Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People who interrupt you when speaking during a conversation. Especially if its to try to finish your anecdote or story for you incorrectly. If you would shut up for a second and just let me finish, then you would realize that wasn't what I was going to/trying to say at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lately, just trying to get a straight answer out of people has really been trying my patience. For example. I was having tea and I asked my mom if we had any regular white sugar left. Well, we have some brown sugar, and powdered, and artificial, and well maybe blah blah.... just say we don't! It's really ok!. A yes or no question doesn't have to become a story about the reason why whatever came to be, just please get to the point. I don't need alternatives if haven't asked for them, please.

Also, as I've mentioned before, being talked over or interrupted in a conversation. If you would just hold on for a second, you would find out why Jane went to jail and what happened with the kids or whatever. Its usually a side track over something inane too, completely unimportant about the core of the story. Then someone else might chime in and everything gets derailed until that comes to an end and you have to reign in back in with an "as I was saying..."

Or people just plain not listening at all. They look right at you and nod and laugh or agree, and then someone else re-mentions it down the line and they light up like they never heard it before and start yapping like crazy. Or you make a reference to something when they say they are a fan and they seem like they recognize what you mean or are saying, and then it comes it and they are like "Oooh!" like its brand new to them.

Basically poor conversational etiquette really skeeves me.

cinni has a new favorite as of 07:15 on May 16, 2017

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Being a girl in a chat room and getting only pms for cybering. Sometimes its straight up and obvious with the "hey *random compliment* do you have skype?" and stuff, but sometimes they try to pull "Oh no, I would never even think of asking for that! Let's just talk. About what hypothetical sex with me would be like. In detail." Luckily they are easy to kick from rooms.

I do have to give props to one guy, he opened with "I hope you have a 24 hour vet nearby because I am about to destroy that pussy". How could you not give it up with an ice breaker like that?

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Chat rooms are still a thing? :confused:

Yep, now with cams and youtube video functions and ability to play games like cards of humanity knock offs with people. Chat rooms have come to the future, its pretty neat when you have cool interesting people from around the world. Also when people get super wasted on camera, thats fun too.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People who, instead of coming to a complete stop behind a car at a red light, slow down early so they can keep dawdling forward very very slowly, creeping and creeping until they are finally blocked by the object in front of them. Just stop and wait like a normal person, you aren't going to be able to take off more quickly anyway because the stopped car in front has to begin movement and such.

Also when drivers have a ghost car in front of them. They stop a full car's length behind the other car for reasons?? I guess if you want to change lanes and move in case, but it drives me nuts. Especially when doing so causes people behind them to get backed up and cluttered because if they person just moved up to a regular distance, the others would be able to do whatever they need to get by. Just scootch up please, or work on your depth perception.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When someone is trying to describe some inane thing or concept you already know during the midst of a conversation and you have to either sit through the unneeded explanation or try to increasingly nod your head to try to quietly hurry them along. I don't want to have to verbally push them with "yeah yeah I know" or else it might derail the story further, but sometimes the head nodding can get to violent levels while trying to get across that yes those peppermint candies that had the red and blue and green and they were around christmas time and people put them in candy dishes and they were sticky and yes I know perfectly what you are talking about and don't need further description. Sorry ma, love ya.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When you are nice person and people use that to become very clingy in record time. Its almost as if you are the first and only nice person they ever met so they grab onto you and want your every moment. Its even worse when you are a girl and you are nice to a guy just because and that suddenly means we are boyfriend and girlfriend and lets talk about mundane poo poo in between heart emojis and pointed compliments. Look, I am sure you are also a nice person but peel it off a little please. I'm suffocating. But still, too nice to say gently caress off....

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the same vein, people that won't let their kids have any autonomy at all. The ones who pick and plan their kids day regardless of how it might effect them with so much on their plate at a young age. Dads who force their kids into sports and moms who force girls into dance and such even when the kid is obviously not interested, doesn't care, or wants to quit. Even the nerd parents get into it and force their kids through all the Star Wars and Marvel movies because its necessary education in their household. Just let them be themselves and not a mini you no matter how much you try to.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Now when you shoot heroin, you need to really tie off that arm good like this...."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Repetitive concussions can be pretty bad so take what you will (and it was more a joke about teaching what you know to kids)

• Locked thread