Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I first reply?

I is first reply!!

...that aside, I am excited for this. Stardew Valley is very much talked about whenever someone mentions Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons. There are a bunch of LPs on it on Youtube, but having stuff on a forum like this makes discussion easier.

So I should ask, when you'll be asking for input (audience participation), will you post here, or will you ask in the video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

How about Arthur for our dog?

Or Max.

...or Balto.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

How about Cotton for our sheep?

Or Wool?

By the way, how are the controls of this game? Is everything done by mouse or is there some other way to do stuff?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Harsh. They rejected us :(

I also bought Stardew Valley.

By the way, is sword the only type of weapon you can use?

Also, is the Joja membership always available to you? Even if you're helping the community center would that PR Morris guy still sell it?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

How about Sunny.

For the chickens.

Exactly how many chickens are you getting?

I vastly prefer crops.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I vote for Apple trees as the first trees we get. Apples and more apples. And apple pies.

Will we get to see everyone's events before voting for who to go for?

Shifting through garbage sounds really disgusting but even worse is how these people are throwing away food that can still be eaten. How wasteful.

I told Linus that he wasn't wrong though.

I can't get over how we can find a piece of bread in a garbage can, then treat it like it's normal bread. Video game logic? -.-

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Go find my lucky purple shorts! Why. Find your own clothes yourself.

Also, I hate fishing. I really hate it. I HATE fishing.

I hate it in every harvest moon game, where it is boring and puts me to sleep, I hate it in Story of Seasons where it was exceptionally boring and tedious and you caught trash which was incredibly rage inducing.

It's much better in Story of Seasons Trio of Towns and Rune Factory 4, but it's still boring.

And now in Stardew Valley. Fishing sucks. It's not boring and it doesn't put me to sleep, but I can't get a hang of the controls and I suck at fishing which makes me hate it even more.

How do you easily catch fish? How do you have your green bar hover? Do you have any tips for easy fishing? Is there a spot where only low level fish that are also easy to catch are found?

Can I raise my fishing level, even if I don't manage to catch the fish?

I don't know what to dooooo... :negative:

Also, yay coop. And yay tool upgrades.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Okay, thanks.

I'll try that.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Cloud Potato posted:

YMMV, but I found that fishing near the mine entrance had a few carp that didn't need the bar moving at all, and managed to pick up the knack of fishing that way.

Thanks, I'll try there.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Pursus posted:

We don't get too many characters, but Digby Caeser might fit.

Hey, those are a lot of characters. In Story of Seasons and Rune Factory the limit is 6 spaces.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

What is the best way to grow quality crops? Is it random?

Also, what are the fences for?

Animals just let themselves out, and put themselves in, how super convenient.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I propose naming our duck Swan.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I second Milkshake for the cow, and Attack Duck for the duck. Also, Swan for the duck, because ugly duckling.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Why don't you just put up another poll?

Then you can just replace the duck names because we can rename our animals, right?

Also, instead of discreetly returning the Mayor's shorts, which were on the floor of someone's bedroom for an entire season (clean your rooms, people!), we're going to do something else? There were so many things wrong with this request to begin with, but the biggest one is how the mayor just dumped this job on the new guy. I mean, he couldn't ask Marnie to discreetly return them? It's not strange for a villager to visit the town mayor, especially if they're a livestock dealer.

The community centre and fish bundles are coming along. Looks great. And the forage bundles too.

I'm just gonna buy the fishies from the shady black market travelling sales cart.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

To be honest that guy standing outside in the rain is kinda shady.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Fantasy Life. It's relaxing and cute. Pretty stress free.

If you're into farming then Story of Seasons Trio of Towns and Rune Factory 4 are there too.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

By the way Pursus, when you pick a chicken at Marnie's shop, and she asks you to pick a coop for it, you can see if it's a white or brown chicken. If it isn't the type you want, you can just cancel out of the menu, and select again. I got one white chicken and one brown chicken.

I wasn't sure if you knew or not.

I made friends with Haley and George first because Daffodils and Leeks are really easy to get in spring. Me, gift villagers with my precious crops? Haha. Perish the thought. The money and resources are mine.

Well, except hops because hops grow every day.

Also, this game is fun. It's really nice!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Braggart posted:

The bundle that requires just one of each crop, sure, but the 5x golden one? With low farming skill I'd have to water so many parsnips I don't even want to think about it. I'd rather make some money and buy useful stuff.

Make basic fertiliser x10 and grow parsnip x10. Once grown, replant.

You'll get enough by the end of spring.

Also, Dusty is around. At night if you look at the kennel (even before this event), you'll see two eyes looking at you.

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 23, 2017

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Anybody except Emily.

Because uhh... you know, Clint likes Emily. We have I dunno, 11 other people we can choose, so why not just leave her alone?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ephphatha posted:

Given Clint keeps withholding the tools when upgrades are finished maybe we should give him some payback :P.

I was going to suggest Shane, however given he's cleaned up his act he's lost that broken-man-in-need-of-fixing appeal. Plus taking him out of the running would give Clint an in with Emily and we can't have that.

Nooooo, not Emily

Nooooooo

I mean, it's just a bunch of pixels but still. Noooooooo

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

The main character is a newbie office worker, so he can be any age you wnat him to be.

Besides, it's not like you'll ever age in this game. Ever.

So technically you are forver at whatever age the farmer is. 20 something?

In my mind, my farmer is whatever age most appropriate for the particular love interest.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I like your descriptions of our potential love interests.

Anybody but Emily.

Please don't be Emily.

Please.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

We did it! Yay us!

The fight scene was really funny. Especially how you know, Morris flew out of the screen and Pierre's like "I be :cool:"

I was just thinking, in every farming sim type game I've played we're so rich by the end of it, I have no idea where to blow all that money. And predictably 90% of the time, the money is coming from some other thing instead of farming.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

How about Lily?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Congrats!

• Locked thread