Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Mezzanine posted:

No, I don't camp out in the fast lane. I made a point of saying that I go at least a little above the speed limit because the impatient fucks will always show up whenever someone in the right lane decides to match speeds with me. Now I've got the impatient gently caress on my rear end, and my options are 1) Go way over the speed limit in order to completely pass, then let the impatient gently caress through, or 2) Slow down and get behind the right lane. Both of these will likely cause an accident, because some impatient gently caress just HAS to go faster.

If you mean illegal to be IN the fast lane unless passing, rather than being a general "avoid using the fast lane unless passing", I was not aware of that. I try to be as accommodating as possible, but still.

2 is more likely to cause an accident than 1 - so speed up, pass and get the gently caress out of the way. You are NOT a cop and it is not your job to regulate the speed of other drivers in any lane under any circumstances. And yes - most states have a law about "impeding the natural flow of traffic". It doesn't matter if the speed limit is 45 - if EVERYONE but you is moving 60, YOU are in the wrong. If you don't have the hammer down, get out of the hammer lane. If you are driving the same speed as someone in the lane next to you - one of you is wrong. probably the guy in the right lane, but after hearing you talk about slowpoking it in the left lane - it's probably you. Speed up, pass and move.

Pastry of the Year posted:

throw a few Big Macs into a high-powered blender, then transfer the resultant slurry into an essential oil diffuser for a smell that'll stick to your ribs, walla

This. The word you are looking for is voila. See also: "per say" and "for all intensive purposes".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread