Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People who cut the self checkout line by standing a foot to your right or left, and pretending like they are "forming a second line" deserve a special place in hell. I consider it impossible for anyone who does this to not be a complete piece of poo poo in every aspect of their life. Like, that is all I need to know to loving hate you.

let's complain about poo poo that dumb assholes do in day to day life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Turn on your monitor.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh man :iceburn: didn't see that coming from a loving mile away.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Basically every other person on the road driving.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I hate it when my monitor is off!! gently caress!!!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Grown adults eating with their mouths open and people cracking their knuckles, I suppose. Maybe that's only because I was sat next to a guy at work who did both for about six months, though.

rat-born cock
Apr 3, 2017

"Garbage! Trash! Offal! Debris! Come and get it! Nothing whole or undamaged! Crap, tripe, and useless piles of shit. You know you want it."
sudden movements, noises that aren't explicitly necessary, accidental personal contact, do anything but exist in a brusque and mechanically efficient manner

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
People that stand in the middle of foot traffic while talking on their phones. Don't block people and don't make people walk around you. You can take a few steps to the left or right or lean against a wall or something just get your self out of the drat way if you want to be still and talk.

There is an obvious exception for somebody asking for directions or being told to look for something.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
DreamWorks smirk.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
When you use a word like "chips" or "apartment" or something else that is regionally different and a person goes, "UMMMMM, do you mean CRISPS?!?!?!?!" in a super-obnoxious tone of voice.

When you accidentally say something in Fahrenheit and everyone goes "OH poo poo WE'RE ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN IT'S SOOO HOT OLOLOLOLOL"

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
What's the whole "turn on your monitor" thing about?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Tsyni posted:

What's the whole "turn on your monitor" thing about?

Because if your monitor is off you would typically be able to see your reflection, so whatever thing you were insulting is now yourself.

What's the difference between this and the pet peeve thread?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Because if your monitor is off you would typically be able to see your reflection, so whatever thing you were insulting is now yourself.

It always reminds me of the final panel in this Whomp! comic:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

When you accidentally say something in Fahrenheit and everyone goes "OH poo poo WE'RE ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN IT'S SOOO HOT OLOLOLOLOL"

People using Fahrenheit.

Also people who stop in their tracks immediately after getting off a bus/train/escalator. Especially since in the last case they're going to get rammed and I don't feel good ramming a little old lady. (It's always little old ladies.)

e: People who take the receipt from an ATM and start looking at it while still standing in front of the ATM like gently caress you little old lady (it's always little old ladies) your transaction is done go read your receipt somewhere else there's ten people in line here.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 08:26 on Apr 5, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Grown adults eating with their mouths open and people cracking their knuckles, I suppose. Maybe that's only because I was sat next to a guy at work who did both for about six months, though.

Speaking of eating habits, people who drag their teeth along forks and spoons when taking a bite. That always gives me a shudder down my spine.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

People who slow, but don't completely stop, while texting in the middle of the grocery store.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

People who use their "culture" to justify being assholes. I hate even saying this because it makes me sound like a huge racist...I don't know how not to sound like your generic angry white man pissed off that his slightly newer immigrated neighbors are ruining his good time on the property stolen by others.

Anyway, someone blasting their bass-driven music out of an open truck door directly onto our bedroom window is rude. When I try to address it, the response is, "Hey man, it's our culture. You need to respect our culture. This is how we do it."

Well, motherfucker, if it's my culture to take a big loving poo poo on the hood of our neighbor's car, it doesn't make it okay to do it.

I guess this might be a singular problem. But if other people do it, why that just makes me :argh:

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People who interrupt you when speaking during a conversation. Especially if its to try to finish your anecdote or story for you incorrectly. If you would shut up for a second and just let me finish, then you would realize that wasn't what I was going to/trying to say at all.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People who take forever to tell a story.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

cinni posted:

People who interrupt you when speaking during a conversation. Especially if its to try to finish your anecdote or story for you incorrectly. If you would shut up for a second and just let me finish, then you would realize that wasn't what I was going to/trying to say at all.

Ugh, I just suffered through two weekends with a houseguest who had this charming habit. I started tallying how many sentences I got to finish- eight. And I received sarcastic replies to all of them. She just left yesterday and I'm actually kind of sad her luggage didn't end up in Guam or something. Horrible girl.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

People who, in person, talk about memes they saw online.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Anyone who says "LOL" or "OMG" out loud.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

mds2 posted:

Basically every other person on the road driving.
"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is a moron and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?" - George Carlin

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Perestroika posted:

Speaking of eating habits, people who drag their teeth along forks and spoons when taking a bite. That always gives me a shudder down my spine.

How about people who take a massive breath in whenever they put food in their mouths?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
People who stand right next to the doors when waiting to get on a train or lift who then act amazed and annoyed that I might want to get off the lift/train, and that they're going to have to move away from the door.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

What's the difference between this and the pet peeve thread?

I didn't know there was one. I searched and didn't find anything similar. I can kill this thread if it's redundant for people.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sunswipe posted:

People who stand right next to the doors when waiting to get on a train or lift who then act amazed and annoyed that I might want to get off the lift/train, and that they're going to have to move away from the door.

I just barrel through them now and don't even look back to see if they are ok.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mu Zeta posted:

I just barrel through them now and don't even look back to see if they are ok.

I really need to start doing that. Nice to know it's not just me with this problem, though.

This really is a stupid thing to get angry over, so this seems like the right place for it: online shops that send you an email to tell you they're picking out your item now, or packing your item now. What's the point? Confirmation they've received the order makes sense. Confirmation that they've posted it is useful, it lets me know to keep an eye out for our idiot postman leaving a parcel where the dog can chew it. But what am I supposed to do with the information that someone's getting the item I want and putting it in a box?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Nostradingus posted:

People who, in person, talk about memes they saw online.

people who, in person, try to correct others about memes they saw online

"no, this is an pupper, not le doggo! give him many pats! 14/10!"

Peddle2thaMetal
Apr 17, 2012

ooooooooo yeaaaahhh
Existing, pretty much. Lack of situational awareness and courtesy.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

People who just fuckin' stop their car wherever they want. "Oh, well I'm turning right into a parking lot and the driveway is clear, this is a forty mile an hour road and there's traffic behind me, better come to a complete stop before attempting this turn!"

Sunswipe posted:

I have no idea how this has started happening but at the gas station closest to my house, if all the pumps are full people have started waiting RIGHT IN THE loving DRIVEWAY OF THE LOT. It's the "standing obliviously in a doorway" thing except far more frustrating because cars are involved. Like, I want to get in and grab some aluminum foil quick, I've got the oven preheating, I'm giving you the polite "get the gently caress out of my way what are you doing there" honk, there's two cars behind me and a third waiting to turn, WHY ARE YOU IN THE DRIVEWAY? I literally never saw anything so stupid for the past year+ and now within the last two weeks it seems like it's happening every time I drive by. Where do people learn these habits? :psyduck:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

veni veni veni posted:

I didn't know there was one. I searched and didn't find anything similar. I can kill this thread if it's redundant for people.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703493

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Vinylshadow posted:

"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is a moron and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?" - George Carlin

This is the exact truth.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Vinylshadow posted:

Man I'm pretty chill about other drivers but anyone who rubbernecks can go gently caress themselves. Yeah that car in the ditch is really super important and relevant to you compared to the cars on the fuckin road you're driving on.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Wheat Loaf posted:

Grown adults eating with their mouths open

I was going to post this.

I'm Swedish and we are very peculiar about personal space so my worst quirks that bug me are about that.

People who somehow managed to get their hands in my face during a conversation. I worked with a guy who used his hands a lot while talking and while demonstrating something he had a habit of getting his hands in a 10 cm range from other peoples faces. Just the oddest things like "I was working and this thing slid down and missed my face by *this much* *swings open palmed hand past other persons face*"

People who touch my food. Not actually digging into the food itself but reach into my lunchbox to lift out the water bottle or milk carton to demonstrate a point or just because it sparked his interest. Like for example when the work team are out eating and we order in sandwiches. They come wrapped in plastic and this one guy could pick up my sandwich and hold it up like "Hey check this out, roast beef and potato salad, fancy"

People who try to snag the whole phone when you want to show them a picture.

People who loving swipe when you show them a picture.

People who borrow tools out of my car without asking. Just walking right past me to dig in there in my stuff. Yeah it's a company car and some of it is company equipment but I'm responsible for and take care of all of it.

Once I worked with a guy and we were meeting up at a parking lot. As I drove up I got a phone call so I stayed in my car to finish the call before stepping out of the car. While I'm sitting there talking on the phone, the other guy walks up to my car, opens the drivers door and then just stands there with his hands in his pockets, looking at me while I'm on the phone. That pissed me off more than anything has for years and I can't even explain why.

Catberry has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Apr 5, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Catberry posted:

People who try to snag the whole phone when you want to show them a picture.

People who loving swipe when you show them a picture.

This is the worst and practically everyone over 50 seems to do it. I don't even have anything objectionable on my phone but I always tense up and grab my phone back. It's such a violation of personal space.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

food court bailiff posted:

People who just fuckin' stop their car wherever they want. "Oh, well I'm turning right into a parking lot and the driveway is clear, this is a forty mile an hour road and there's traffic behind me, better come to a complete stop before attempting this turn!"

And the corollary, people who think their hazard flashers are the "park anywhere you want to" lights.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

This is the worst and practically everyone over 50 seems to do it. I don't even have anything objectionable on my phone but I always tense up and grab my phone back. It's such a violation of personal space.

Its just ignorance I think. They don't realize that you could potentially be swiping into a huge repository of every photo the person has ever taken, they think its like an individual photo album or something and if picture #1 is a cute dog then there may be more cute dog pictures in the album.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it's pretty innocent. I think they believe it's like if someone was showing them a binder of photos. It's still super obnoxious. But yeah, generational ignorance more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

People that stand in the middle of foot traffic while talking on their phones. Don't block people and don't make people walk around you. You can take a few steps to the left or right or lean against a wall or something just get your self out of the drat way if you want to be still and talk.

There is an obvious exception for somebody asking for directions or being told to look for something.

This happened to me twice at the gym this morning. She went inside the door and stopped with it right behind her, staring at her phone. Luckily the door was glass so I used the adjacent one, and she got out of the way. Leaving the locker room not ten minutes after, I almost ran into her again because she was staring at her phone, right in the middle of the doorway.

Look, facebook is clearly more important than your workout, that's fine--but please stop standing in doorways that people are trying to walk through.

food court bailiff posted:

"Slight curve on the freeway? BRAKES! Someone's passing me on the right at a reasonable speed? Better hit the brakes! A cloud off in the distance?! That can only mean a torrential downpour is imminent and I must hit the brakes!!!"

• Locked thread