Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Frankston posted:

When it's pouring with rain outside, I'm sitting next to the window and somebody asks "ooh can you hear that rain?!"

Why yes. Yes I can.

I was just at the bank today and the guy was trying to make small talk with the teller, saying "the sun's startin' to come out!"

It has been sunny and warm all day and most of yesterday. We had a storm for a few hours of sun-mon early morning. I loving loathe people who talk about how great warm weather is when we just had spring instead of winter. You had your share, rear end in a top hat. Go live in the tropics if you love the sun so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

enigmahfc posted:

I avoid hitting people and other cars while backing out of a parking spot by looking behind me, usually with the aid of mirrors included (free of charge) with my car. Also by sometimes turning my head. I also do not back out at the speed of light, which results in being able to use reaction times and caution.

That's just me though.

Agreed in full. The usual excuse is that it "saves time". This is said mechanically, because it's rote-thinking.

On that note, if you leave your headlights on in a parking lot and someone is right in front of you sitting in their car, you're a tremendous prick.

• Locked thread