Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Krysmphoenix posted:

I've never played this game before! Sign me up. Every succession game needs a turn of someone's gross inexperience and incompetence!

Those make for some of the greatest updates.

Getting the popcorn out for this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Faerie Fortune posted:

I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd get more than a couple of signups :v: I'll work on a spreadsheet later this afternoon to make things a little easier though

You underestimated goons and their love of niche games!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Iron Chitlin posted:

:siren: LP UPDATE :siren:

Update 04: Tournaments, Quests, and Bad Gameplay

In which Joanne changes her name to better reflect her lineage, enters a tournament, and meets a friend!

You had skill points at the start of the update! You could have put points in Prisoner Management!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Iron Chitlin posted:

It is entirely possible I'm really bad at video games, usually not as bad at this one, but still really sub-adequate in just about everything game related.

Well the first action this episode was to muder some peasants. And has no prisoner management to kidnap the peasant women anyhow.

The secret gimmick of this run is that everyone starts with no troops due to incompetence.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 12, 2017

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I started a new playthrough. Then was reminded I am bad at the game

It's a shame because I always like the idea of Operation Valkyrie.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Even on the easiest settings? Because they're the only ones I can play with and I'm still bad.

yes. you know how Chitlin beat his way through most of the tourney? I usually die in round 1

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

krisslanza posted:

To be fair, not all tournaments are created equal.
If I end up in lands that do like, throwing weapons or throwing weapons on horseback, I'm pretty boned. I tend to try and lurk around Swadia or Nords, maybe even Rhodoks, because they don't have silly layouts. Although Swadia sometimes gets the fun of being an infantryman, against a man with a lance...

The worst I had was bow and knife against guys with javelins. And horses. Luckily I got bravery credit and got to continue to the next round. tournaments are VERY hit and miss.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

I liked the Jarl at the end who went "a woman dressed for war, that is rare," and then followed with "Wish I get a daughter like that eventually." Nice change from all the usual misoginy

They aren't all awful. and once you get in on some Tourneys and wars, their greetings change.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Morbidmind posted:

Its funny until someone dies of exhaustion...

In that case, I guess they'd be...

Dead Tired.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Poil posted:

I have no life so I'm going to prove you wrong by watching every single video to the end. Take that!

Why are you kicking out so many companions? They cost almost nothing, can't die, provide party skills and they're customizable to be more powerful than normal units. :psyduck:

And later on if they're more levelled surely they'll be better lords.

Plus, you could just adventure elsewhere in the world than Veygar town.

Edit: Update 1 - Why do they keep giving me bows in these tournaments?

Double Edit: Pretty sure you picked up that tax quest then spent the money.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 21, 2017

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

That said, no idea why the Saranids were angry at him.

Drunk Dan said a lot of things.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Tamba posted:

But now that we have two enterprises in Vaegir land, attacking them would be a bad move, because that kills our income from there until we own the cities.

Sounds like they've volunteered to be first!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Yapping Eevee posted:

:allears: I love MSPaint updates.

Any time you think "I can't art" just come back to this post.

How many Marmadukes and Sharp Shooters did Joanne wind up with?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

I would want a video update.

Also, I was a fool to hope that whoever came after CirclMastr might concentrate on diplomacy now the economy was better. :sterv:

Your first mistake was assuming Goons would be competent.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Does it still count if it's not in the LP file? (I have not watched the vids)

Also who is supposed to be giving us updates. Someone's slacking!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

Mae; "destroying the efforts of the previous guys."
No, no you are continuing a stupid tradition.
I am still hoping for someone, despite it seemingly being a pointless one from what I've seen and people have told me, to try diplomacy.

Rename Joan, lose all the army. It's important to start things off properly.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

Those things are good, honest traditions really. It's the "attack everyone and take their castle" that I feel is just not working any more.

It's bound to work eventually!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Heck, May even took Praven

Then lost the whole army. But eh, details.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

You scared the poo poo out of me, I thought you were saying that you failed somehow!
Now, of course, I am pretty sure that the next person in line will mess up the work you have done somehow but still, that was a good run!

Herp, gently caress up his plan? Surely not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

"Why do people ever stream this?"

Well, my guess is that they are more competent than you ;)

That is a pretty low bar, mind you.

• Locked thread