Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Yoshi Jjang posted:

When eating with a fork and knife, right-handed people will have the knife in right hand and the morsel they cut already pierced by the fork in the left hand, then proceed to put down the knife and put the fork in the right hand so they can eat the morsel. Repeat every single step for every morsel they cut.

The hell? You already had the food in your fork, just put it in your drat mouth! There's no need to take this extra step to pass the fork from your left to your right hand. Is coordinating food and fork into your stupid mouth by your non-dominant hand so difficult for you?

I'm right handed and I just keep my fork in my right hand and knife in my left, apparently this is odd for a right handed person. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Sociopastry posted:

On this note, that one guy in the group that has to be the best at everything- and I do mean everything- and he gets mad because his class can't do the job other classes can. You're not gonna be able to magic us out of this loving magic puzzle, Jimmy, you're a loving fighter. Quit trying to out-rogue the rogue, Jimmy, you wear full plate and can't pick locks.

Ugh I have in my group a guy who is a mix of over excited person who wants to talk non stop and do everything and at the same time thinks his character is capable of doing everything, more than once it's ended poorly.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

What is it with sports people being so sensitive when they discover people don't like sports or have some minor criticism of it, like dam I don't care for sports but I get to hear it take over the news radio 15 mins every hour, it takes up time on the news on the tv and millions in public money goes to it but I just shrug and move on, somebody has a minor rant online about being sick of hearing about sports and it's a flurry of people complaining about hearing their sport called handegg.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It has nothing to do with people not liking sports and everything to do with people being insufferable dorks about it. It's the hurf durf sportsball bullshit, the "don't say 'we' if you're not actually on the team" nerdsplaining, the "why would you want to watch someone else play a game" disingenuous garbage. Because it's entertaining to watch people do something that they're good at!

Disclaimer: I'm not a butthurt sports fan, I'm actually a giant nerd who plays Overwatch but the whole nerd circlejerk thing of making a huge show of how much you don't care about sports is obnoxious and fits into this thread. I don't give a poo poo if you don't enjoy the same hobbies as someone else, just don't be a loving jackass about it.

Yea I agree with you on that, the mitchell and webb skit is pretty funny but if you get upset over that in real life it's taking things slightly too far.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Tiggum posted:

I don't know if there's some degree of genderedness you're referring to, but "oval office" is a gendered insult in all English-speaking countries. And it's not a friendly greeting in Australia.

Uh yea it's a friendly greeting to people you know well and it can be used as a compliment too eg: "dazza is one tough oval office, cunts built like a brick shithouse".

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

When boomers act like the most boring poo poo is some crazy trend sweeping the nation. "Cold brew Coffee?! All these kids and their cold brew coffee these days I don't even know what it's supposed to be?! What makes this stuff so great?"

I bought it because I forgot to make coffee and it had a dollar off coupon on it. It's coffee made like iced tea. get off my rear end.

Is iced coffee really not a thing in America? Everyone here in Australia loves iced coffee both the type made in a cafe and the stuff from the bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

It's different to iced coffee in that it's never hot to begin with.

Huh I looked it up and I thought he was just using an Americanism I'd never heard.

• Locked thread