Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I've heard that Scrubs is actually the most realistic medical show in terms of the interpersonal poo poo.

They also had a medical consultant who actually made sure that the medical jargon they used was accurate.

You would think all medical shows would have this person, but apparently not based on poo poo I've heard in House, Grey's Anatomy, and ER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Samovar posted:

On that note, people who go around thinking bacon is so great. It... really, really isn't. I mean, it works well as a part of something, like a good sugo. But on its own, like in a sandwich or part of breakfast it is at best milquetoast. Stringy, tough and worst of all, way too salty (although that's why it is good in sugos, helps the stock).

Springing off this, I wish people would stop acting like eating bacon = instant heart attack.

Bacon is like 80 calories for 2 strips. Even if you go all :goonsay: and eat like 6 strips with breakfast, that's only 240 calories. Stop acting like bacon is a death food, it's fine, it's just normal meat.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm a piece of poo poo so I just eat it off the floor like an animal.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Homestar Runner posted:

...yeah, but that's a bit generous because you're not counting the calories of what it's cooked in, or served with, and on top of that what calories there are in bacon are largely derived from fat. It's also really high in sodium.

I mean you can eat it but tbh if your goal is six-pack abs it's not exactly a great start imo

Sure, but it is not the uniquely unhealthy food that people treat it like.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Now it feels kind of insane that it was ever allowed.

I feel like once we finally make cigarettes illegal we'll probably be saying this too.

Also I want to echo the comments about smokers and their butts. Holy poo poo you littering fucks, do not just throw them anywhere, it's loving rude.

WampaLord has a new favorite as of 02:05 on Apr 26, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Catberry posted:

People who honk period. The instances where you need the horn on a car is so rare that it should be one of those "Break glass in case of" things. That after you use the horn. It remains stuck and you need a service to reset it.

My one exception is when they just sit there when the light turns green. Usually staring at their phones. Those people get honks.

I wait a long time, too. At least 5 seconds.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

That said I might eventually move to Florida lol.

As one of those Florida born people, let me please dissuade you from this choice.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

it's kind of funny that we think we have any sort of claim to a state by being born there. Don't get me wrong I get it. Between weed and tech start ups Denver has been turned upside down and I kind hate these motherfuckers for making it so I can't afford an apartment in the city I was born in anymore without taking on a roommate (which I had no problem doing for the past 15 years). At the same time it's all just the US. Being able to move wherever you want is kind of the point I guess?

No, no, no, you misunderstand.

This isn't a "don't move here, it's too nice and I hate more people coming here" thing.

This is a friendly warning. Don't move here, it's poo poo, the people are poo poo, the weather is poo poo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Isn't that what it tastes like to everyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWIVEuK5ATw

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dennis Leary has a great bit about smoking, where he just really owns into it, describing how he knows it's killing him and he doesn't care because the act of smoking is just so pleasurable to him. I can respect that in a weird way, one hedonist to another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHIT2or-F9o

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Please understand that merely posting a clip of a comedian doesn't meant I agree with literally everything he has ever said or that I'm claiming he's the best of all time. It's one good bit that was relevant to the topic at hand.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It has nothing to do with people not liking sports and everything to do with people being insufferable dorks about it. It's the hurf durf sportsball bullshit, the "don't say 'we' if you're not actually on the team" nerdsplaining, the "why would you want to watch someone else play a game" disingenuous garbage. Because it's entertaining to watch people do something that they're good at!

Disclaimer: I'm not a butthurt sports fan, I'm actually a giant nerd who plays Overwatch but the whole nerd circlejerk thing of making a huge show of how much you don't care about sports is obnoxious and fits into this thread. I don't give a poo poo if you don't enjoy the same hobbies as someone else, just don't be a loving jackass about it.

Basically this:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

When Tiggum agrees with you, you should reconsider your stance.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Snoo posted:

why are you running your bath on and off after midnight

why did you wake me up at 6am running your bath on and off that early

why

I'm starting to think your problem is having very good hearing and not having loud neighbors. Someone running their bath shouldn't be waking you.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

Youtube is recommending to me a video called "Fallout 3 Is Garbage And Here's Why." It has over 1.5 million views. It's an hour and a half long. Who the gently caress watches 90 minutes of someone bleating about a game they don't like? And how does it even take that long to point out what you don't like about the game?

It's me, I'm the one watching long form video essays on YouTube. I love them. My favorite dude is named Joseph Anderson, who has crazy long videos.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm enjoying Lindsey's take on the Transformers franchise - an 8-ish part video essay called The Whole Plate as a reference to a particularly stupid line in one of the movies. The third part is interesting "Why is it so hard to remember what happened in these movies?" She posits that it's because Bay gives every aspect of every frame the maximum amount of attention it could get, so the brain gets overloaded and cannot decide what's important information so discards the entire thing.

Might as well link it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE-6M7IbNSI

It's really good. Her Rent video is great too, hell, just watch all of her non-Nostalgia Chick content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Das Boo posted:

It bothers me greatly that people take actions that detriment themselves for the sole purpose of bothering other people.

If it makes you feel better, they're making themselves deaf. They'll have tinnitus and other hearing issues for decades.

• Locked thread