five dollars American).

Kangra fucked around with this message at 06:24 on May 20, 2017

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
Excellent MSPaint work mate, lovely update

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Oh, fantastic!

Love this game, wish it were a more popular SA LP subject, looking forward to catching up on this thread.

Love the MS Paint Recap already. :)

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Now that I think about it, Mountain Blades: Broadband mirrors the original R.E. Howard Conan of Cimmeria stories fairly well. You start off with very little, making your way in the world by any means necessary (Conan started as a thief), often by traveling with small bands of cutthroats (who all die). Eventually, you gain enough wealth to have your own band of much more fearsome warriors who (before the story begins in Conan's case) cut a bloody swathe across the land, before they promptly all die (at the beginning or soon into the Conan story), leaving you back at square one to do it all over again. Eventually you become a King (or Queen).

The only thing missing is punching Cthulhu mythos creatures in the face because you're not a 1920's college professor who shits himself.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 29, 2017

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

To cover the period of time where there have been no updates, a look at other Mount and Blade experiences:

Joanne D'Arc in the Napoleonic Wars.

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 4, 2017

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Cow Herding

I would like that avatar if you're still offering it

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Mister Perky posted:

Cow Herding

I would like that avatar if you're still offering it
GET THIS MAN A COW.

He has earned the cow.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
So look what just came up during my own game.

Can't Fight Destiny. I'm The Warband Cattle Rancher Guy.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Does it still count if it's not in the LP file? (I have not watched the vids)

Also who is supposed to be giving us updates. Someone's slacking!

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Just started watching, I really hope someone got Prisoner Management on Joanne by this point, because ransom and slavery is big bucks.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Veloxyll posted:

Does it still count if it's not in the LP file? (I have not watched the vids)

Also who is supposed to be giving us updates. Someone's slacking!

My challenge was specifically to do it during your turn as Joanne so unfortunately this doesn't strictly count! Still, you get an avatar just for sheer tenacity!

That would be me :ohdear: Krysm couldn't take their turn due to work so my girlfriend helpfully took over but she doesn't know how to edit videos so I told her I'd do it.

I did not. Whoops. I'm going to just post the whole stream she did unedited and use that as her update but what to do afterwards is still up in the air a bit so here's a poll for the thread. Do we start the list back where it left off meaning that the next turn belongs to Miki? Or do we honour the dates in the OP and shuffle everyone who was missed onto the end, meaning that the next person would be UZWorm?

Here's an actual poll to make it easier, I'll post Fizzicist's episode tomorrow and go with whatever has the most votes for who goes next. So someone will be getting a save file tomorrow, you're basically just voting for who.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't particularly care either way as long as we get more M&B goodness (I did vote). :v:

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
I think we should try to get back to working from the list (i.e. Miki in this case) and if someone isn't able to go during their turn due to being busy or technical issues or whatever, we can skip to the next person on the list [if that person is ready] or call for a volunteer from further down the list to trade places.

Oh, and I suppose I should officially sign up, now that I've proven to myself I sorta know how to make videos.

Mister Perky fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
I'll go whenever I'm needed :v:

• Locked thread