Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

enigmahfc posted:

I cannot loving stand when people feel the need to back into a parking spot as opposed to pulling in like a normal goddamn human. I have heard people say its to make it easier/safer to leave the spot, but I don't see how that's the case when backing into a tight space between 2 vehicles (as opposed to backing out into a goddamn wide-open lane) is in no way safer. It doesn't help that every mother fucker who backs into a parking space has the biggest gently caress off pick up truck or SUV and takes forever to actually back in.

Just pull in , then actually look when you back out!

It's safer because when you're backing out you can run over people/hit other cars that are driving by. When you're pulling in the parking spot, you can only hit those other stationary vehicles next to you. And that's only if you don't know how to park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

enigmahfc posted:

I avoid hitting people and other cars while backing out of a parking spot by looking behind me, usually with the aid of mirrors included (free of charge) with my car. Also by sometimes turning my head. I also do not back out at the speed of light, which results in being able to use reaction times and caution.

That's just me though.

If you're parked between two trucks or whatever, you'd have to back out like half of your car before you can see what's happening next to you on the road. You can turn your head all yo want, unless you have x-ray vision, you can't see a thing.
If you parked in backwards, you can clearly see what's happening when you pull out.
But keep being enraged at people who know how to drive a car better than you I guess.

• Locked thread