Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

People who make fun of me for not eating a "normal" breakfast meal.

I can eat whatever the gently caress I want whenever the gently caress I want.

The Moon Monster posted:

I guess Chinese naturally sounds pretty awful so it's not as much of an issue for them.

What the gently caress is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Jerry Cotton posted:

The American "Canadians say 'aboot'" meme. Anyone with ears can clearly hear they say "aboat" I mean what the gently caress :confused:

This was discussed at length with a bunch of people from around the world I worked with and it was determined we actually emphasize the second syllable much more so the "ow" sound is more pronounced and drawn out, and as such makes the word almost sound like "ab-ow-oot" which I guess for those who don't say it like that makes them think we're saying "aboot". But it does change regionally, like how people from Newfoundland sound like super redneck Irish.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

People who like to stop their carts in the middle of the grocery store aisle, which effectively blocks it.

You don't drive down the middle of the road, why drive down the middle of the aisle? Move over you poo poo.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I've seen groups of over a dozen show up at little restaurants while travelling. These places generally have random furniture the singular staff member brought in from home. There was one place I visited frequently in Belize that could fit 25 at 5 tables. They swarm the place, get annoyed the seating arrangement can't accommodate them, and then got mad when the guy running the place took too long to make all their dishes himself. But they were adamant that they all has to try the super authentic place all at the same time. This place usually saw fewer than 10 people at a time.

The fact that they audibly complained about it where he could hear it annoyed me the most. He was an awesome guy and didn't deserve the poo poo he got from that group.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Inzombiac posted:

Cigarettes make me nauseous right away. Being around smoke even for a couple minutes makes me want to puke. Not being hyperbolic, I may be allergic.

With that said, going to someone's house where they smoke inside causes me to die. I have died many times. I am several ghosts. We are legion.

Weed smoke, however, is like sweet ambrosia to me.

Same here, it triggers my asthma really bad.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My city has branded itself over the last few years after its airport code for literally everything. Every hashtag pertaining to the city has the code in it. Every festival or event is named after it now. Businesses are naming themselves with the code. It's got to be even more pervasive than LAX at this point. The city is practically being renamed. I'm sure in a couple of years it will be on the greeting signs on the city boundaries.

Here are a few examples:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Strangers making some smarmy as gently caress but disguised as friendly remarks about something I'm doing that they wouldn't do.

Example: One evening I hiked up a mountain to watch the sunset with my husband and brother in law, we hiked down in the dark. I slipped on a slimy root and fell, twisting my knee. BIL developed a big blister on his foot too. We had booked a hotel room that night with the intention of hiking another mountain the next day. Since two of us were sore, we opted for the granniest of granny trails instead. Like, this walk was maybe 2km and mostly flat or boardwalks around a couple small lakes at the bottom of the vertical cliff of the mountain we were up the night before. The only elevation gain has stairs built in.

So we decide to get coffees at McDonald's beforehand and take them with us, since they're east to carry when you're not on a real hike.

Some guy sees us and says "Wow, you guys must REALLY be addicted to coffee to bring those hiking!" I found it pretty obnoxious, so I pointed at the summit looming 800m above us and said "This isn't a hike, that's a hike, we were up there just last night."

I'm just not a fan of lovely half-insulting jokes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Goons timging every image in their post, and the pictures aren't even huge. If they are huge, just put an L or H in front of the extension and it'll resize it to something reasonable.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

om nom nom posted:

I do this because I mostly post on my phone/the awful app and you really can't tell what's huge and what's not.

Then just the letter before the extension so us computer users don't have to click on every image. Or scroll past your post without looking.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Catberry posted:

When you're in a hurry and you need to make a quick stop at a gas station and end up in line behind a foreign guy trying to rent a trailer.

Not racist. Just all the ID stuff and the paper work and the staff being extra suspicious that he's just going to take it out of the country and sell it. Makes for a very drawn out routine.

This but old people and their 50 lottery tickets.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

When random dudes on the street yell that you're a loving stupid bitch and a oval office or start following you when you ignore their catcalls, it's more than a minor inconvenience.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Samovar posted:

Whodathunk?

This is a terrible word and I hate it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Taking kids with the flu out for a day of fun at a family tourist attraction. Everyone loves it when your child pukes in a gift shop and spreads their germs all over everything!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

kreyla posted:

I was the sick child. Even threw up in a gift shop. My dad made me go even though I had stomach flu and bronchitis, because "we paid a lot for this trip and you're not just going to sleep in the hotel!"

Great family times.

Ugh, that's awful. I just have a weak immune system and a weak stomach, so puke makes me puke and even colds give me severe illnesses that lasts for over a month.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Tiggum posted:

People complaining about unusual or unusually spelled names is obnoxious and makes me unreasonably angry. They're just names, people! They're almost entirely irrelevant, and having an odd name is not going to negatively influence anyone's life. Get the gently caress over it.

I work in a gift shop and have people bitch me out nearly every day because we don't have personalized products that say poo poo like "Imajyn" and "Keighleigh" and "Mykel". Like it's my personal fault they gave their child a stupid-rear end name. And they always say the same thing if they see the traditional spelling "They had Kevvyn and Maddysyn but they spelled it wrong."

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Sic Semper Goon posted:

To be fair, it's also your personal and singlehanded fault that it's too hot / raining, your company won't shell out for a credit card reader, the kids won't shut up, there is a line at the checkout and they are on the fast track to the now-standard divorce, so...

Oh god you have no idea. It's a zoo gift shop, and for some reason people only like going when it's like 90 degrees out and sunny. You know what most animals don't like doing in that weather? Anything. So they find shelter and sleep until it's more reasonable out. That makes our zoo a complete ripoff with no animals and it's not fair and who better to voice that opinion to than some retail worker?

If they'd just suck it up and come on a balmy day, they'd see all of them out and super active, running around, playing with each other, etc etc. But then those people might have to like, I don't know, wear a light jacket or something. And that's just no fun at all!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Maybe you should move to a secluded cabin on a mountain, because drat

Honestly this is so tempting every day of my life. I wouldn't even need a cabin, just a cave would suffice. I even know a few, but hikers might get mad when I shoo them off with my incoherent gibberish.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Sociopastry posted:

Can vouch for white noise machines. They work like a charm and also help stop my problem with nightmares.

For a couple months I was living at a place that had roosters crowing near my window, and they went all night because there were foxes in the area. Also no glass on the windows, just a screen. I got an app that played white noise on my phone and slept with earbuds in. They stayed in surprisingly well and managed to drown out the idiot roosters so I could finally sleep.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I was honestly tempted to volunteer for chicken killing duty and "accidentally" serve up the roosters.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

timefly posted:

Time to complain about my boyfriend's friends. His weird friend is getting worse I think. He walks around with his hair super dirty and greasy, in a mullet with bald patches, tangled in two rat's nests at the front and back of his head. It's almost painful to look at him, I actually try to avoid seeing him out of the corner of my eye because it depresses me. He reminds me of the two people I knew while they were dying.

His brother bought him a brush, which he said he used but I didn't see any difference. And seemed awkward/offended when I offered to pay for him to get a haircut with me next time I go. He is a disgusting oversharer and makes random statements that are impossible to respond to, like "My brother bought me an ashtray!" or "I made my bed this morning."

And yet he talks about hookups with attractive women, and people (who were obviously bots) on adultfriendfinder calling him hot. If he fixed his mental problems, stopped blurting out random things, and practiced basic hygiene I'm sure he could date a girl who doesn't care about looks, but no one anywhere ever would call him hot.

He hit on one of our friends the other day, a girl who is insanely picky about men, and tried to give her a neck massage. Yeah.

Lots of times I've found that people with the lowest self-esteem can act weirdly overconfident. The friend he hit on is constantly going on online dates and then coming over and relentlessly making GBS threads on the guys she meets, many of whom are indeed total losers, but she can be incredibly judgemental.

She is 35 and has never moved out of her parents' house. She has never worked much, and she's about to stop working again. She should probably be on disability though because she has chronic pain and symptoms of psychosis. One of her psych meds has given her tardive dyskinesia, so she has a pronounced twitch. She is very uneducated and gullible (thought fake documentary about mermaids was real). Yet she expects to date, like, a hot doctor.

She thought it was "hosed up" that my boyfriend went to spend a few nights at his mom's instead of at our apartment. She also thought it was "hosed up" that a guy she dated had moved out and let his ex and their kids have the house. A guy has to take her out to dinner at least once a week and not even ask to split it and never go anywhere without inviting her or she gets upset. One time we were at a bar and a cute guy asked if she wanted to split a pitcher, and she became highly offended and complained about how she doesn't pay for things. She thought a financial advisor who made 6 figures was a loser because he had a BS in Psychology but his job was unrelated, then asked me what psychology was :psyduck: Whenever she comes over we both have to walk her from her car to the door, and again when she leaves, even during the day. Probably because she's insanely racist, as she's always talking about how she'd never date a black guy. It's just reality, I don't know what she thinks she can bring to a relationship and have someone hold her hand and support her. No, she isn't hot.

Both of them are sweet though, so I feel bad about being so annoyed by them and try to be nice, but omg.

Is that first friend named Cam, because that sounds like someone I was friends/roommates with in my late teens/early 20s. Friendship came to an end when he asked for a hug one night when my boyfriend was in the bathroom, and he started whispering about how he was in love with me the whole time and I should dump my BF for him. He had a bar of soap in the shower that had deep canyons running through where the water had eroded it away because he never used it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I once ended up smelling like that sour piss smell that morbidly obese people smell like after driving a rental power chair back to our shop when this giant lady rented it for a few hours. I was sitting on this chair for no more than 3 minutes. I scrubbed the stupid chair after the fact multiple times, and the air in the rental booth still smelled like it days later. The chair was officially out of commission for a week until the smell finally dissipated. One of my coworkers walked back there after a few hours and asked why it smelled so strongly like fat people.

If you sit where that smelly gently caress sits, you are going to smell like him and so will all your stuff for days.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Complaining that a service costs money. We don't work for free. Pay up or shut up.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They rarely shut up. For Exposure on twitter has their greatest hits.
https://twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/868486246414245890

It was only THREE DOLLARS

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

veni veni veni posted:

What service is this?

Riding a carnival ride.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My mom wanted to name me after her friend who was killed in a car accident, but my dad thought it was too weird (Jasmine) so I ended up with literally the most popular baby name of the year instead (Jennifer). That's how he picked it.

Best part is he pretty much abandoned my sister and I as kids and I fully cut off contact when I was 16 so I was named in a really stupid way by someone I don't even know.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I used to get so annoyed when my mom would tell me to say thank you for something before I even had the chance to open my mouth. I WAS going to, now I just look like an ungrateful poo poo. Thank YOU, mom.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Listening to Her Real Hahahaha Just Walk Up And Close The Door Like Genetic Knockout Close That Door Haha

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Sociopastry posted:

I love video essays

:same:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

As a very outdoorsy person in one of the top outdoor destinations in the world, I feel you. Oh lord, do I ever. I did a 1km loop around a pond in the mountains and took home a grocery bag stuffed with garbage that was just on the trail, I didn't even venture off it.

I will add to that any rear end in a top hat who bags their dog poo poo and leaves it hanging on a tree. I start later in the day than most people and know I'm the last person off the trail, and I see little blue bags with poop in them everywhere. Just leave the loving poo poo on the ground to decompose if you can't be bothered to pack it out!

Or fuckers who blow their nose in a kleenex and toss that on the trail. Yeah paper doesn't take years to break down, but it's still obnoxious to see that left behind. Bring a zip lock bag for your wet garbage if you're bothering to pack in kleenex.

Better yet, if you're too lazy to pack out what you brought in, just please don't even go. Stay home. Trash your own property instead.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

There's a place near me called Johnston Canyon, it's hugely popular as all the coach tours stop there and it's a walkway built through a canyon with a bunch waterfalls. I normally only go in winter when it's deserted because I hate crowds. I went once a couple years ago in summer with a friend who'd never been, and what I saw made me so angry I ended up giving the finger in almost every photo taken of me. There were actual ceramic dishes and metal cutlery dropped into the canyon. Shoes. Dozens upon dozens of water bottles, and not just disposable plastic ones. I get that some things are going to get dropped accidentally, and it stays for a while because you'd have to rappel to clean the trash up, but people definitely drop a poo poo ton of stuff as litter and it's almost impossible to clean it.

I'd happily volunteer to go with a friend every couple months to rappel down to clean up. Makes me wonder if they would let people do that so wardens don't have to, and they could spend more time trying to get idiots not killed by bears on the side of the road.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's a great way to get your head smashed in by falling shoes and cutlery.

That would actually probably happen, honestly. My life is a hot mess.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Different location, but:

Here the rust is mixing with a natural hydrogen sulfide seep. Healthy!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Someone was buying a little pencil case that was marked down 40% off and complained when it had some small chips in the paint. Why the hell do you think it was on sale?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Just eat everything, then you don't have to be so goddamn picky and whiny!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I was so happy when our smoking ban went through, it meant I was able to actually go out with my friends. I've always had problems with asthma and every cold developing into bronchitis so not having to breathe in thick smoke on top of that while wanting a night out with friends was amazing.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I work in a gift shop and we keep a shirt rack outside. I was pulling it through the door after turning the open sign off when a family walked up and squeezed in past the rack. Like, they had to walk sideways. loving assholes. They didn't even buy anything. Just couldn't accept I would dare close when they wanted to gently caress around and make a mess.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

When I worked in a jewelry store in a mall, staying open late on Christmas Eve or the night before Valentines Day was actually a great idea. Because people are desperate and they'll spend more money if you're the only place open. We got bonuses too so I was happy to stay for an hour after closing, some years my bonus cheque was bigger than my paycheque and that was with overtime.

If they're not making it worth my while then gently caress them. Should have shopped in advance like normal people, you lazy rear end in a top hat. Have fun getting a nice gift at 7/11.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

I work at a place that sells parts for grills among other things. I've received so many angry calls about people who ordered parts on Sunday and expected them to be there before July 4th somehow, even though there's no mail delivery on Sunday or the 4th. I have been told I RUINED the 4th of July for them, as if it wasn't their poor planning.

Poor planning is the story of my life. I work at one of the top tourist destinations in my city, in the gift shops. People complain so much about kids hats costing $16 or umbrellas costing $12. "Don't you have any on sale?" Just the damaged items. Oh, they don't want damaged ones. Why don't we have cheaper ones, they just forgot there's at home/in the hotel! I've ruined their day now!

I had a guy beg for free batteries for his camera after the ones in it died. He whined that we took such advantage of unprepared people. When people say that kind of poo poo I'm not scared to respond that we're a registered non-profit charity that funds conservation projects all over the world and every little bit helps us in our operations. So give me your goddamn $6 and stop bitching.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Assholes letting their stupid vape cloud blow directly into my face while we are both waiting for the same bus. I was sitting beside him on a bench at a bus stop. The breeze was obvious, and he just pulls out his robot dick and does this. I said I wanted to switch spots with him and then he apologized, but have some loving courtesy and awareness of your surroundings if you're going to do that. Go stand by yourself somewhere, no one wants to be be on the receiving end of that. I couldn't even see through the stupid cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Today the first thing my boss said to me was "Isn't there something better you could be doing?" when I started on a job that no one has done for the past week.

Well hell-the-gently caress-o to you too.

• Locked thread