Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Catberry posted:

People who don't serve enough food so you have to eat before coming to diner.

When I cook for guests I make a ton of everything and everyone has their fill and the rest become lunchboxes.

But some people will make unspoken portions. Like if you have 5 adults they will cook 10 pieces of chicken.

And it's so easy to tell because you will have 10 pieces for 3 men and 2 women. The 3 guys and 1 of the girls take two each. Then the last girl has a single piece and later asks if someone wants her second piece of chicken. You then have four hungry adults eying it with two guys agreeing to split half each.

Or it's time for coffee and desert and they will take a spongecake and cut it into 5 pieces for 5 people.

Or you go to a barbecue and they cook five hamburgers for five adults or ten hot dogs for five adults.

2 pieces of chicken is normal for a person to eat. One piece of cake is a normal dessert. One hamburger is a normal portion of hamburgers. Two hot dogs is one too many hot dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Slime posted:

I'm a tiny skinny little runt and even I think 2 pieces of chicken is not a meal. One hamburger is not a meal. One hot dog is not a meal.

one piece of cake is a normal dessert though, if you need more than 1/5th of an entire cake as an extra to your meal then you are officially a greedy gently caress
Operating under the assumption that sides are also served, my post is absolutely correct

• Locked thread