Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The looter quest is awful. They spawn all over the area and then immediately set off in different directions at full speed. It takes a long time to chase down a group and after a single day they're spread out all across the map and you have no way of knowing where. I hope they fix that poo poo in the sequel whenever that is released.

Also, never ever use auto combat. It's utterly bonkers and heavily favors the enemy to the point that if you use it with 50 swadian knights against 10 bandits you're going to take losses and there won't be a clear victor so you're going to have to try and again and lose even more.

Poil fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You sure taught those looters a lesson. But you didn't actually finish the quest. :v:

I am appalled at the lack of random arrow/bolt/javelin coming in a perfect arc right into the players face from a far distance.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

How the hell does a party of nine people on foot and one on horseback travel any faster than ten people on foot? I hate the map speed system in this game.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

krisslanza posted:

The speed mechanics are weird. Your troop composition matters, but so does the contents of your inventory. Having extra horses in your inventory will also speed you up to, a certain extent.
And then of course, the Pathfinding skill.
The pathfinding skill makes sense though, as does having horses to carry your loot and grapes. But I remember reading that having lots of horses in your inventory actually slows you down.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Does the game do a proper job with view range of every party or is it just based on your own? It could just be me but it seems very much like the enemy spots you when you spot them. No ranks in Spotting and the looters walk into view for a second and then run. Four ranks in Spotting and the looters walk into view further away but still turn tails and runs a second later. Or is it some levelscaling bullshit that magically increases enemy view range as you play?

wiegieman posted:

Except for that loving swamp arena. How the hell am I supposed to joust across a lake?
Seahorse?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You can just not head into vaegir lands if they hate you. Most of the map doesn't have any of them running around. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I have no life so I'm going to prove you wrong by watching every single video to the end. Take that!

Why are you kicking out so many companions? They cost almost nothing, can't die, provide party skills and they're customizable to be more powerful than normal units. :psyduck:

Poil fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Apr 20, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

krisslanza posted:

Technically, they can start costing a pretty penny once they level up. Particularly if you give them a horse, as that magically gives them that like, extra 33% pay increase. But I think they don't start being expensive upkeep until they're in like 30 or 40's...
So if you remove the horse just before the clock ticks to payday...

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It also doesn't help that lords always request the second highest tiered troops. They're on the level as Swadian men-at-arms.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

At least knights aren't armed with lances anymore and won't try and scale the walls and hump the enemies while uselessly trying to poke with their long sticks.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Leave those poor peasants alone you meanie! :mad:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ah, Borcha. I remember back when he and Marnid were the only companions. Marnid was a total pain to hire because he wanted a particular set of armor before he joined. Padded cloth. No chain, no plate, no scale, just that goddamn elusive padded cloth. Naturally he refused any quality modifier to it if I remember correctly too, so no tattered or thick versions. :corsair:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Good. We don't want any more reactor failures. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Doesn't enemy party sizes scale to level? Bandit groups and so on gets larger as you level up.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nope. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't particularly care either way as long as we get more M&B goodness (I did vote). :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

By terrible do you actually mean :roflolmao:?

That's one tall castle, you can't even see the ground from the window. You'll have to grow your hair quite a lot.

• Locked thread