Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

When someone asks if you're busy, you say yes, and they pause, get this quisical look in their eye, and then start into their story anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

When a customer walks up and talks at me when I'm in the middle of helping another customer. gently caress right off, I'm helping someone else, and you're being doubly rude by ignoring my current customer. Oh excuse me, patient, because this is medical so you're ALSO violating their privacy. Had an absolute bitch try to do this the other day where she cut in front of five others because it was "just a quick question" then tried to complain to the management. Jokes on her, my current patient was a home care nurse who read her the riot act. I can't wrap my head around entitled jerks. One of these days she's going to pull that stunt and someone in line on their last nerve will do a lot more than yell.

vvv See? This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Reply "I'm sorry did the middle of my sentence interrupt​ the beginning of yours?"

gently caress those people though.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Mezzanine posted:

Yes, I am in the left (fast) lane. I am driving a relatively safe speed of 5 mph over the speed limit, as is common. You do not need to go faster than that. You are so close you're practically in my trunk you impatient gently caress.

Are you actively passing someone? Continue on and gently caress tailgaters.

Are you camped out in the fast lane and not passing? Or staying there to pass the next car in the middle lane a hundred or more yards away? I hate you with all that I have.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Mezzanine posted:

No, I don't camp out in the fast lane. I made a point of saying that I go at least a little above the speed limit because the impatient fucks will always show up whenever someone in the right lane decides to match speeds with me. Now I've got the impatient gently caress on my rear end, and my options are 1) Go way over the speed limit in order to completely pass, then let the impatient gently caress through, or 2) Slow down and get behind the right lane. Both of these will likely cause an accident, because some impatient gently caress just HAS to go faster.

See part one of my post.

It doesn't matter how fast you're passing theres always some dickhead who doesn't think it's fast enough. Drive as fast as you feel comfortable.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

ZDar Fan posted:

I hear that. In the same vein, one of the worst things is when someone is explaining something, and I try to make it clear that I understand it, and they just keep explaining it.

Seconded.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Catberry posted:

This reminds me of the mid to late parts of my painting apprenticeship.

When you're at the point where you can leave a good result but because you're still an apprentice, people want to impart their own way of doing things.

Normally you adopt your masters style or a similar style. Then a different journeyman will show up and correct the style you're using with their style. So you can spend day after day being constantly corrected by different people. While at the same time the results of the work is good.

It really gnaws at the confidence. Usually the only way to get away from it is to start at a new company after finishing your journeyman test.

Man that nails it on the head. I got a job at a machine shop four years ago and the number of people who try and tell me the only correct way to do this all the god damned time gets a little old. I'm diplomatic about it and always listen to what they have to say because there are a lot of very experienced machinists there with a wealth of knowledge but Jesus wept I think I can put a hole on location at this point.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

What's your name?
Greg
Craig?
No, Greg, with a g
Craigg?
:negative:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't know what this is called. Youtube Face? gently caress all these guys.

Noimpewdiepie.jpg

Anytime I want to see a little youtube footage of a game before I buy it I have to scroll through pages of that face, screaming nerds, and hour long monologues on why gun a is better than gun b from 17.5m to 18.2m.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

People who are super :smuggo: especially to the point where they have that smug look on their face and there's absolutely no way to convince them to even listen. It's INFURIATING. Currently I'm specifically thinking about driving, and assholes who think they're better than you because of how they drive. This anger started when I saw a minivan with a bumper sticker that said, "the closer you get the slower I go." gently caress you guy. And you'll see it here sometimes too, a goon who brags about being in the passing lane going 55 because "people shouldn't be going over the speed limit."

Sometimes I want to ram into people or run them over GTA-style. I live in the city where 99.9% of people are assholes who drive super fast, break the laws, and cut everyone off--the proper way to drive-- so it's infuriating when there's some suburban loser going the speed limit and obeying laws. Learn to drive in the city, rear end in a top hat!

Oh and then there's morons who try not to get their precious car scratched so they take up 2-3 parking spots on the street. You chose to live here, you should know your car is going to get damaged, so why the gently caress did you buy a super fancy new car? If you don't want your car to be scratched, move to the suburbs or take the bus.

Finally, people who drive instead of taking public transit; specifically, when public transit would be as fast or even faster than driving. It fucks over people that actually do have to drive. And they are also paying $60/day for parking, gently caress them also for being rich.

I am angry today.

I'll never park in the passing lane because gently caress those people but I swear to god if you crawl up my rear end because I'm not speeding enough I'll go 20 under just to spite you.

Then you finish with take the bus after that rant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Just get out of the way of the speed psychos, why would you try to make a dumb situation worse by escalating it? That's like walking up to a crazy ranting street person in the street and slapping them

Multiple lanes and it never comes up. 2 lane road, double yellow, I'm already going 60 in a 55? gently caress them.

The best is to smile big as you can and wave happily when they pass you. Fucks em up every time.

• Locked thread