Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sunswipe posted:

People who stand right next to the doors when waiting to get on a train or lift who then act amazed and annoyed that I might want to get off the lift/train, and that they're going to have to move away from the door.

I just barrel through them now and don't even look back to see if they are ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

i can haz

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There are good pizzas without cheese. You're missing out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cheese improves cheesecake

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yoshi Jjang posted:

When eating with a fork and knife, right-handed people will have the knife in right hand and the morsel they cut already pierced by the fork in the left hand, then proceed to put down the knife and put the fork in the right hand so they can eat the morsel. Repeat every single step for every morsel they cut.

The hell? You already had the food in your fork, just put it in your drat mouth! There's no need to take this extra step to pass the fork from your left to your right hand. Is coordinating food and fork into your stupid mouth by your non-dominant hand so difficult for you?

I just cut everything into bite size pieces and then shove it into my mouth with a spoon.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's weird because the cutting motion of the knife takes more effort so people typically put the knife on their right hand. On the other hand, most people don't really care how you eat so do whatever.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

BioEnchanted posted:

I always hate those stupid memes that are like "Oh god, I had to go to do a thing, I had to put on pants! FWP amirite!" I always feel weird when I'm not fully dressed and showered even if I have nowhere to be, so it just brings total slobs to mind. It's nearly always trousers too, and you just know their the types of people who would probably stick to their leather couch. The whole "bachelors hang out in their apartments in their underwear" is an odd thing for me, because even on a nice day, you'd get cold at certain times of it. Maybe it's because I'm in Britain where we're used to cold weather...

Im in california and its always hot inside. Im in boxers most of the time at home.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The coolest thing about Game of Thrones is just the vast size of the production. Just the logistics of filming simultaneously in like 5 different countries at a time. You get a good sense of it when the main cast members are doing interviews and you find out a lot of them have never even met each other because the characters they play haven't met each other either. Besides that, I don't think the show is that great. Tons of filler. You only need to watch the first couple and last couple episodes of each season and the rest is forgettable.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's like going to a baseball game and getting bored of people talking about baseball

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Inzombiac posted:

I don't know relatable this is.
I've run a lot of RPGs in my day with loads of different people.

There is always one person in the group who MUST inject themselves into every scene. Sometimes they are just excited and can't contain it or they are an rear end in a top hat that must be heard.

If I'm setting the scene or giving some dramatic exposition, don't chime in with your moronic quips.
Don't yell over the table and undercut someone.

gently caress you.

Yay Dan Harmon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Most people don't get it though. So it's easier to just fully explain it to everyone.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Root beer was medicine used by pharmacists long before they started loading it up with sugar

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 16:13 on May 1, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I still don't understand why tourists ask for directions now. Use your loving phone. No it's not here, it's 4 miles that way. Use Google Maps.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm not talking about some hidden road, I mean large tourist attractions. Also there's like thousands of google employees working here it's pretty well mapped out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rob Schneider wasn't that bad in Judge Dredd. They hired a lot of comedians for sidekicks in the 90s.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's dumb to have that kind of loyalty to a team when they don't care about you whatsoever or the city they play in. Teams are happy to leave and go to Utah or whatever at a moment's notice. Team names changing from city to the corporate sponsor is inevitable. I can't wait for the Comcast Rams to beat the Time-Warner Bengals.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't like when people (it's always a white person too) ask me what my ethnicity is. gently caress off.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Popcorn was super cheap to make and people had no money during the depression. It was around the time mainstream movies turned into "talkies" and had huge appeal.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sociopastry posted:

I've got dairy intolerance but I still eat it because I hate myself and love cheese. Farts for the fart throne.

That said, I also hate people who claim to have allergies for things they just don't like. Had a minor panic attack the other day because an aquaintance said they were allergic to shellfish as they were eating my fried rice, which I make with shrimp. Turns out, no, not an actual allergy, they're just not super fond of shrimp. And that's why they're not invited to hang out anymore.

Do all cheese affect you the same way? Can you drink milk? I heard that the hard/dry cheeses like parmesan don't have as much lactose so most people can handle them better.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Which stores do bag checks? The last time I saw it was in a CompUSA store and those closed down in like 2006.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who remembers the previous chair setting 8 hours later?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

"Re-tweets are not endorsements"

gently caress off, don't loving retweet it then.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Eleven is better than Madison

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

quote:

If Daring Fireball looks goofy in your browser, you’re likely using a lovely browser that doesn’t support web standards. Internet Explorer, I’m looking in your direction. If you complain about this, I will laugh at you, because I do not care. If, however, you are using a modern, standards-compliant browser and have trouble viewing or reading Daring Fireball, please do let me know.

This guy sounds like a prick.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They are in the pet peeve thread, not this one, which is basically the same thread.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That sounds bad. I don't want people that don't shower in my house. Do you just Febreze your couch after every visit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What if they are older than 60? I would feel bad about reporting them.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rolo posted:

It took years for me to finally be an rear end in a top hat to a stranger over something I've dealt with every other loving day.

My full name is one letter off from a very famous TV character. And today it got brought up by some frat dude in a bookstore of all places. The lady behind the desk was really nice and I came off as a huge sperg.

:) Hi I have a pickup for Rolo.
:v: Hey bro did you say your name was [Person]?
:geno: Jesus... no.
:v: Anyone ever ask you that?
:geno: Every time anyone sees my ID or asks for my name. Every single time. Thanks.

Sometimes they'll just start spouting references and quotes of the show like I have it memorized. I'm not the fictional character, what the hell are you expecting me to do in this situation?

Learn from me: if you ever meet someone with a name like Harry Botter or something, just leave them alone about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BaMx_n2_hM

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I haven't encountered any of that. I just uploaded a picture right now and I don't have an account. I don't have the app either.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chez Lindsay has a great video essay about why she hates the musical Rent. But it's like an hour long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0qfFbtIj5w

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Jun 20, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't know what this is called. Youtube Face? gently caress all these guys.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I know you have face blindness or whatever but it's the over expressive exaggerated expressions that's common on the internet

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Intoluene posted:

And yet, somehow, nostalgia critic has the most subdued of any of those expressions. He gets a pass just because his critiques aren't actually that bad.

Nostalgia Critic could be great but I'll never know since I can't make it past 5 minutes of any of his stuff.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 12:54 on Jun 22, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't click on any links to Facebook or Medium and I'm perfectly happy

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a $1,000 fine in Singapore and it works. I also think public canings for certain offenses is ideal.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who the hell owns a horse. I hate anyone that owns a horse.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rolo posted:

When people don't even wait for the elevator doors to open fully to try and pile in it while my rear end still needs to get off the drat thing. Some old gently caress in Florida almost shoulder checks me, backs up, and waves me on with a "your majesty" look on his face.

gently caress off Jeff, you're in the lobby, someone is going to be getting off once the god damned thing gets there I'm about to whup your rear end.

On the train I just plow my way through people if I'm exiting. I haven't injured anyone yet but it feels great doing it. If I see kids or elderly I refrain but everyone else is fair game.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The only reason I avoid cake is that it would kill me. Cake is great, and so is the band CAKE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

om nom nom posted:

When Americans (usually fedora wearing neckbeard Americans) really pronounce the "r" in "arse", and insert the word into their regular vocabulary, replacing "rear end". I'm assuming they think they sound cool and worldly, but it just shows that they have no idea how people in other English speaking countries pronounce their words.

For the record, I'm an American. We don't spell it that way, and no one but obnoxious Americans pronounce it that way.

American say arse because it sounds funny like cumberbatch

• Locked thread