Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I don't mind questions during a movie if the person genuinely doesn't understand whats going on but what I hate the most is

*staring at phone/texting for the past 20 minutes*

"wait who is that guy?"

"The main character"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And what the gently caress does it matter if my seat is 2 more inches forward during takeoff/landing?

basically what I'm saying is what's the deal with airline seats?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Norfolk's airport is ORF, and apparently they embrace it and "take ORF" is a slogan they use.

At least BOS and PVD are fairly intuitive with regard to where they are. Although PVD is actually in Warwick, not Providence, because ???

Try working in shipping - I work for an ocean liner and our 3-letter designations are all hosed up

F96 - NY
YSV - Savannah

or there's Ho Chi Minh City which is still SGN, which tells you how old a lot of these designations are.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

"I'm a jinx" was the thesis statement, though I can understand your point. I'm also a weirdo who likes seeing what other people had for lunch.. :shobon:

That said, unfollowing is the best innovation Facebook has ever rolled out. The "yay sportsball" guy posts approximately 1,000,000,000 pictures of his infant daughter per day and I unfollowed him, so the least he could do is return the favor.

I'm the guy that posts 1,000,000,000 pictures of my dog.

But everyone wants to see those

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

People who talk about their favorite sports teams as "we". You don't play for them. "We" didn't win anything. They, the team of highly trained athletes, won. Not you. You have a dad bod and are 5'6".

I'm mixed on this. I went to University of Tennessee and played a sport there, and when watching the football/basketball/baseball (lol like that's ever on TV)/whatever team, I say "we" won/lost, etc. I grew up in Tampa and am a huge Bucs fan, but when referring to them I say "they" won/lost. Same with the Braves, except I just grew up a fan, not in Atlanta.

I'd really like your approval on this before I continue doing it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The above reminded me of this one:

Whenever Benedict Cumberbatch gets brought up and people fall all over themselves to show of the super wacky and not at all hilarious random word mixes of his name. It's godawful.

e: similarly with M. Night Shyamalan

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Screaming Idiot posted:

HOW DOES SOMEONE MISSPELL A WORD THAT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM

AND CONTINUE TO DO SO FOR FIVE loving YEARS, USUALLY IN A DIFFERENT WAY EACH TIME

FRAAARGHBLAAAARGHFAAAANGH

If she was just doing it to gently caress with me I'd understand, but she misspells everything. She spells "tardies" as "tardy's" for gently caress's sake. She use multiple exclamation marks on memos and notices. Reading anything this woman types makes me want to track down every teacher she had in school and hurl drain cleaner into their faces before chugging a glass or two myself.

Username checks out

My name is Brandon which is pretty common but I somehow get Brendan/Branden/Brandan??? which are all less common all the time

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
wtf is a deadname

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really not trying to be insensitive and I'm curious, but why deadname? I missed it the first time but you called it your birthname - why not just stick with that?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have zero credibility for input on this but 'deadname' just seems to add more to it that's not needed. If you tell someone "Hey (name) was my birthname but I prefer to be called (new name)" and the person continues calling you your birthname, that's on them for being a dick. Calling it a completely new phrase (maybe it's not, it's just new to me) just leads to confusion and conversations like this. Why would that conversation even happen, though? Did you/wouldn't you legally change your name to what you wanted? I would think that's what would go on any internal work paperwork and even if someone did figure out the 'original' name, they're even more of a dick for using it.

That said, whatever helps you with your situation you should go with without worrying what other people think about it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Who the hell owns a horse. I hate anyone that owns a horse.

Can you ever really own a horse?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Two lanes merging into one, my lane needs to merge into the right lane, which then merges to the roadway. Literally every single person in front of me is doing the zipper thing where one car slips in one at a time. For some reason the dildo in a mercedes next to me decides he doesn't want to follow suit and sits inches from the guy in front of him so that no one else (mainly me) can get in front of him.

Good job rear end in a top hat you've just slowed everyone down behind you because now I have to hit my brakes to slow to get behind you before the lane runs out.

It was a little satisfying to see the guy floor it once he got to the roadway, cutting people off so he could get to the far left lane as quick as he could, only to have to slam on his brakes because the left lane was stopped and everyone he just cutoff/passed drive by him.

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
M as in Mancy?

• Locked thread