Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Because if your monitor is off you would typically be able to see your reflection, so whatever thing you were insulting is now yourself.

It always reminds me of the final panel in this Whomp! comic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inzombiac posted:

I know more than one person that thinks it's totally okay to fart in any situation.
"It's just a bodily function" they say.
"I don't want to inhale your poop gas, idiot"

Burp in their face. Flick your boogers at them. Piss in their coffee. "It's just a bodily function!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I've heard several stories about dumb idiots developing scurvy because of their awful dietary habits and it's always some dude at college. :haw:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Other things Something Awful forums poster Sunswipe hates:

warm sunshine
a kitten's purr
smiling
human emotion
the joyous laughter of children

Doesn't most of SA?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's an inside joke nigga

As opposed to a field joke nigga???

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Or a professional street nigga

God drat it, I knew I should have bought the updated edition of the Monster Manual

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I think jaywalking is fine but if you have to run to get across safely or if traffic has to slow down to let you cross then you're doing it wrong.

veni veni veni posted:

This is less of a little thing and more of a child services thing, but people who jaywalk on busy roads with like 45 mph speed limits with a small child and they are pulling them by the arm so the kid runs faster, holy poo poo I wish I could say I have only seen this happen a few times.

I've seen people jaywalking through traffic while they were pushing babies in strollers.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Anyone who inserts the phrase "Everyone's entitled to an opinion" into a discussion, especially a politician in a televised interview or debate.

It's a truism, it goes without saying. It literally goes without saying, there's genuinely no point in saying those words out loud and it adds absolutely nothing to any discussion. All it does is waste time and deflect discussion away from the opinion which was just expressed which I guess is the actual reason that certain politicians seems to say it so often.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Those SA banner ads that deliberately put an apostrophe in the wrong place, just to catch your attention.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bogan King posted:

If you said Punch Drunk Love maybe you'd have a point but Happy Gilmore is just Sandler stuff that hadn't been run into the ground yet. Which is basically a nostalgia thing.

There was a point in Sandlers career where he realised that his backers would just hand him $80 million to make a movie and his audience would flock to cinemas to watch it regardless of what was on screen so he simply stopped making an effort and basically had working holidays with his buddies where they hosed around making a lovely film for a few weeks and walked away with millions of dollars in their pockets at the end. People do have a lot of nostalgia over his earlier films but there's also a massive amount of difference in the quality between, say, The Wedding Singer and Jack and Jill.

That pretty much came to an end when audiences decided they had enough of his poo poo and Jack and Jill and That's My Boy bombed. He tried to go back to the source with Blended (tiny budget, even got Barrymore back) but that didn't work either. He then tried to redefine himself as a wacky action hero in Pixels but that also didn't take so at that point he struck up a deal with Netflix (where ratings don't matter) and has been making films for them ever since.

Edit: I don't even like Sandler, how the gently caress do I know so much about his career

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 02:08 on May 4, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
OLTTPDTMYUA: People who leave all their poo poo lying around in the hallway or somewhere where everyone else has to step over it or go the long way around, and every time you step over it they apologise. Don't loving keep saying sorry, if you were actually genuinely penitent you would have moved your poo poo the first time you realised it was inconveniencing others. :argh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Cinema food is still super super cheap and is packaged in the cheapest possible wrapping possible in order to minimize overheads. The concessions stand represents a huge chunk of their profit margin, these days their business model is pretty much using the movies as a lure to get hungry people into the venue.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mullitt posted:

I work small retail, and we use Square so we don't print a receipt unless someone requests it.
It absolutely drives me crazy when someone spends like $3.50 in cash and then wants a printed receipt. I can't explain why, maybe just because I know that I'm creating completely unnecessary trash most of the time.

I usually don't get a receipt unless I know I'm going to visit another store that sells similar stuff and is likely to do a bag check.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mu Zeta posted:

Which stores do bag checks? The last time I saw it was in a CompUSA store and those closed down in like 2006.

It still happens here in Australia occasionally

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Never touch another person's office chair even if they aren't there, it's not hard people.

In one of my previous office jobs they didn't have enough desks for everyone and since I was the last guy hired I was designated hotdesker. Every morning I had to find out who had called in sick and use their desk for the day and since my back isn't in great I usually had to adjust their seat and I quite often had to adjust the height of the desk as well. (The desks were adjustable so people had set them to all sorts of different heights.) I'm pretty sure everyone hated my guts because of that but it's not like I had a choice, if I tried sitting in an incorrectly adjusted chair for 8 hours I'd be hosed. This went on for months and months.
It wasn't a small office either, it was a huge building with at least 200 people on that floor alone but for some reason they couldn't organise one more desk and computer for the new guy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

It's understandable that you had to do that, but you could have at least tried to put the chair/desk back the way you found it before you left.

There's no way I would have been able to get it back in the exact right position, I figured that leaving it where they clearly had to spend a minute or two re-adjusting it to their exact preference was better than leaving it where it as almost right but might take them a day or two of mild discomfort to realise it was off.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

It's not really that hard, most people seem to either have it all the way down or all the way up, and reclining on or off.

Speaking as a guy who sat in other people's chairs every day for months on end .... that's not right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

There are people like him in offices everywhere I've worked and I hate them, a lot, and it's an obnoxious little thing that people do that make me unreasonably angry. I'm arguing with him because he's the only one brave enough to admit it, the ones who do it here remain anonymous.

It's not like I wasn't re-adjusting them because I didn't give a poo poo, I was aware it was annoying for everyone else and I would have returned the chairs to their original condition if I could but that's not actually possible.

Management were fully aware there was an ongoing issue, at one point they asked me if it was possible for me to sit at other people's desks and not adjust their chairs and when I said "No, that will gently caress up my back" their reaction was :shrug:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 06:11 on May 9, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tiggum posted:

I don't even know what this means. What sort of chair is this?

Some chairs have a function where you can lock the recline function so they don't lean back too far. If you regularly sit in a chair that doesn't recline and then someone switches it to "will recline to almost flat" without telling you then you can potentially catapult yourself onto the floor if you throw yourself into it too roughly.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jippa posted:

The whole point of this thread is to complain about little inconsequential things that annoy you.

Complaining about people's posts in this thread is extremely on topic. :eng101:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

This is my work day if I'm at the counter. Grinds my gears because ffs, these people get prescriptions on a regular basis. Pressing buttons and following prompts is NOT HARD, especially when you are exposed to this CONSTANTLY. Yet they pretend to not understand the green button means "enter/yes/proceed" even though every keypad from grocery to gas stations work that way and they'd pick up on the variations if they would loving pay attention.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

My Lovely Horse posted:

This is the only thread I can reasonably bring it up in, but I AM THE gently caress OVER THIS JOKE

More like My Cranky Horse

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dissociative Donut posted:

It's still ok to call men cunts, right?

If they're Australian, yes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
"I'm a wanker"
"Oh yeah do you make money from .... no wait don;t answer that"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The phrase "Can you not?"

gently caress you, can I shall! t:mad:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slime posted:

The answer is obvious. Make very, very certain they catch it.

Drip on things and make sure people see it happen. Preferably customers. Drip on the customers themselves if at all possible.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cowslips Warren posted:

I know a Mormon couple who named their kid Sean. I was actually surprised it wasn't a more Biblical name.

Sean/Shane/Sion are variations of John. :ssh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm afraid he's currently in Jeopardy!

Sorry, can't give you the points for that. You have to phrase it as a question.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Picnic Princess posted:

Complaining that a service costs money. We don't work for free. Pay up or shut up.

They rarely shut up. For Exposure on twitter has their greatest hits.
https://twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/868486246414245890

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

yo rear end is grass posted:

Perhaps you're dyslexic?

Maths dyslexia is an actual thing called dyscalculia. It's a total pain in the rear end if you consider how amazingly frequently people use maths in everyday life: keeping to schedules, estimating distance or volume, etc etc..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyscalculia

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sunswipe posted:

I don't even drive, and I have the same fantasy. Maybe hire an Enrique to drive me around in in an old Volvo, drat things were built like tanks.

Add a bull bar. You're lotto rich, you can afford it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slime posted:

Catberry? More like Catteberrrey

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Okay I'll stop now

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dissociative Donut posted:

I live in an old European town right next to an equally old church. I walk past it daily.

That loving crooked, upside-down, fake window pisses me off more than I can express in words.

It's probably a shield. Churches fuckin' love shields.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 14:20 on Jul 3, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hey I think this video belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRPOEa3P44

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I had a job doing office work for a tradesman, start time was 8:30am and he expected me to be sitting at my desk ready to answer the phone at 8:30am even though there was a bunch of things that needed to be done before I was ready to start fielding calls from customers. I was expected to come in early and take care of all that other stuff (which was all business related) before I was on the clock.

But he was a selfish rear end in a top hat who generally treated his staff like poo poo and could never be wrong about anything and genuinely thought everyone was out to get him and cost him money so that was no surprise.

Edit: if I ever came in early or stayed late to finish stuff up and put that on my timesheet he'd quietly delete that extra time behind my back and not tell me.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mouse Dresser posted:

Along that line, people that write/say "whilst." Yeah, I know it's technically correct at times, but gently caress if it's ever used outside of making some neckbeard sound smart when he's m'ladying some woman on OkCupid.

It's not used a lot in the US but it's used fairly commonly in other English speaking countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
People who step off an escalator and then stand there blocking it are worse because you don't get the option to stand there and wait or ask them to move, the escalator is shoving you into them and there's probably a line of people behind you getting shoved into you so you can't even back up

• Locked thread