Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I know more than one person that thinks it's totally okay to fart in any situation.
"It's just a bodily function" they say.
"I don't want to inhale your poop gas, idiot"

Adults who never eat vegetables. They also never cook and often drink loads of diet soda.

People who mumble through phone calls and get irate when you ask them to repeat themselves.

People that call me, I say "Hello, this is Inzombiac"
"...Who is this?!"
MOTHERFUCKER, YOU CALLED ME.

Employees that go into meltdown whenever a small change happens, even when they were fully briefed and had time to weigh in BUT OF COURSE said nothing.

Anyone that blocks the doors on a train so that people can't leave and cock-gargling misanthropes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WE ARE BOTH WATCHING THIS MOVIE FOR THE FIRST TIME.
STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't know relatable this is.
I've run a lot of RPGs in my day with loads of different people.

There is always one person in the group who MUST inject themselves into every scene. Sometimes they are just excited and can't contain it or they are an rear end in a top hat that must be heard.

If I'm setting the scene or giving some dramatic exposition, don't chime in with your moronic quips.
Don't yell over the table and undercut someone.

gently caress you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh Christ. I love Harmon and HarmonQuest but the time they tried Shadowrun made me want to die.
It was six people, 3-4 of whom had not played before, all yelling over each other and having no idea what their characters could do.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cigarettes make me nauseous right away. Being around smoke even for a couple minutes makes me want to puke. Not being hyperbolic, I may be allergic.

With that said, going to someone's house where they smoke inside causes me to die. I have died many times. I am several ghosts. We are legion.

Weed smoke, however, is like sweet ambrosia to me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

To break up the smoke chat:

I have ADD and get infuriated by people that ramble when they talk or over-explain themselves.
Buddy, I have a hard enough time paying attention to you. Please don't make this difficult.

I've learned to be composed and succinct in hopes that others will follow my lead.
They don't.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sociopastry posted:

Whatup, ADD buddy

Listen, friend, guy, buddy, pal- I cannot focus on you this long. Please get to the point of your story before my poo poo brain goes on an adventure.

Why are you still- this is just the same sentence in three different ways. Fuuuuuck you ugh. Just get to the pooooooint

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ZDar Fan posted:

I hear that. In the same vein, one of the worst things is when someone is explaining something, and I try to make it clear that I understand it, and they just keep explaining it.

UUUUGGGGHHHHHH

I have a co-worker that is fairly smart but lacks any confidence. He likes to explain to people how to do their job because he's an rear end in a top hat and thinks he's getting validation.

Littering.
In what scenario are you not a short walk from a garbage can?
OR does a candy wrappers suddenly become toxic once you eat all the contents? Put it in your loving pocket FOR LIKE A MINUTE.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not really a thing people do but nerds do do: using "X doesn't exist" to mean "I don't like X". As in "There are only two Robocop movies" or "I'm glad they never made a movie out of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" or poo poo like that.

loving same.
I know too many grown-rear end adults that, when they don't like something even a little bit, claim it's "THE WORST THING EVER!!!!!"

That new tapas place is worse than the Rape of Nanking? Are you absolutely sure the Power Rangers movie is a million times worse than the reign of Pol Pot?
You suuuuuuure?

I hate people that are so boring and lame that they invent medical issues for why they can't do something. I'm sorry that your mild dandruff is getting in the way of going hiking.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bogan King posted:

To be fair if someone is complaining about dandruff being an excuse to get out of hiking you probably dodged a bullet. They don't sound like fun company on a walk.

It took me a while to cut these types out of my life but now I'm free and can BREATHE.
There was one guy that would be furious if you didn't invite him to stuff but would almost never show up.
If he did, he'd be miserable and never help.
Nah dude, you just hang out in your hammock while everyone else gets firewood and sets up dinner.
Oh, you don't like what we're cooking? Go catch a rabbit or something, you gently caress.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Also, root beer is uncommon in Australia, which is a shame, as it is my favourite drink.

We hosted a ton of Japanese students when I was young. Getting them to try root beer for the first time was always hilarious. Apparently to them it tastes like cough syrup.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

He's been somewhat of a cultural staple for 20+ years. It's hard not to know stuff about him.

I hate people that get really territorial over video game consoles. Maybe it made sense when we were kids and only had Nintendo and Sega but a 30 year-old person who ONLY plays Xbox or whatever is so weird. I invited you over to play Smash, don't be a jerk about it.

People who talk about their favorite sports teams as "we". You don't play for them. "We" didn't win anything. They, the team of highly trained athletes, won. Not you. You have a dad bod and are 5'6".

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Corrode posted:

This is a pedant's argument which annoys me as much as "sportsball" and stuff. Fans are a way bigger part of a sports club or team than individual players are -fans show up when the team is shite and playing away in the rain at 7pm on a Tuesday, fans pay the money for tickets to games and watch on TV and buy the merchandise, and generally they stick with the club much longer than any individual player. Not to mention that plenty of fans are members of the club, or even owners if there's a supporters' trust or something in place. It's absolutely "we."

That argument doesn't hold up in an environment where the sports fan is talking to people who don't follow sports.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm mixed on this. I went to University of Tennessee and played a sport there, and when watching the football/basketball/baseball (lol like that's ever on TV)/whatever team, I say "we" won/lost, etc. I grew up in Tampa and am a huge Bucs fan, but when referring to them I say "they" won/lost. Same with the Braves, except I just grew up a fan, not in Atlanta.

I'd really like your approval on this before I continue doing it.

I give a pass to people that actually played on that team, even if it was a while ago.
My dad played for his college baseball team and watches them on TV sometimes. He refers to them as "we" sometimes and it's less annoying because he was on that team for four years.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bogan King posted:

My personal favourite is ones who claim that they're half "scotch". Great that you admit you're an alcoholic but alcoholic isn't a race / nationality.

Ugh, I've known a few of those but it's always "Nah bro I'm not even drunk. I'm like 75 percent Irish!"
*Falls into a gutter and poops their pants*

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Any time you posit two possibilities and the other person always goes, "both!"
Haha yeah okay, funny joke. Seriously, though.
"BOTH! HAR HAR HAR"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I recently moved from a house to an apartment and I forgot how much I missed hearing the general sounds of other people.
Aside from my young, obnoxious neighbor it's been okay this time.

One thing I hate is living in a complex and people hang out outside all the time.
Near my front door is a group of 2-6 old gross dudes who just sit on the curb and smoke. Sometimes they yell at each other but most of the time they are just wasting away.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Less loveable simpletons and more meth-mouthed wannabe rap stars.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

"It's either going to be great or it's gonna be the worst!"

...how? If you honestly think those are the only two possibilities then the reality is probably somewhere in the middle.
I can't think of anything that fits this assessment.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think that is because of the general backlash against the (correct) idea that the "truth" is usually in the middle. Typically it is said about politics but people still jump on you for saying a movie, especially if its a nerd one like star wars/trek or comic books, was "just ok". Everyone has to have a super strong hyperbolic opinion about it either way.

Huh, I've never been called out for having a moderate opinion. Well, maybe when I thought Avatar was just okay and most others were still on the hype train.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

People that are on their phones during movie previews. I don't see it often but it infuriates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm certainly not the smartest person in my group of friends but I am politically savvy. It comes, in large part, because my job is entrenched in the political sphere.

So when a person asks me about a situation that has a complex answer, I want to scream when they try to rush me along. This goes double when they ask the same question later with slightly different phrasing.

If you had let me talk for less than 60 seconds without interrupting, you would know by now! The Middle East is fuckin' wild, you guys!

• Locked thread