Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
When you use a word like "chips" or "apartment" or something else that is regionally different and a person goes, "UMMMMM, do you mean CRISPS?!?!?!?!" in a super-obnoxious tone of voice.

When you accidentally say something in Fahrenheit and everyone goes "OH poo poo WE'RE ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN IT'S SOOO HOT OLOLOLOLOL"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

cinni posted:

People who interrupt you when speaking during a conversation. Especially if its to try to finish your anecdote or story for you incorrectly. If you would shut up for a second and just let me finish, then you would realize that wasn't what I was going to/trying to say at all.

Ugh, I just suffered through two weekends with a houseguest who had this charming habit. I started tallying how many sentences I got to finish- eight. And I received sarcastic replies to all of them. She just left yesterday and I'm actually kind of sad her luggage didn't end up in Guam or something. Horrible girl.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Anyone who says "LOL" or "OMG" out loud.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

When someone says "Be careful!" AFTER you trip and/or hurt yourself.

Gee, thanks, chucklefuck; whatever just happened is something I could have definitely avoided if I had just been more careful. :stare:

(I would never actually yell at someone for this; it's just a weird peeve I have.)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'm getting tired of people gasping in shock every time I understand what they say in Chinese. I've been here for two years; do you really think I haven't picked anything up? Arrrrrgh.

Incidentally, they'd probably post about me in this thread if they knew how frequently I play dumb on purpose...

Sunrise, sunset.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I used to clean bathrooms for a living.

Neither gender respects bathrooms or anybody else that had to use them. Humans in general are just loving gross.

Granted we also have a society that encourages men to be horrible jerks that make others miserable like that and laugh about it. I imagine construction workers feel the need to be macho and assert their dominance like that.

I was in our school's bathroom yesterday trying to pee. The Western-style toilet had piss all over the seat, one of them had a bloody footprint, and the third just had so many used tampons and pads piled in the toilet paper bucket that I couldn't bring myself to go in. Ended up going four floors down to find a clean one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have literally heard people defend intentionally chewing open-mouthed because of this bonkers magical thinking by which, and I'm paraphrasing, "air mixing with the food as you chew it enhances its flavor." That's absolutely not how that works, but you have to appreciate the sort of logic a mildly inventive and utterly selfish 5-year-old child might employ to avoid having to change their behavior for the sake of courtesy.

Sounds like a perversion of the reason Japanese people slurp noodles.

Also, here's a peeve:
Don't loving sneeze in your hand and then use that same hand to hold on to the railing on the bus. Fucko.

• Locked thread