Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Glazier posted:

Pre-Trump I might agree but now that's the right stance to take. Either you are a decent human being or you don't need my money.

People can change, though. But only to the worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

People who have strong and wrong opinions about food. For example:

Baronjutter posted:

I've never had a problem with horse poo poo. It doesn't really stink and within a few hours it's just some grassy mud.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I'd happily volunteer to go with a friend every couple months to rappel down to clean up.

That's a great way to get your head smashed in by falling shoes and cutlery.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elizabethan Error posted:

"woah, parks actually close at night??" - Jerry Cotton, 2017

Well during the night it's probably more engine blocks and entire truckfuls of industrial waste than shoes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

We once found an engine block dumped way up a muddy* ski slope in the forest. If there's any kind of nature anywhere, someone is going to dump waste there even if it takes more effort than dumping it somewhere legal.

*) On account of it being Summer

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Driving over the speed limit is literally as bad as driving drunk.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

you're legally allowed to exceed the speed limit to do so

Not in any country I know of.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

In my state (PA) it's literally against the law to refuse to move out of the way of faster traffic if you're in the left lane

That is not the same thing at all. Speeding on the left lane is exactly 100% as illegal as speeding anywhere else, in PA or any other state.

e: It's the loving law it's not exactly hard to look up these things.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why are you such a loving pussy

Why are you so unreasonably angry?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Snoo posted:

it's cool to speed if everyone else is doing it

*dies in preventable car accident*

quote:

An increase in average speed is directly related both to the likelihood of a crash occurring and to the severity of the consequences of the crash. For example, an increase of 1 km/h in mean vehicle speed results in an increase of 3% in the incidence of crashes resulting in injury and an increase of 4–5% in the incidence of fatal crashes.

An adult pedestrian’s risk of dying is less than 20% if struck by a car at 50 km/h and almost 60% if hit at 80 km/h.

(http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs358/en/]

As a pussy I like living.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rolo posted:

When people don't even wait for the elevator doors to open fully to try and pile in it while my rear end still needs to get off the drat thing. Some old gently caress in Florida almost shoulder checks me, backs up, and waves me on with a "your majesty" look on his face.

gently caress off Jeff, you're in the lobby, someone is going to be getting off once the god damned thing gets there I'm about to whup your rear end.

You should've pushed him out with you and held him in a bear hug outside the elevator long enough that it departs. And then some. But no grinding!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If I make it to 50 I think I'll get a week off and some flowers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

People linking to a long YouTube video as an answer to a question, without a timecode.

Oh man I've done that sometimes because the Internet is hard nowadays :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

People who are an "expert" on something you're doing because "My father was an [OCCUPATION] for thirty years. I think I know what I'm talking about :smug:"

My father was CYPRUS for thirty years.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

People who say vague or ominous poo poo without any frame of reference and refuse to give any context. Like "call me". Just give me an idea of what it's about, so I know if you want to make plans to see a movie, or someone loving died, because if you are texting me something like that you already know I can't call you right away you idiot. Why would you try and stress me out in the meantime?

People like to send "could you come over for a minute?" messages at work on Skype or whatever it's called nowadays and I just completely disregard them because if they can't be arsed to write what it's about, I can't be arsed to go there or even respond.

So far it's never been anything worth my time* anyway.

*) Or my employer's time since I don't actually get paid to walk about the offices.

Elfgames posted:

Even worse my oldest sister loves to text "sos" for everything big or small

"HELP SOS PRONTER NOT WOK"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Loud breathing. Don't breathe so loving loud. If one of your nostrils is clogged and the other is making an intense whistling sound then breathe (quietly) through your mouth or something. Can you not hear how loud you are?

Sory :negative:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Greek yoghurt around here is plain yoghurt :confused:

e: Oh it's a dumb American thing again "Strained yogurt is sometimes marketed in North America as "Greek yogurt"" Actually I guess it is a bit thicker than the non-greek plain stuff. The really thick poo poo is sold as Turkish. I have no idea why the Bulgarian stuff is called Bulgarian.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Jul 19, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've never really realized how many types of plain yoghurt there are available to me. Thanks, SA.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Yeah, but I bet you don't have Go-Gurt :smug:

quote:

It is squeezed out of a tube directly into the mouth, instead of being eaten with a spoon.

Yeah if you eat yoghurt in any way other than a spoon I won't even consider you human.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

What about on a slice of bread with some jam?

Who eats a slice of bread with some jam with a spoon?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

I guess this is a corollary, but I saw a family where they were charging their ipad, but instead of sitting where the charging station was, they were all sitting like 6 seats over. So this ipad is just sitting their charging and taking up a seat. It was busy and there were barely any empty seats, and here's an ipad on a seat all by itself.

Move the Ipad on the floor?

e: Alternatively, sit on the Ipad.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Actually, alert security about a suspicious device left on its own - it has wires coming out of it!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Yeah, I hear that all the time.

We even had someone writing an article for a national newspaper bitching about how her economy flight sucked, and it should be the onus of airlines to improve the cheapest seat to her standards. Their sense of entitlement is overwhelming.

I mentally read it in the she-bogan combination of whine and shriek that I am unfortunately so familiar with.

It's spelled Sheboygan.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Hikers who pick up their dog's poo poo, put it in a plastic baggie, and tie it to a tree branch and leave it there. gently caress you.

I saw it more a few years ago but I guess I went to parks more I don't know :shrug: What's the reasoning anyway? Is it like a bauble?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I think the idea is that they won't have to carry around poo poo in a bag the rest of the hike and they can pick it up to dispose of on the way back. Realistically, the amount of people who follow through on it...

Yeah but I saw it in parks in the middle of the city. With rubbish bins all around.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I always assumed they think they are doing whoever does the groundskeeping in the park a favor by making it easier for them to see it/pick it up. Some people think that just because a person is paid to clean something, it means you aren't expected to make any effort yourself. You see the same attitude in public bathrooms too, or in offices where people think "don't worry about it, the janitor will get that".

I mean, technically it is their job, but you're still an rear end in a top hat if you go out of your way to make it more difficult/gross for them. Unfortunately I think a lot of people are raised without ever learning to clean up after themselves and will never learn unless all the people picking up after them disappear suddenly.

Too bad the groundskeeper is literally only responsible for things on the ground so it's dogshit christmas all year round!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Smart people make their dogs carry their own poo poo and poo poo-bags by putting those little cargo harnesses on them.

Just let the dog eat the dog poo poo that's what they do anyway.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This already sounds like the beginning of a standard stdh.txt so you might as well marry them right now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*in perfect managerese* you're fired!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coffee is poo poo anyway.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

my conjoined twin rear end in a top hat

Mods TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

People who step off an escalator and then stand there blocking it are worse because you don't get the option to stand there and wait or ask them to move, the escalator is shoving you into them and there's probably a line of people behind you getting shoved into you so you can't even back up

:rip: old lady who decided to do that at Wiklund when I was coming up behind them :( When an unstoppable force meets an elderly Swedish-speaking object.

• Locked thread