Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Coworkers at the office who cook things in the microwave, then stop it early, take their stuff out, and leave the microwave with like... 10 or 15 seconds left on the timer. They just leave the microwave like that. If the next person to use it doesn't look at the display, and tries to start entering their time, nothing will work. YOu have to hit stop/clear to reset the timer before you can start over. And people do this all the time. Like, more than half the time I go to use the microwave it has time left over.

Why can't you just put in how much time you want instead of always putting in more time and taking it out early? Why can't you stop and clear it when you're done? Why does this bother me so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

In regards to Game of Thrones:

Whenever anyone is talking about the show and refers to Daenerys Targaryen as Khaleesi, as if it was her name. Khaleesi is just the Dothraki term for queen. It is not, nor has it ever been her name. People didn't start referring to Joffrey as "Your Grace", but referring to Daenerys as "Khaleesi" is pretty much doing the same thing.

It's expounded by people who are now actually naming their daughters Khaleesi. Which is another thing that bothers me (naming your children after pop culture characters.)

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Antioch posted:

This lady across the back alley has called her kids name like 100 times in the last 10 minutes, just "Aidan Aidan Aidan Aidan" and on and on and on. She's trying to get his attention for a picture.

And I'm like holy lord woman no he's like 6 months old he doesn't have object permanence yet let alone name recognition! Aidan is a concept that not exist for him yet!

It's very aggravating.

People who name their children Aiden, or anything that rhymes with it, make me unreasonably angry.

• Locked thread