Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

BioEnchanted posted:

I always hate those stupid memes that are like "Oh god, I had to go to do a thing, I had to put on pants! FWP amirite!" I always feel weird when I'm not fully dressed and showered even if I have nowhere to be, so it just brings total slobs to mind. It's nearly always trousers too, and you just know their the types of people who would probably stick to their leather couch. The whole "bachelors hang out in their apartments in their underwear" is an odd thing for me, because even on a nice day, you'd get cold at certain times of it. Maybe it's because I'm in Britain where we're used to cold weather...

I don't really understand the whole epic meme culture thing as a whole. Mustaches, bacon, not wearing pants, zombies, etc. Why do people get so excited to show off that they're unoriginal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

It's less that they are unoriginal, but that they have something in common with a large group or society in general. Ask yourself the same but opposite question: why do people get so excited to show off that they aren't part of the greater group?

Because the outliers of the world are more interesting and people want to be thought of as interesting?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

If everyone agreed with those two points, there wouldn't be many people who get so excited to show off that they are part of the greater group. Depending on your culture, uniqueness might not be praised over conformity.

Fair enough. I have plenty of boring friends who think gyros are "a little out there" and use the word "weird" as a pejorative.

• Locked thread