Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Floris' tournaments are great and if Bannerlord is ever released I hope they do something similar.

Except for that loving swamp arena. How the hell am I supposed to joust across a lake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Section Z posted:

I need to catch up on more of the Circlemaster vidoes, I'm still early on where everything is Dan's fault and the arena RNG is screwing him over :v:

Meanwhile, I'm still flailing about like an idiot with a very tiny party making zero progress (I found the bandit lair!... Oh the lord got kidnapped so I can't get paid... Oh he's been freed!.. but nobody knows where he is...), but a hell of a lot of the learning curve seems to be learning the really loving stupid details of the game. "Allright, a Poleaxe! That will make not barely wiffing swings from horseback a hell of a lot easier than my love of one handed stuff." Oh wait all polearms only thrust from horseback because gently caress you I guess :sigh:

All you really need is a good khergit bow, two bags of arrows, and the biggest two-handed sword you can buy.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

Siege combat in M&B is ridiculous due to how much some castles skews it in favour of the defender.

Bring Huskarls, then sit back and relax. A decent number of them can overcome any garrison.

Section Z posted:

That sounds like great advice, if not for the fact I am a huge baby who likes sword and board when I'm not on a horse :v: Spamming arrows during drivebys feels super boring anyways even while the arrows last. So I expect if I ever graduate to siege combat it's gonna be a rough time beyond just how much of a meat grinder those apparently are.

Once you have a bunch of heavy armor on, you stop really needing a shield. Besides, a big enough sword will kill everyone before they get close enough to hurt you anyway.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

There's no level scaling. That's why Sea Raiders are death to low level parties and farming chaff for high level ones.

• Locked thread