Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

veni veni veni posted:

How anyone could not like cheese is beyond me. It might be the best thing humans have ever created.

You misspelled "Chocolate and booze".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

veni veni veni posted:

Lol yeah I went out to Tampa in February and it was perfect and everyone I know who is from there was like "wait until summer it's awful". I just loved all the water and crazy animals everywhere. My brother was out there in July and the AC broke and he said he thought he was going to die.

It's proof Hell is really green and humid.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't have a kid, but my sister has a 7 month old and as a family it's fun to bring her places and see her reactions to things if we're out together. Disney world would be utterly exhausting for a baby but I understand the sentiment behind it. My parents brought me to Disney world when I was 1 and the pictures from that are the only ones I have of me and my great grandparents who died before I could remember them

We have a booth at many festivals and renfaires and such. I understand wanting to bring the babby, maybe for pictures like you said, or just to get out of the house for a bit and get the kid some air. But jfc, if you're going to take a little babby, make sure it has a hat or some kind of shade. It drives me crazy to see moms chatting while the little guy helplessly roasts away.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Mouse Dresser posted:

:getin:

Please post an update after you fire him.

My pet peeve right now is so minor and stupid. I have a puppy and I am trying to train him not to jump up on people. When I'm out walking him, strangers will firstly just approach him and start petting him without asking and then when he jumps up they're all "Oh awwww what a good boy!" That's reinforcing him jumping up on people! Agh!

You want fun? Try training a Service Dog.

Right now I have a young Standard Poodle, Liberty Belle, in training. At home she's fine. If she's in our booth, fine. Out in public? Whirling dervish of PLAY. So we've taken to using a Halti or Gentle Leader on her. It helps her focus on her job and not on all those potential friends. Most people assume it's a muzzle, and leave us alone.

Corrode posted:

The answer to this question is always 'humans are loving disgusting.'

The late, great Miss Mia, my Service Dog for 13 years, once refused to go into a bathroom with me at a Ren faire. You could tell she was thinking, "Human beings are disgusting!'

I've yet to see any evidence she was wrong.

• Locked thread