Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

People who are an "expert" on something you're doing because "My father was an [OCCUPATION] for thirty years. I think I know what I'm talking about :smug:" They always say it as smugly as possible, too, to give you the idea that you won't give them the runaround on what you're doing. THEY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, AND YOU'RE APPARENTLY DOING IT WRONG.

Dude, A.) who the gently caress are you? B.) why are you talking to me when I didn't even instigate a conversation? C.) what the gently caress do you care?

I tell most of them "My father was an aircraft mechanic for 40 years and a cook in the Air Guard for 20 years, but you don't see me cooking a pot roast on an A-10 engine in front of you, now, do you?" Usually shuts them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Also, I never hear a "My mother was an [OCCUPATION] for thirty years" excuse. C'mon, change it up once in a while. I want hear what your mother did and how she instilled that knowledge into you sometimes :smith:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

kreyla posted:

What is your avatar from? It hypnotizes me.

It's from a commercial for the Datsun 280ZX BLACK GOOOOOLD from 1980:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HPNxsGUakQ

So lavishly appointed there are no options.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

People at a store checkout who have a basket full of items and put one thing at a time on the conveyor as slowly as possible. The same people always have everything spread out on the conveyor instead of efficiently packing it all together so there's these big gaps of space and you're sitting there waiting and you could start putting you poo poo on the conveyor if only their poo poo was packed more closely but you've got to sit there and watch them put on the conveyor a bottle of shampoo *gap* and a loaf of bread *gap* and a container of milk *gap* and a stick of butter *gap* and a can of beans *gap* and another can of beans *gap* and another can of beans *gap* and a head of cabbage *gap* and one white onion *gap* and some furniture polish *gap* and a box of cereal *gap* and a bag of chips *gap* and AAAAAAARRRRRGH.

You Are A Werewolf has a new favorite as of 06:57 on Jul 6, 2017

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Mouse Dresser posted:

Along that line, people that write/say "whilst." Yeah, I know it's technically correct at times, but gently caress if it's ever used outside of making some neckbeard sound smart when he's m'ladying some woman on OkCupid.

There was a goon here called "Whilst Farting I" that was really quite clever when you quoted him. Don't know if he's still around, but that's a good use of "whilst."

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Sometimes I'll be walking down the sidewalk and I see someone ahead of me that's stopped, doing something or other, and they don't move until moving would put them directly in my way. What the gently caress is up with that?

Walking down a narrow sidewalk or what have you with a couple holding hands coming in the opposite direction. Would it loving kill you guys to let go of each other's hands for a couple of seconds so I can pass by smoothly so we're both not doing the awkward "who's going first?" dance? He's not going to cheat on you the moment your hands cease to touch, and ditto with leaving you for another man the instant skin contact ends, so just let go of each other's hands for a couple of seconds and let me pass!

Unless of course, they can't let go since it's a freak super glue accident and they're walking to someplace that can rectify the situation, in which case I'm terribly sorry, and carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

See also: person who walks through a door and immediately comes to a halt on the other side to dig through their purse/pockets, check their phone, ponder existentialism, add something to their shopping list, scratch their balls, blow their nose, remove noticeable fuzz off their clothing, read store flyers, etc.

There are people behind you. Get the gently caress out of the way!

• Locked thread