Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

People who walk incredibly slowly in the middle of the corridor, while also simultaneously swaying side to side a bit as they walk which makes it drat near impossible to slip past them.

People who don't use their turn signal until after they've suddenly braked and started to turn.

Retail worker specific one: people who go through the self checkout machines and then make complaints like "I hate using these machines" or "Ugh, this happens every time!"
If you know you have trouble using the machines why do you choose to go through them? It's like complaining about how much you hate getting punched in the face when you're the one doing the punching.

Edit: Ah hell, another retail worker one: Customers who decide that they don't want something (which is fine) and decide to get rid of it by tossing it onto the nearest shelf, or even worse actively try to hide it behind other items. I work in a grocery store and I'll see customers doing this with stuff like meat or milk or seafood that HAS to be refrigerated. We have store employees working through the entire store, they will not be pissed if you just hand it to them.

InequalityGodzilla has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Apr 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Men who think that just because you are also a man that it is totally fine for them to walk up and start ogling women alongside you.
"Whooo~ shiiit. You see the rear end on her?"
"S-sorry? Who the hell are you?"

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Corrode posted:

People who do this in the middle of the pavement. Every time I go out for a run I see at least one of these. I'm running along and start moving into the empty space (because as a non-retard I look where I'm going and act accordingly) only for them to sloooowly drift into it, so I change direction to accommodate them and they sloooowly drift back again. Stick to one side!

Also people walking along staring at their phones or their feet, or off to the side at something shiny in a shop. People who walk out of a shop across the pavement to their car without looking left or right. I've full-body slammed into people a couple of times because they've appeared out of loving nowhere.

Driving, people sitting in the middle lane. Are you overtaking? No? Then MOVE OVER.

I think all of these boil down to 'people with terrible spatial awareness.'
People who start rapidly walking backwards without even glancing behind them. Whether they're talking to someone as they do so or what. I've gotten so tired of people doing it at my job that I've just stopped moving out the way when I see them starting to do it. I'll turn a bit away like I wasn't looking that way, they bump right into me, and I get to chastise them for not paying any attention to their surroundings.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

When a customer walks up and talks at me when I'm in the middle of helping another customer. gently caress right off, I'm helping someone else, and you're being doubly rude by ignoring my current customer. Oh excuse me, patient, because this is medical so you're ALSO violating their privacy. Had an absolute bitch try to do this the other day where she cut in front of five others because it was "just a quick question" then tried to complain to the management. Jokes on her, my current patient was a home care nurse who read her the riot act. I can't wrap my head around entitled jerks. One of these days she's going to pull that stunt and someone in line on their last nerve will do a lot more than yell.

vvv See? This is exactly what I'm talking about.
Oh dear lord I have zero patience for this. I just drop all attempts at politeness if they do this poo poo. I'll just make a big show out of some hand motions to point out that, yeah, I was in the middle of helping this other person, and you can just loving wait your turn. At least when I do it that harshly it's enough to shame them into not pushing the issue anymore.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm going to assume you're American but really we have a culture that encourages that behavior. Narcissism has always existed but in America it's suddenly become perfectly normal and socially acceptable. Encouraged, even.
It really does feel like that's kind of a uniquely American thing. I've spent some time abroad in Canada and Europe and got the feeling that doing something like that would be unthinkable.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Adults who never eat vegetables. They also never cook and often drink loads of diet soda.
True story, in college one of the guys on the same level of my dorm had decided that he hated fruits and vegetables and decided that, since he was no longer under his parent's watchful eyes, he was no longer going to eat them. About 3 months after the year started he went to the campus health center complaining about constant tiredness and bruising easily. They told him to go to a real doctor because they didn't know what the gently caress.

The idiot turned out to have scurvy.

• Locked thread