Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Why don't you just put up another poll?

Then you can just replace the duck names because we can rename our animals, right?

Also, instead of discreetly returning the Mayor's shorts, which were on the floor of someone's bedroom for an entire season (clean your rooms, people!), we're going to do something else? There were so many things wrong with this request to begin with, but the biggest one is how the mayor just dumped this job on the new guy. I mean, he couldn't ask Marnie to discreetly return them? It's not strange for a villager to visit the town mayor, especially if they're a livestock dealer.

The community centre and fish bundles are coming along. Looks great. And the forage bundles too.

I'm just gonna buy the fishies from the shady black market travelling sales cart.

Yeah, we can rename animals after the fact. I don't want to replace the poll though because then it'll lose the results and people who already voted might not realize that there's a new one and it gets all weird. Unfortunately, there's not too much thread participation in this game so I'm trying to be as proper as possible with what little we get.

Unless I missed any, the cow names we have so far are:
Dickie
Painted Horse
Splat
Milkshake
Your Mom
Hellcow
Bat-Cow

No spoilers for you on the mayor's shorts.

Astrofig posted:

Also does that old guy on the beach seriously just stand there while it's raining?
Yup, we'll learn all about him later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

To be honest that guy standing outside in the rain is kinda shady.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
I'm enjoying this playthrough, and it's inspired me to try Stardew Valley for myself. It's exactly the kind of chilled out game I need. In an earlier episode you mentioned another chill game you like but I couldn't make out the name. What was it called?

And do you (or anyone here) know of other chilled out games for a stressed out person?

I named my dog Hellbeast. He's a good boy.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 20, 2017

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Fantasy Life. It's relaxing and cute. Pretty stress free.

If you're into farming then Story of Seasons Trio of Towns and Rune Factory 4 are there too.

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!

Braggart posted:

I'm enjoying this playthrough, and it's inspired me to try Stardew Valley for myself. It's exactly the kind of chilled out game I need. In an earlier episode you mentioned another chill game you like but I couldn't make out the name. What was it called?

And do you (or anyone here) know of other chilled out games for a stressed out person?

I named my dog Hellbeast. He's a good boy.

Thanks man, that really means a lot to me.

If I mentioned another chill game it was probably Astroneer. It's in early Alpha, but it's a really fun sandbox/exploration thing. It was the first series I did on my channel.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Cheers guys. Cow name suggestion: Heiferlump. Chicken name: Fingerlickin. Duck name: Corkscrew.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 21, 2017

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

By the way Pursus, when you pick a chicken at Marnie's shop, and she asks you to pick a coop for it, you can see if it's a white or brown chicken. If it isn't the type you want, you can just cancel out of the menu, and select again. I got one white chicken and one brown chicken.

I wasn't sure if you knew or not.

I made friends with Haley and George first because Daffodils and Leeks are really easy to get in spring. Me, gift villagers with my precious crops? Haha. Perish the thought. The money and resources are mine.

Well, except hops because hops grow every day.

Also, this game is fun. It's really nice!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Pam is also easy because she loves parsnips.

I got super lucky in my game because the day the mines opened was rainy with maximum luck. I did 15 levels that day. Since then I've found a level 2 club and later a level 3 one. I was at mine level 50 by Egg Festival day. I imagine that would have been a lot harder with the default swords.

And here's a too-long horse name: Dobbin the Horse-Elf

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!
Episode 13 & 14 are quacking up:

Stardew Valley #13 - The Big Coop, The Secret Woods, and Ducks
Stardew Valley #14 - A Barn, The Stardew Valley Fair, and a Witch

Everything's really starting to come together now and we're starting to make some serious dough. We get to see a whole bunch of villager cutscenes, get our ducks in a row, and attend the fair! I decided to do two videos to try and pick up the pace a little bit, let me know if that's OK with you guys going forward and it's not too spammy to keep up with.

The duck poll is closed, but the cow poll is ready to go: What should we name our cows? This is another "allow multiple answers" one, so go ahead and vote for any you like. There's only 8 suggestions, so we'll end up using most of them at some point but the most popular ones will be named first and will also be kept if we sell off some cows later.

We've still got some time before we get there, but if you have any suggestions for pigs, goats, rabbits, sheep, or our horse go ahead and suggest those, too. Pigs are pretty profitable, so we'll end up with a bunch of them but the rest are going to be like ducks where we only end up with 1-2 of each.

Blademaster_Aio posted:

By the way Pursus, when you pick a chicken at Marnie's shop, and she asks you to pick a coop for it, you can see if it's a white or brown chicken. If it isn't the type you want, you can just cancel out of the menu, and select again. I got one white chicken and one brown chicken.
Thanks for the tip, I ended up following your advice in this video.

Braggart posted:

I got super lucky in my game because the day the mines opened was rainy with maximum luck. I did 15 levels that day. Since then I've found a level 2 club and later a level 3 one. I was at mine level 50 by Egg Festival day. I imagine that would have been a lot harder with the default swords.
That's pretty quick! I've been neglecting the mine a bit because I'm trying to do everything at once so that I can complete the community center as early as possible. I've also been a little crippled for time since I've started befriending every villager simultaneously. Once you max someone out you don't have to keep giving them gifts so the first time through I was more focused and did a few people at a time and I had a lot more free time in each day. I'll probably do a lot of catching up in the winter when I don't have to worry too much about babysitting the crops.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Pursus posted:

That's pretty quick! I've been neglecting the mine a bit because I'm trying to do everything at once so that I can complete the community center as early as possible. I've also been a little crippled for time since I've started befriending every villager simultaneously. Once you max someone out you don't have to keep giving them gifts so the first time through I was more focused and did a few people at a time and I had a lot more free time in each day. I'll probably do a lot of catching up in the winter when I don't have to worry too much about babysitting the crops.

Well watching your LP I decided I wanted sprinklers and better tools ASAP, so I prioritised mining. I quite like the exploration aspect of mining too. I've also been sticking to high-value crops to minimise the time I spend watering. I figure it'll be much easier to work on bundles next spring. But you're doing an LP and want to showcase everything so you're bound to take a different approach. I've been giving people a gift on their birthdays but other than that they can screw off until I have more free time :D

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Braggart posted:

Well watching your LP I decided I wanted sprinklers and better tools ASAP, so I prioritised mining. I quite like the exploration aspect of mining too. I've also been sticking to high-value crops to minimise the time I spend watering. I figure it'll be much easier to work on bundles next spring. But you're doing an LP and want to showcase everything so you're bound to take a different approach. I've been giving people a gift on their birthdays but other than that they can screw off until I have more free time :D

I think the only bundles you really should shoot for asap are the crops ones, because they've got a pretty good reward

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
If it were up to me, I'd keep the shorts just to troll the mayor every year.

Also: One of my suggestions actually got into an LP! :toot:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Sloober posted:

I think the only bundles you really should shoot for asap are the crops ones, because they've got a pretty good reward

The bundle that requires just one of each crop, sure, but the 5x golden one? With low farming skill I'd have to water so many parsnips I don't even want to think about it. I'd rather make some money and buy useful stuff :)

CptWedgie posted:

If it were up to me, I'd keep the shorts just to troll the mayor every year.

Wear them to a festival over your trousers.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
I'm surprised you didn't go North from the star redeeming booth during the festival, it's where Gus and Pam are hanging out. Great work on the pants, though.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Braggart posted:

The bundle that requires just one of each crop, sure, but the 5x golden one? With low farming skill I'd have to water so many parsnips I don't even want to think about it. I'd rather make some money and buy useful stuff.

Make basic fertiliser x10 and grow parsnip x10. Once grown, replant.

You'll get enough by the end of spring.

Also, Dusty is around. At night if you look at the kennel (even before this event), you'll see two eyes looking at you.

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 23, 2017

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Well, I'm caught up on the videos. Is it pedantic of me to point out you're mispronouncing pedantry? Pedant sounds like pendant and you just stick a 'tree' on the end of it. I enjoyed the shorts troll.

Animal name suggestions:

Sheep:
Ewe Bastard
Rambo
Woolly Thinking

Pigs:
Porkins
Cameron’s Pal
Stinkyface

Goats:
Scapegoat
Judas
Nannygoat State

Rabbits:
Sex Pest
poo poo Eater

Horse:
Hoof it mofo

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Make basic fertiliser x10 and grow parsnip x10. Once grown, replant.

You'll get enough by the end of spring.

Yeah, I know it's possible. I'm just choosing to prioritise money at the moment and to grow parsnips later when my farming skill is higher and money is less of a concern.

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!
Episodes 15 & 16 are getting cold:

Stardew Valley #15 - Cows, A Bath House, and the Best Pole
Stardew Valley #16 - The Sweetest Taste, Spirit's Eve, Goats, and Winter

No one complained about the double update last week so I'm running it back. We fill up our barn, finally upgrade that rubbish fishing pole and head into our first winter in Stardew Valley.

The cow poll is still open for the time being and I've got the polls up for the horse, goats, and sheep:
What should we name our cows?
What should we name our goats?
What should we name our horse?
What should we name our sheep?

Basically the only animals that don't have name polls yet are the pigs and rabbits, so go ahead and suggest those if you want to get them on the polls when they come out. I'll probably put those up next week so that the names are ready to go whenever I get there. It shouldn't take too long if I keep doing the double video updates.

Also, Stardew Valley is in the Steam Summer Sale until 7/5/17 for $8.99 if you want to play it for yourself.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Did someone say animal name suggestions?

Pig names
McRib
Wilbur
Pumba
Babe

Rabbit names
Trix
Bugs
Roger
Jessica
Peter
Jazz

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Yessssss PaintedHorse made it :getin:

I actually cheered outloud to that.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I was so happy that "milkshake" and "your mom" became cow names.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
So what's the deal with the big spiky purple thing by the pond that you walked past a couple of times? Almost looks like it's covered in crystals.

Rabbit names: Peter, Beatrix, Velveteen, Rumple

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!

Astrofig posted:

So what's the deal with the big spiky purple thing by the pond that you walked past a couple of times? Almost looks like it's covered in crystals.

Rabbit names: Peter, Beatrix, Velveteen, Rumple

That's a meteor. I can't mine it with my lowly soft steel pickaxe. I'll have to use a much harder and more durable gold pickaxe on it.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Oh, hey, just thought of a name suggestion. Probably not a good one, but if I'm wrong let me know...

Rabbit: Easter (why has nobody suggested this?)

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

You got the pronunciation down now Pursus. I'm guessing you started with a correct pronunciation of pedantic and extrapolated from there. English is loving weird.

Holy poo poo I love the backpack upgrades. Inventory juggling was tedious as hell. I kept a chest on level 0 but I still had to throw some things away. I reached level 110 by the end of Spring, and all with the starter pick. I really wish I'd upgraded it :D

Pet theory: Elliot is Fabio, only he writes the romance novels as well as appearing on the covers.

My suggestions are leading the sheep, goat and horse polls. This makes me happy :)

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!
Episodes 17 & 18 are all mined out:

Stardew Valley #17 - Our Horse, Completed Rooms, and The Festival of Ice
Stardew Valley #18 - The Bottom, The First House Upgrade, and a Recycling Machine

We're really kicking rear end this winter and we get quite a bit done in these two episodes. I think our equipment will be in a really good place when spring hits.

The sheep poll is still open and I've got the final polls up for the rest of the animals:
What should we name our pigs?
What should we name our rabbits?

The pig one is "multiple answers" style because we might end up replacing most of our barn animals with pigs later on for maximum profit, so go ahead and vote for all the ones you like. I will keep the most popular names for the other kept animals if that ends up happening.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Pursus posted:

Episodes 17 & 18 are all mined out:

Stardew Valley #17 - Our Horse, Completed Rooms, and The Festival of Ice
Stardew Valley #18 - The Bottom, The First House Upgrade, and a Recycling Machine

We're really kicking rear end this winter and we get quite a bit done in these two episodes. I think our equipment will be in a really good place when spring hits.

The sheep poll is still open and I've got the final polls up for the rest of the animals:

The pig one is "multiple answers" style because we might end up replacing most of our barn animals with pigs later on for maximum profit, so go ahead and vote for all the ones you like. I will keep the most popular names for the other kept animals if that ends up happening.

Is it too late to suggest "Lenny" for a rabbit name?

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Is it too late to suggest "Lenny" for a rabbit name?

I'm afraid so, bud. Cool name, though! Thematically similar to the dog.

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!
Episodes 19 & 20 are getting ready to thaw:

Stardew Valley #19 - Seed Maker, Our Greenhouse, and Winter Seeds
Stardew Valley #20 - The Deluxe Barn, a Pig, Sheep, and The Feast of the Winter Star

The winter is finally drawing to a close and I think we've accomplished everything we needed to. We get a bunch more villager cutscenes and we attend the last holiday event.

The pig and rabbit polls are still open:

The next decision we make is going to be the big "who do we romance" one. I'm not going to put up a poll until we see most of the cutscenes, but by all means go ahead and start discussing who you'd like to get with!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Pursus posted:

The next decision we make is going to be the big "who do we romance" one. I'm not going to put up a poll until we see most of the cutscenes, but by all means go ahead and start discussing who you'd like to get with!

Let's be gay! Alex spends a lot of time lifting weights with his shirt off ;)

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
You should marry the girl with the blue hair.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 15, 2017

TigerRose
Mar 17, 2009
Fallen Rib
Throwing in votes for Maru and/or Sebastian. Shane, Alex and Harvey would be interesting to see, too. Honestly, anyone except Abigail or Penny.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I like Maru, because who doesn't like a girl that can be romanced with batteries?

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!
Episodes 21 & 22 have sprung:

Stardew Valley #21 - Second Spring, An Art Show, and Krobus
Stardew Valley #22 - Truffles, The Deluxe Coop, and a Million Cutscenes

We are now celebrating one full year in Stardew Valley! We upgrade the coop again and see a ton of villager cutscenes. The pig poll is still open for now: What should we name our pigs? Same as last time, the next big decision is who to date, so I welcome any more input you guys have on that. We've seen all of the cutscenes for Leah and almost all of the Sebastian and Alex ones.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Make beautiful music with Abigail

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Anybody except Emily.

Because uhh... you know, Clint likes Emily. We have I dunno, 11 other people we can choose, so why not just leave her alone?

Pursus
Nov 27, 2007

Hook on!
Episodes 23 & 24 are cutting a rug:

Stardew Valley #23 - A Crystalarium, The Desert, and the Skull Key
Stardew Valley #24 - An Oil Maker, a Loom, and the Second Dance

This set of videos got started a little later than I'd hoped, sorry about the delay. I'll try to get next week's started sooner. The pig poll is still open for now: What should we name our pigs? As I said in the video, we've seen quite a few of the cutscenes now so I plan to put up the romance poll next week when I post 25 & 26.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Anybody except Emily.

Because uhh... you know, Clint likes Emily. We have I dunno, 11 other people we can choose, so why not just leave her alone?

Given Clint keeps withholding the tools when upgrades are finished maybe we should give him some payback :P.

I was going to suggest Shane, however given he's cleaned up his act he's lost that broken-man-in-need-of-fixing appeal. Plus taking him out of the running would give Clint an in with Emily and we can't have that.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ephphatha posted:

Given Clint keeps withholding the tools when upgrades are finished maybe we should give him some payback :P.

I was going to suggest Shane, however given he's cleaned up his act he's lost that broken-man-in-need-of-fixing appeal. Plus taking him out of the running would give Clint an in with Emily and we can't have that.

Nooooo, not Emily

Nooooooo

I mean, it's just a bunch of pixels but still. Noooooooo

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

If you don't pick Abigail you're factually incorrect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Spudd posted:

If you don't pick Abigail you're factually incorrect

Isn't she a teenager though? Like, I don't think it's ever stated but I got the feeling the player character is supposed to be in his late-20's-to-early-30's. It'd just feel weird to have him romancing someone still in highschool.

• Locked thread