Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Chewing gum = bad
Chewing gum audibly = worse
Cracking/popping gum = I would literally privilege the existence of a discarded plastic bag over yours in the classic "trolley problem"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like chewing with your mouth open and talking with your mouth full must not be considered rude or gross in Indiana because everyone here does it. It's like working with a bunch of cartoon gluttons.

I have literally heard people defend intentionally chewing open-mouthed because of this bonkers magical thinking by which, and I'm paraphrasing, "air mixing with the food as you chew it enhances its flavor." That's absolutely not how that works, but you have to appreciate the sort of logic a mildly inventive and utterly selfish 5-year-old child might employ to avoid having to change their behavior for the sake of courtesy.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Slime posted:

If air mixing with their food makes it taste better then logically this also means they're making the air taste better by adding their food to it while they eat like a loving troglodyte. Win win!

throw a few Big Macs into a high-powered blender, then transfer the resultant slurry into an essential oil diffuser for a smell that'll stick to your ribs, walla

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Snoo posted:

they use the bathtub to wash their clothes. they're not bathing 12 times a day. most of the time they don't run the bath long enough to actually fill it, just short bursts over a minute. except in the morning and evening, where they run it longer and 2-3 times within an hour.

the previous people complained about it too so lol

maybe they have dermatitis herpetiformis like Jean-Paul Marat and are just waiting for someone to come in and be their Charlotte Corday

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

Taking kids with the flu out for a day of fun at a family tourist attraction. Everyone loves it when your child pukes in a gift shop and spreads their germs all over everything!

I'm imagining a snowglobe but of a touristy gift shop and the little plastic snowflakes are all green and yellow

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah, I know it's unfair but I pretty much wish death on anyone who can't exist without making constant annoying gross sounds. From loud breathing to gross eating noises to fiddling with plastic bags to coughing to not having an "inside voice". It's unfair but holy poo poo just make an effort.

If I have ever heard you cracking/popping/smacking gum, then there is a 100% chance I have daydreamed about shooting you right in the back of the head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

genetic_knockout posted:

Lol. I was just reading a baby name blog for the poo poo names thread, and I happened across one woman who had the trifecta (all girls):

1) Dallas MaKenna

do you think this person was intentionally naming their child after the actor who, among other things, provided the voice of Gumby?

my parents told me my name would have been Dallas had I been born a girl and there's not a day that goes by that I don't thank my lucky loving stars for this y-chromosome

• Locked thread