Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Grown adults eating with their mouths open and people cracking their knuckles, I suppose. Maybe that's only because I was sat next to a guy at work who did both for about six months, though.

Speaking of eating habits, people who drag their teeth along forks and spoons when taking a bite. That always gives me a shudder down my spine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. So deliberate and obnoxious. I only see it on mobile sites since I have everything on my laptop blocked but Metacritic is the worst one. they have the tiny little x in the corner of the ads and if you try to get rid of it it just clicks the ad. It's very scummy.

Yeah, it's particularly annoying when you visit a site and they're filled with banners (or even overlays) along the lines of "please disable your adblocker, we need the income to keep the site running!". Then you actually do that and are immediately bombarded by half a dozen popups and random bullshit that's at best aggressively annoying (like those that load a full-page ad into your current tab and displace the original page into a secondary tab) and at worst straight-up dangerous (crashing your browser, being a potential risk of virus infection) and you quickly remember why having an ad-blocker is pretty much mandatory these days.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

What service is this?

Drawing stuff, usually. Many people seem to believe that artists should just be delighted to hand out their work for free. After all, if they already have fun drawing things in the first place, isn't that kind of its own reward?

• Locked thread