Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Yes, I am in the left (fast) lane. I am driving a relatively safe speed of 5 mph over the speed limit, as is common. You do not need to go faster than that. You are so close you're practically in my trunk you impatient gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

honda whisperer posted:

Are you actively passing someone? Continue on and gently caress tailgaters.

Are you camped out in the fast lane and not passing? Or staying there to pass the next car in the middle lane a hundred or more yards away? I hate you with all that I have.

No, I don't camp out in the fast lane. I made a point of saying that I go at least a little above the speed limit because the impatient fucks will always show up whenever someone in the right lane decides to match speeds with me. Now I've got the impatient gently caress on my rear end, and my options are 1) Go way over the speed limit in order to completely pass, then let the impatient gently caress through, or 2) Slow down and get behind the right lane. Both of these will likely cause an accident, because some impatient gently caress just HAS to go faster.

girl pants posted:

Depending on where you live it may actually be illegal for you to do this if you're not actively passing somebody :)

If you mean illegal to be IN the fast lane unless passing, rather than being a general "avoid using the fast lane unless passing", I was not aware of that. I try to be as accommodating as possible, but still.

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 01:42 on Apr 18, 2017

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't mean to be rude but if you refuse to go at least 10 miles over the speedlimit on the highway you are an old lady who shouldn't be driving on a highway

Highways are no problem. I know I'm a 35 yo male old lady so I stay in the right two lanes then. I was talking more about, y'know, curvy local two-lane roads where the posted limit is 45, I'll stay between 50-55. Sorry to be so vague and/or pedantic. Shoulda just said "I hate tailgaters".

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Trolls who still use the tired trope of "you are bad for liking <popular thing>".

• Locked thread