Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slime
Jan 3, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

2 pieces of chicken is normal for a person to eat. One piece of cake is a normal dessert. One hamburger is a normal portion of hamburgers. Two hot dogs is one too many hot dogs

I'm a tiny skinny little runt and even I think 2 pieces of chicken is not a meal. One hamburger is not a meal. One hot dog is not a meal.

one piece of cake is a normal dessert though, if you need more than 1/5th of an entire cake as an extra to your meal then you are officially a greedy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Slime posted:

I'm a tiny skinny little runt and even I think 2 pieces of chicken is not a meal. One hamburger is not a meal. One hot dog is not a meal.

one piece of cake is a normal dessert though, if you need more than 1/5th of an entire cake as an extra to your meal then you are officially a greedy gently caress
Operating under the assumption that sides are also served, my post is absolutely correct

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

When a customer walks up and talks at me when I'm in the middle of helping another customer. gently caress right off, I'm helping someone else, and you're being doubly rude by ignoring my current customer. Oh excuse me, patient, because this is medical so you're ALSO violating their privacy. Had an absolute bitch try to do this the other day where she cut in front of five others because it was "just a quick question" then tried to complain to the management. Jokes on her, my current patient was a home care nurse who read her the riot act. I can't wrap my head around entitled jerks. One of these days she's going to pull that stunt and someone in line on their last nerve will do a lot more than yell.

vvv See? This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Reply "I'm sorry did the middle of my sentence interrupt​ the beginning of yours?"

gently caress those people though.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

InequalityGodzilla posted:

It really does feel like that's kind of a uniquely American thing. I've spent some time abroad in Canada and Europe and got the feeling that doing something like that would be unthinkable.

I think it arose from a combination of our society being so drat self-absorbed and businesses deciding that the way to get more customers in is to just give them whatever they want. Our customer service, like...everything is geared toward never doing anything at all that could irritate a customer in the slightest way. Meanwhile a number of companies just hand out coupons, free stuff, discounts, and whatever like candy for every single complaint, ever. So a society of self-centered people with poor morals have all been taught that if you complain long enough or loud enough you'll get both your own way and a free pie.

So of course you have people that lose their minds at the slightest provocation.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Benny Harvey posted:

Oh God, this. Especially people who say "what?" before youve finished.

I worked with a guy who would tell stories only he didn't really speak as much as mumble and when you said "what?" because you couldn't understand anything he was saying he'd get really mad. After a while I learned everyone else just didn't listen to his stories.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
When you want to watch a playthrough video on youtube of an old game you could never finish back when.

And every single video has the author sperg out all over the video with endless inane monologue. Then of course a part of the screen is dedicated to a webcam of his neckbeard rear end in his attempt to build recognition. So he can try to mine money from the internet.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Here's an obnoxious thing that I think makes me reasonably angry: men using public conveniences/shared facilities, pissing all over the toilet seat and leaving it for the next guy to deal with.

Is it difficult for some people to lift the seat before you go? Is it difficult for some people to wipe up after they're done? Because I've never had either problem that I can recall. Who do these people think they are?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Who do these people think they are?

Piss gods.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Wheat Loaf posted:

Here's an obnoxious thing that I think makes me reasonably angry: men using public conveniences/shared facilities, pissing all over the toilet seat and leaving it for the next guy to deal with.

Is it difficult for some people to lift the seat before you go? Is it difficult for some people to wipe up after they're done? Because I've never had either problem that I can recall. Who do these people think they are?

My work has a big training facility we go to for residential courses. Last time I was there I went to use the toilet in the main building and someone had left a giant messy poo poo in it.

Not as bad as the guy who got drunk and poo poo on the floor in his room, though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Men are pieces of poo poo and half the time it's laziness and the other half is intentional. I used to work construction and people would straight up sabatoge the port o potties by making GBS threads on the seat and smearing it around or burning holes in the bottom of the urinal so you piss on your feet.

My favorite bathroom rear end in a top hat is the guy that covers the seat in toilet paper because they are too germaphobic to sit on the seat, but then leaves the sat on toilet paper for the next guy to clean up.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

veni veni veni posted:

Men are pieces of poo poo and half the time it's laziness and the other half is intentional. I used to work construction and people would straight up sabatoge the port o potties by making GBS threads on the seat and smearing it around or burning holes in the bottom of the urinal so you piss on your feet.

My favorite bathroom rear end in a top hat is the guy that covers the seat in toilet paper because they are too germaphobic to sit on the seat, but then leaves the sat on toilet paper for the next guy to clean up.

I'm not sure that's a "men" thing but more of a "someone else will clean it up" thing. Case in point, the used tampon I once found in the gym showers. Like...you HAD to pull it out in the shower? The bathroom is RIGHT THERE.

The giant clots of hair are bad enough (like seriously, how is there any left on your head? Maybe brush it before showering so some of that excess goes into your hairbrush and not in the shower drain?)

Burning holes into a urinal I can't explain, though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

My favorite bathroom rear end in a top hat is women.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

veni veni veni posted:

Joke's on him, I'm not the one smelling burning plastic and hot piss.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I'm getting tired of people gasping in shock every time I understand what they say in Chinese. I've been here for two years; do you really think I haven't picked anything up? Arrrrrgh.

Incidentally, they'd probably post about me in this thread if they knew how frequently I play dumb on purpose...

Sunrise, sunset.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
People who refuse to take 'no' for an answer.

No, thank you.
Ok well you think about it and...
No. I am not interested.
But you will love doing this thing!
No. gently caress you.

Similarly, guys who refuse to take the polite brush off after a date or conversation, as mentioned above. And then they leave nasty messages calling you a bitch who won't give a nice guy a chance blah blah

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
People who can't comprehend that I don't drink hot drinks. I used to just say "No, thank you" to offers of tea and coffee until I found that I'd inadvertantly offended someone because I always refused their offer and they thought it was something to do with them. So I say "No thanks, I don't drink hot drinks." Which is the cue for people to list every possible hot drink you can possible imagine, as if I've never heard of fruit tea, hot chocolate or Bovril.

Have a similar problem with cheese. Mention I don't like it and people launch into "But how do you eat pizza?" I don't. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

People who can't comprehend that I don't drink hot drinks. I used to just say "No, thank you" to offers of tea and coffee until I found that I'd inadvertantly offended someone because I always refused their offer and they thought it was something to do with them. So I say "No thanks, I don't drink hot drinks." Which is the cue for people to list every possible hot drink you can possible imagine, as if I've never heard of fruit tea, hot chocolate or Bovril.

Have a similar problem with cheese. Mention I don't like it and people launch into "But how do you eat pizza?" I don't. Why is that so difficult to understand?

it's because you're a freak, sorry

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Slime posted:

it's because you're a freak, sorry
I'm not the one who juices a cow, then leaves the juice to go off until it's solid, then eats it. You sick fucks.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Sunswipe posted:

I'm not the one who juices a cow, then leaves the juice to go off until it's solid, then eats it. You sick fucks.
______________________/

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There are good pizzas without cheese. You're missing out.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

I used to clean bathrooms for a living.

Neither gender respects bathrooms or anybody else that had to use them. Humans in general are just loving gross.

Granted we also have a society that encourages men to be horrible jerks that make others miserable like that and laugh about it. I imagine construction workers feel the need to be macho and assert their dominance like that.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

People who can't stop themselves from singing whatever is playing on the radio, even if that means interrupting you mid-sentence.

Bonus points if they only know half the words and mumble their way through the parts they don't know.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mu Zeta posted:

There are good pizzas without cheese. You're missing out.
I know cheeseless pizza is a thing, but I'm pretty sure any place I order from would gently caress it up, and even if they don't I'm still left eating an overpriced open sandwich. Seriously, gently caress pizza.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

People who drop the words to be.

"My clothes need washed"

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Sunswipe posted:

I know cheeseless pizza is a thing, but I'm pretty sure any place I order from would gently caress it up, and even if they don't I'm still left eating an overpriced open sandwich. Seriously, gently caress pizza.

You shut Your whore mouth about pizza! Pizza and beer are gods only gifts unto this world!

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
Why won't this restuarant serve me chicken nuggets I want chicken nuggets

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I used to clean bathrooms for a living.

Neither gender respects bathrooms or anybody else that had to use them. Humans in general are just loving gross.

Granted we also have a society that encourages men to be horrible jerks that make others miserable like that and laugh about it. I imagine construction workers feel the need to be macho and assert their dominance like that.

I was in our school's bathroom yesterday trying to pee. The Western-style toilet had piss all over the seat, one of them had a bloody footprint, and the third just had so many used tampons and pads piled in the toilet paper bucket that I couldn't bring myself to go in. Ended up going four floors down to find a clean one.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Places that have a children's menu, but you have to be under 12 to order from it. Sometimes I want the smaller, more sprinkle laden version of a thing, ffs.

edit: maybe this should be in the other, really similar thread. Oh well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I know more than one person that thinks it's totally okay to fart in any situation.
"It's just a bodily function" they say.
"I don't want to inhale your poop gas, idiot"

Adults who never eat vegetables. They also never cook and often drink loads of diet soda.

People who mumble through phone calls and get irate when you ask them to repeat themselves.

People that call me, I say "Hello, this is Inzombiac"
"...Who is this?!"
MOTHERFUCKER, YOU CALLED ME.

Employees that go into meltdown whenever a small change happens, even when they were fully briefed and had time to weigh in BUT OF COURSE said nothing.

Anyone that blocks the doors on a train so that people can't leave and cock-gargling misanthropes.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Inzombiac posted:

I know more than one person that thinks it's totally okay to fart in any situation.

Every once in a while I see reports of a doctor / nurse who cut the cheese in surgery and everyone freaks out because they think a bowel has been perforated till someone owns up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People getting angry about literal junk food; for example:

Applesnots posted:

You shut Your whore mouth about pizza! Pizza and beer are gods only gifts unto this world!

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Inzombiac posted:

Poop gas is complicated stuff. I take evening courses which involve spending 3 hours in a room with only women. So you hold them in for 3 hours. The problem is that by the time it's done the clock is 9 in the evening and you have so much collected poop gas that dropping it outside would cause the sound to echo off the buildings in the quiet night and everyone for two blocks would hear it so now you have to save i until you get into the car instead.

Catberry has a new favorite as of 11:11 on Apr 13, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inzombiac posted:

Burp in their face. Flick your boogers at them. Piss in their coffee. "It's just a bodily function!"

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Adults who never eat vegetables. They also never cook and often drink loads of diet soda.
True story, in college one of the guys on the same level of my dorm had decided that he hated fruits and vegetables and decided that, since he was no longer under his parent's watchful eyes, he was no longer going to eat them. About 3 months after the year started he went to the campus health center complaining about constant tiredness and bruising easily. They told him to go to a real doctor because they didn't know what the gently caress.

The idiot turned out to have scurvy.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

People who fly at stop signs at full speed just to slam on their brakes at the last second. Are you going to hit me or what buddy?

Similar to this but people who slowly start to pull out onto the road as you're passing. I can't read your mind I have no idea if you saw me and you're actually going to come out and hit me or not

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

InequalityGodzilla posted:

True story, in college one of the guys on the same level of my dorm had decided that he hated fruits and vegetables and decided that, since he was no longer under his parent's watchful eyes, he was no longer going to eat them. About 3 months after the year started he went to the campus health center complaining about constant tiredness and bruising easily. They told him to go to a real doctor because they didn't know what the gently caress.

The idiot turned out to have scurvy.

:stonk: I'm sure I remember reading recently that you need so little vitamin c to avoid scurvy that having a couple of ketchup packets with your fries (or whatever crap the guy was eating) would be enough. What was he eating?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I've heard several stories about dumb idiots developing scurvy because of their awful dietary habits and it's always some dude at college. :haw:

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Mine was some kid who blew his year's budget in freshers week then decided the most cost effective way to live was on porridge. Idiot should have chosen dog food instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Pharnakes posted:

Mine was some kid who blew his year's budget in freshers week then decided the most cost effective way to live was on porridge. Idiot should have chosen dog food instead.

I've heard this one with pasta.

• Locked thread