Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Maggie Fletcher posted:

"Slight curve on the freeway? BRAKES! Someone's passing me on the right at a reasonable speed? Better hit the brakes! A cloud off in the distance?! That can only mean a torrential downpour is imminent and I must hit the brakes!!!"

I'm on the highway and my exit is coming up in four miles? BETTER SLOW THE gently caress DOWN TO TWENTY BELOW THE SPEED LIMIT DURING PEAK HOURS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Rolo posted:

Pretty sure this was on Scrubs.

"Sir, I farted. That smell was from the fart that I made."

I've heard that Scrubs is actually the most realistic medical show in terms of the interpersonal poo poo.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

As opposed to a field joke nigga???

Or a professional street nigga like this guy:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Sunswipe posted:

Mate at college kept insisting I needed to watch Fight Club, eventually bringing a copy in with him and handing it to me. It sat in the bottom of my bag for about two months, with him asking every few days "Have you watched it yet?" Nope. Not interested. Watched Commando again last night.

It's not even that these shows or films are bad, it's just that people will not shut the gently caress up about them. I've heard of Game of Thrones. It's probably the biggest nerd thing on televsion.

I loving love Game of Thrones but holy poo poo don't I ever know what you mean here. The more somebody insists that I need to see something, the more put off I am. Even if it's something I'm likely to enjoy. Suggest it once and maybe I'll get around to it. Hounding me constantly is the best way to be sure I'll never watch it. I'm not going to be harassed into watching a TV show.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Cowslips Warren posted:

OMG Cowslips, you are drinking diet soda? That will kill you! It gives cancer to lab rats!

Said while smoking a cigarette.

"Good thing I'm not a lab rat."

I suspect she might not know how to respond if you say that.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Norfolk's airport is ORF, and apparently they embrace it and "take ORF" is a slogan they use.

At least BOS and PVD are fairly intuitive with regard to where they are. Although PVD is actually in Warwick, not Providence, because ???

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It has nothing to do with people not liking sports and everything to do with people being insufferable dorks about it. It's the hurf durf sportsball bullshit, the "don't say 'we' if you're not actually on the team" nerdsplaining, the "why would you want to watch someone else play a game" disingenuous garbage. Because it's entertaining to watch people do something that they're good at!

Disclaimer: I'm not a butthurt sports fan, I'm actually a giant nerd who plays Overwatch but the whole nerd circlejerk thing of making a huge show of how much you don't care about sports is obnoxious and fits into this thread. I don't give a poo poo if you don't enjoy the same hobbies as someone else, just don't be a loving jackass about it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

om nom nom posted:

My all time favorite allergy lie was when a woman ordered a caprese pasta that was topped with chiffonade basil. "I have a chiffonade allergy, please make sure there isn't any near my food."

She probably got food poisoning from something and "chiffonade" was the only unfamiliar word so she decided she must be allergic to it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Nostradingus posted:

There's a handful of goon words and phrases that drive me up the wall just because of how overused they are. Over/under is among them. Same with "milquetoast" and the dozens of ~wacky~ misspellings of "schadenfreude." Oh, and "namaste."

That is annoying but so is the phenomenon of people getting all weird about goons using certain words and phrases "wrong". Like Dunning-Kruger effect. Do goons get a little too trigger happy with that one? Sure, but I've never seen them use it wrong, just a bit too eagerly.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

yeah I eat rear end posted:

On a related note, it makes me unreasonably angry when people call themselves a "writer" or "artist" or "musician" or whatever when they have never truly successfully done it for a living, let alone made any money off of it.

Gamer.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jerry Cotton posted:

This reminds me of a little thing that does not make me angry but rather amuses me: adding "Pro" to the names of home dental care products. Like "Pepsodent Professional" as if there are professional tooth brushers and all that Elmex poo poo is for amateurs?

e: Also a gamer is a person who plays video games but also hates women.

as someone who enjoys video games but is not a human garbage scow imagine what it's like playing with these people when there's a woman on the team :ughh:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

veni veni veni posted:

TBH I've been surprised at how little of this I've seen in the years I've played games. I even have a tendency to pop in to random parties that pubs invite me to and its not uncommon for a woman to be in there and I've yet to really see any obnoxious sexism. Even if the party ends up being a bunch of annoying gamer bros.

That may very well just be the games I play though. I'm also virtually never in public chat. I'll make a party even when I'm playing alone so I don't have to listen to them.

There is actually surprisingly little of it in Overwatch, and a lot of women play it. The poo poo you do see is the angry shitlords who think they're gods at the game and rage at their teams for every mistake, major or minor, real or imagined.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thread content: arguing with Tiggum. He's either a bad troll whose gimmick is being the densest motherfucker on the planet, or he is actually the densest motherfucker on the planet.

Why bother?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It seems like people in expensive luxury cars always drive like complete dildos.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Novum posted:

Time to start looking for a new job

That way, next time he asks if you have something better you could be doing, you say "yep, I start in a week" and walk the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

om nom nom posted:

no one but obnoxious Americans pronounce it that way.

Also Irish people, and people from southwest England, parts of the West Country, parts of west Lancashire, or Newfoundland.

• Locked thread