Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
When a person calls your name from a different room, then when you answer "Yes?" they don't say anything. Even if you want me to come over there, would it kill you to just say "Come here"? gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Rolo posted:

Quote isn't edit.

I hate people being anti sports on the internet like it's not much more annoying to read 'hand egg, sports ball and superb owl' over and over and over every time someone brings up football.

I would share a screenshot of his poo poo but I can't black-out people's names at the moment.

My Facebook post: "I turn on the Mets game. Five seconds later, deGrom gives up a two-run homer that brings the game from 2-1 Mets to 2-3 Nats. gently caress this. I turn on the Marlins game. Less than one second later, Adam Conley hits Gregory Polanco with a pitch to load the bases, then gives up a triple, bringing the score to 8-0 Pirates. I'm a jinx."

Response #1: "Yay sportsball?"
Response #2: "Put the ball in the place and get larger numbers of things!"

Why do people think this is so clever? I know if I said some poo poo like "Yay video games, put a pixel through another pixel and win points!" they'd have something to say about it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Jerry Cotton posted:

The only thing more banal to post on Facebook about than what you had for lunch is what someone else did in a game (doesn't matter if it's an actual sport or snooker/golf/darts/NASCAR or a board game or even one of those computer video games) :smuggo: / :can:

Doesn't make me unreasonably angry though so sue me :shrug:

"I'm a jinx" was the thesis statement, though I can understand your point. I'm also a weirdo who likes seeing what other people had for lunch.. :shobon:

That said, unfollowing is the best innovation Facebook has ever rolled out. The "yay sportsball" guy posts approximately 1,000,000,000 pictures of his infant daughter per day and I unfollowed him, so the least he could do is return the favor.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm the guy that posts 1,000,000,000 pictures of my dog.

But everyone wants to see those

Post one picture of Dansby Swanson for every dog picture you post and you'll have the most popular Facebook page ever.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Setting: a bar, hanging out with friends.

Friend: Hey, we're going to head to Bar #2 now, are you in?
Me: Sure, sounds good! :)

[10 minutes later]
Me: So are we going to Bar #2 yet?
Friend: We're going in like 2 minutes, just rallying the troops.

[15 minutes and one more drink later]
Me: I think I'm gonna head home...
Friend: Oh come on, you're not coming to Bar #2 with us? We're leaving super soon!
Me: Eh, fine, I'll finish my drink and come with you guys.
Friend: Yay!

[5 minutes later, drink is finished]
Friend: Alright, are you coming with us?
Me: Are you leaving right now?
Friend: Yes!
Me: Okay, then I'm leaving too.
Friend: Good.

[5 minutes later]
Friend: *is embroiled in conversation with someone*
Me: *goes home without friend noticing*

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

If you choose to take a phone call while standing at the entrance to a subway station then I should be allowed to push you down the stairs.

I actually saw a woman trying to walk her completely stationary toddler up the stairs WHILE trying to make a phone call, at 9am on a weekday. They should both be exiled.

Anyway, it irks the poo poo out of me when people use "over/under" incorrectly, and I bet it irks the poo poo out of those people when I answer questions like "What's the over/under on the coffee being burnt today?" with "Three".

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
People posting "dear self" stories in the "Dear internet I have a feeling" thread in e/n, especially when it's really just humblebragging ("dear self, you got that cute girl's number and you called her and she liked you and we're going on a date in 20 minutes -- don't gently caress this up! :keke: " ugh).

People trying way too hard to be funny in the forum quote thread, while not actually posting quotes.

People who, instead of washing their hands after using the bathroom, run their hands under the water for half a second and don't even bother drying them before wetting up the doorknob with their germy slimy hand.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Doc Morbid posted:

Since I posted the most recent one of those -- "dear self" posts, that is, not humblebrag bullshit -- a couple of weeks ago... uh, sorry about that. I just needed to vent a bit at the time (and tell myself not to jump to negative conclusions, hence "dear self") and I thought that's what the thread was for. :saddowns:

No need to apologize to me. It's entirely possible that the "dear self"-ers have completely taken over and repurposed the thread by now, but I dearly miss its "bitch about situations in your life without doing anything about them" origins.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Maybe this is a better post for the unpopular opinions thread, but I think it would be totally okay if catcallers were murdered brutally.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ghost emoji posted:

Yeah complaining about catcalling is definitely not a humble brag in my experience. I've been catcalled more often when I'm dressed frumpy than when I actually dress up. We know it's not a compliment.

I once got catcalled three times on the same block while wearing my great-grandfather's hand-me-downs. Serves me right for doing laundry or something I guess.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Mu Zeta posted:

They are in the pet peeve thread, not this one, which is basically the same thread.

Leavemywife posted:

I think of the pet peeve thread as reasonable things and this thread for the poo poo that you know shouldn't bother you, but makes you froth at the mouth anyways.

I think of this thread as more specifically interpersonal grievances, and the pet peeves one more as just stuff that happens that annoys you.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Rolo posted:

It took years for me to finally be an rear end in a top hat to a stranger over something I've dealt with every other loving day.

My full name is one letter off from a very famous TV character. And today it got brought up by some frat dude in a bookstore of all places. The lady behind the desk was really nice and I came off as a huge sperg.

:) Hi I have a pickup for Rolo.
:v: Hey bro did you say your name was [Person]?
:geno: Jesus... no.
:v: Anyone ever ask you that?
:geno: Every time anyone sees my ID or asks for my name. Every single time. Thanks.

Sometimes they'll just start spouting references and quotes of the show like I have it memorized. I'm not the fictional character, what the hell are you expecting me to do in this situation?

Learn from me: if you ever meet someone with a name like Harry Botter or something, just leave them alone about it.

My name is Ursula (yes, like in The Little Mermaid :geno: ), and I get it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

oldpainless posted:

My condolences

More like oldpeenless

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
People who wait until they've wedged themselves into the turnstile to START looking for their Metrocard. What is wrong with these assholes? Generally speaking, I take my Metrocard out before I even go into the subway station, but if I don't and I suddenly realize that I haven't done so, I move over to the side to look for it. I don't know why there is such a huge segment of the population that doesn't grasp the concept of not blocking people's way.

Speaking of commuters, some guy called me a bitch because I had the nerve to say excuse me and walk past him on an escalator without even touching him (with myself OR my bag). How dare I. :rolleyes:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Grown rear end people who post on social media in that weird "doggo" vernacular ("doing me a concern", "heckin", etc.) should be banned.

edit:

You Are A Elf posted:

Also, I never hear a "My mother was an [OCCUPATION] for thirty years" excuse. C'mon, change it up once in a while. I want hear what your mother did and how she instilled that knowledge into you sometimes :smith:

When someone compliments my vocabulary, I tell them that my mother was an English teacher. :shobon:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

queserasera posted:

People putting nasty poo poo on desks and tables in public places. I'm really sure the next person who uses the picnic table or phone desk will appreciate your stinky bare feet or baby's used diaper. I keep a wet-nap foil pack in my wallet for this sort of thing and I hate that I have to do it but you nasty rear end motherfuckers leave me no choice.

I saw a person sit a diapered toddler on the counter at the Starbucks near my job, and I was seemingly the only person on line who was appropriately horrified. I could barely conceal my :catstare: face.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Aesop Poprock posted:

This might sound goony but babies and little kids are loving disgusting and it's not cute if they're naked or pooping themselves and I feel like it has to be a survival mechanism for parents to believe it is and constantly talk about it

Honestly I wish this were a more socially acceptable opinion to have. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels like this.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
People who can't put their phone in their pocket for one god damned second when they're walking down a busy sidewalk -- or worse, walking up/down stairs -- need to be dropkicked in the back of the head. There are going to be entire generations of people who think this is okay behavior, and I am not ready.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Along those lines, when someone texts you "Hey what's up?" then you text back within about a minute or so "Not much, what's up with you?" and then their next response is 18+ hours later and/or about some completely different subject out of nowhere.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Sometimes I'll be walking down the sidewalk and I see someone ahead of me that's stopped, doing something or other, and they don't move until moving would put them directly in my way. What the gently caress is up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Aesop Poprock posted:

I work with clients in my job and I hate when people feel the need to give an example word with every letter of their name, like "Marianne. M as in Michael A as in apple R as in etc etc" I speak the same drat language as you! You're only making it way more confusing for me by introducing totally unnecessary words! Sometimes I don't even remember what their name is by the end of it especially with last names

When I worked at a call center, I had a customer start spelling their name (Mary) with "M as in empire" and it was kind of a mindfuck.

• Locked thread