Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
*Tebuchets himself over a wall into the thread*

Hell YES sign me up are you kidding me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Commander Keene posted:

Danaru appears to be starting his turn in July and ending it in May. Unless he has a time machine, this appears to be a clerical error.

El Psy Congroo

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:Update Time!:siren:

Let's Play Mount & Blade Warband Episode 6 - The Shame Hat

Circlmastr and Fae join me on my adventure to antagonize everyone we come across! For a preview of what to expect, from the discord:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Mount & Blade Warband Episode 7 - Technically Winning

In this episode, we find and hire an engineer, we infiltrate an enemy base to rescue the DARPA chief Jarl Irya, and everyone gets very upset about my grape purchasing decisions

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Any horses that don't work become horse chops in this man's army :colbert: Same goes with companions, FIRENTIS.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Mount & Blade Warband Episode 8 - Dick Maths!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In my experience, the Kingdom of Nords has the fewest jackasses, and the Vaegirs have the most. That combined with them all being punk-rear end fucklords, their units sucking, their bloodline being too weak to survive the winter, and their weak-rear end offensive line is why they get crushed under heel in every game :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'd been on night shifts before the day we recorded, and had like seven hours of sleep in the previous two days total, so it all kinda caught up to me at the same time :(

Poil posted:

You can just not head into vaegir lands if they hate you. Most of the map doesn't have any of them running around. :v:

Yeah but then you can't fight them :black101:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nord units are basically cheat mode for sieges, since no one can use horses and Nords never use them anyway. Which is also why they're the best and all other kingdoms are chumps. Now we can fight as warriors! Man to man. It is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a horse!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
To be fair I don't mean never use horses, swinging axes and longswords on horseback is my bread and butter, I just mean don't count on always having one :v: Some day during battle poor ol' Freckles is going to think of ants and die of a heart attack, and you better be ready to bring the heat and the noise when it happens.

Incidentally one of my favourite battle moves is to hurl ahead and specifically murder all the horses of my enemies. They DO trust their lives to their horse, so when the ocean of angry nords finally crests the hill, they don't stand a chance. Suck it, Swadia

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I honestly don't remember meeting any Sarranid lords. I generally stay in Vaegir territory like a tornado of swords, occasionally stopping by the nord/swadian cities to sell my crap and recruit dudes.

I have an extremely specific playstyle you all got to see a taste of, which is "The North belongs to Dan." Everyone else can fight over the rest, if it has snow, it's mine

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If only there had been two out of six kingdoms that liked us at the end of my turn, then we could have built stuff there instead of taking the path of most resistance and blaming other people when this somehow leads to resistance

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'd say Borcha and Jeremus are two of the most important companions specifically because you can offload all the medical and pathfinding/spotting skills onto them, leaving you with more points to dump into Trainer or the murder-related skills

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

Is the experiment to make me realize I wasted two weeks setting Joanne up financially?

This is a feeling i know very well :colbert: you had the best quarry I could give you and instead you chose CAPITALISM

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Strength and Steel are the only things that can tame Calradia :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Veloxyll posted:

It's bound to work eventually!

When the turn list wraps around I'll show you all :colbert: I'll show you ALL