Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Benny Harvey posted:

People who complain about free food (or any free stuff really).

Counterpoint: If they didn't want to shell out to properly feed everyone they should have just said BRING MEAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

2 pieces of chicken is normal for a person to eat. One piece of cake is a normal dessert. One hamburger is a normal portion of hamburgers. Two hot dogs is one too many hot dogs

I'm a tiny skinny little runt and even I think 2 pieces of chicken is not a meal. One hamburger is not a meal. One hot dog is not a meal.

one piece of cake is a normal dessert though, if you need more than 1/5th of an entire cake as an extra to your meal then you are officially a greedy gently caress

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

People who can't comprehend that I don't drink hot drinks. I used to just say "No, thank you" to offers of tea and coffee until I found that I'd inadvertantly offended someone because I always refused their offer and they thought it was something to do with them. So I say "No thanks, I don't drink hot drinks." Which is the cue for people to list every possible hot drink you can possible imagine, as if I've never heard of fruit tea, hot chocolate or Bovril.

Have a similar problem with cheese. Mention I don't like it and people launch into "But how do you eat pizza?" I don't. Why is that so difficult to understand?

it's because you're a freak, sorry

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have literally heard people defend intentionally chewing open-mouthed because of this bonkers magical thinking by which, and I'm paraphrasing, "air mixing with the food as you chew it enhances its flavor." That's absolutely not how that works, but you have to appreciate the sort of logic a mildly inventive and utterly selfish 5-year-old child might employ to avoid having to change their behavior for the sake of courtesy.

If air mixing with their food makes it taste better then logically this also means they're making the air taste better by adding their food to it while they eat like a loving troglodyte. Win win!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sociopastry posted:

Chill.

Also people who don't read the instructions/tutorials for a game and then get frustrated that they don't know how to play. Like, dude, if you'd just take the minute to read the instructions you'd be having a lot more fun right now.

People who complain the game isn't telling them where they need to go or what they need to do when the game is literally telling them right then.

"Where am I meant to go this is loving stupid!"
*completely ignores the big arrow or waypoint or whatever that's leading them right to where they need to go*

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Pedestrians who know they shouldn't be crossing the road at that time, so they run halfway across, then slow to a saunter for the other half.

I do this but I do it when I'm at a crossing. it's because i want to get off the road because even at a crossing i don't trust drivers but also i'm too lazy to actually hurry

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

yo rear end is grass posted:

I heard the root beer/cough syrup comparison from an Australian girl I used to know, and I also heard the same thing about vanilla from a Taiwanese guy, so root beer floats are my go-to remedy whenever I feel a sore throat coming on. It works.

It totally tastes like cough syrup. Thing is...I like the taste of cough syrup.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If they're Australian, yes.

But if you're australian calling another man a oval office basically means "hey friend"

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tiggum posted:

People spreading this myth is an obnoxious little thing that makes me unreasonably angry.

that makes me happy and so i will continue to spread it

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

The Snoo posted:

managers who demand you come into work even though you're extremely ill and contagious or else they'll fire you

The answer is obvious. Make very, very certain they catch it.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

My arms are covered with nasty scars. They almost always started out as kitten/cat scratches or mosquito bites, but I tend to tear the scab off when I'm asleep, or when I'm awake and not paying attention. I scar badly. So far the easy excuse is the kittens/I foster cats, and as long as I'm not around a bunch of other fosters who don't scar badly, people seem okay with it. I really just want to tattoo over the fucker but I don't know if that's possible.

The suck part is, the scars I got from working as a zookeeper, actual baby tiger slash marks across the backs of my calves, faded within a year.

Just say the ones on your arms were from a baby tiger too. It's not technically lying since they count as kittens in my opinion.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

For a couple months I was living at a place that had roosters crowing near my window, and they went all night because there were foxes in the area. Also no glass on the windows, just a screen. I got an app that played white noise on my phone and slept with earbuds in. They stayed in surprisingly well and managed to drown out the idiot roosters so I could finally sleep.

Life hack: Kill and eat the roosters. Or the foxes. Both.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

yo rear end is grass posted:

I used to work at a laser tag place that held birthday parties. The package came with two large pizzas. Sometimes the parents would order a third, then become completely baffled that they were being charged more. How do people like this live until adulthood AND manage to reproduce?

consider how loving dumb a lot of animals are and they manage to reproduce

don't need to be smart to get your bang on

Slime has a new favorite as of 11:02 on Jun 3, 2017

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Some people just don't want to learn. Or have respect for people.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Honestly a stranger spelling your name wrong is fine, they can't be expected to guess which way your name is spelt just by hearing it so they just default to the most common spelling or if it's a foreign name probably ask. But if it's someone you interact with regularly and have corrected multiple times then it just shows they don't actually give a flying gently caress about you.

what i'm saying screaming idiot is try seeing if you can get a job with a boss who isn't so drat disrespectful to her employees

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Catberry? More like Catteberry

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
When people tell off children/pets for making noise/a disturbance and are actually straight up louder than them anyway, thus waking up people who weren't actually bothered by the original noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Dump a pot of yoghurt on the floor and eat the yoghurt off the floor like an animal you piece of poo poo

• Locked thread