Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Rolo posted:

Bitch I don't like bacon, get off me.

On that note, people who go around thinking bacon is so great. It... really, really isn't. I mean, it works well as a part of something, like a good sugo. But on its own, like in a sandwich or part of breakfast it is at best milquetoast. Stringy, tough and worst of all, way too salty (although that's why it is good in sugos, helps the stock).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have literally heard people defend intentionally chewing open-mouthed because of this bonkers magical thinking by which, and I'm paraphrasing, "air mixing with the food as you chew it enhances its flavor." That's absolutely not how that works, but you have to appreciate the sort of logic a mildly inventive and utterly selfish 5-year-old child might employ to avoid having to change their behavior for the sake of courtesy.

I know breathing in a bit of air when drinking red wine makes it more... Vapour-y and can make it more pleasant to consume, but I'd not do that with my mouth open.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Poor My Lovely Horse, thought of references and shitposted.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Good lord it's almost as if the meaning of words is dependent on context. Whodathunk?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Caufman posted:

I hate it when someone does something better than I do it. Especially if it's something I'm really insecure about!!

On an unrelated note, how is your mother?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Intoluene posted:

I'm a smoker and everything in that woman's list of problems is just dumb. Also, finding cigarettes with plain packaging isn't loving difficult.

Christ, it is irritating reading that. I smoke the occasional cigar, but even I think the ban is a loving godsend. Not having to go home reeking of stale smoke makes up for any minor inconvenience a thousand-fold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Also Irish people, and people from southwest England, parts of the West Country, parts of west Lancashire, or Newfoundland.

And Scotland.

• Locked thread