Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

Mezzanine posted:

Yes, I am in the left (fast) lane. I am driving a relatively safe speed of 5 mph over the speed limit, as is common. You do not need to go faster than that. You are so close you're practically in my trunk you impatient gently caress.

Depending on where you live it may actually be illegal for you to do this if you're not actively passing somebody :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Mezzanine posted:

If you mean illegal to be IN the fast lane unless passing, rather than being a general "avoid using the fast lane unless passing", I was not aware of that. I try to be as accommodating as possible, but still.

In some U.S. states (and probably other places too) cops can ticket you for hanging out in the fast lane without passing or getting over if you're holding up traffic by doing so: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/08/us/more-states-are-cracking-down-on-left-lane-slowpokes.html?_r=0

Personally, I think the rationale is a little bit goofy, but you never really know why somebody in the left lane is speeding. Could be a medical emergency, could be an rear end in a top hat, could just really have to poop. It's not really my place to make that call.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
After having read the above discussion, I can no longer remember how I hold cutlery. I'll never eat again. Thanks guys.

• Locked thread