Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People who cut the self checkout line by standing a foot to your right or left, and pretending like they are "forming a second line" deserve a special place in hell. I consider it impossible for anyone who does this to not be a complete piece of poo poo in every aspect of their life. Like, that is all I need to know to loving hate you.

let's complain about poo poo that dumb assholes do in day to day life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh man :iceburn: didn't see that coming from a loving mile away.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

What's the difference between this and the pet peeve thread?

I didn't know there was one. I searched and didn't find anything similar. I can kill this thread if it's redundant for people.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Catberry posted:

People who try to snag the whole phone when you want to show them a picture.

People who loving swipe when you show them a picture.

This is the worst and practically everyone over 50 seems to do it. I don't even have anything objectionable on my phone but I always tense up and grab my phone back. It's such a violation of personal space.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it's pretty innocent. I think they believe it's like if someone was showing them a binder of photos. It's still super obnoxious. But yeah, generational ignorance more than anything.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

honda whisperer posted:

When someone asks if you're busy, you say yes, and they pause, get this quisical look in their eye, and then start into their story anyway.

My mom will ask me if I have heard a story and I will tell her "yes" and she will just go right into it anyways.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People who fly at stop signs at full speed just to slam on their brakes at the last second. Are you going to hit me or what buddy?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Men are pieces of poo poo and half the time it's laziness and the other half is intentional. I used to work construction and people would straight up sabatoge the port o potties by making GBS threads on the seat and smearing it around or burning holes in the bottom of the urinal so you piss on your feet.

My favorite bathroom rear end in a top hat is the guy that covers the seat in toilet paper because they are too germaphobic to sit on the seat, but then leaves the sat on toilet paper for the next guy to clean up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How anyone could not like cheese is beyond me. It might be the best thing humans have ever created.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bossy lady posted:

good luck finding small amounts of cheese on anything in the US.

True dat

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This wouldn't be a problem is you just drank Soylent.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Or a professional street nigga like this guy:

The typesetting in this image qualifies for this thread imao.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

On a similar note. People who act like they are an authority on a game because they watched an LP. Especially if it's something they say is bad, and they are arguing with people who have actually played it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

pedestrians come first (all though you could have fooled me with how often people practically run me over when I'm going into a store) but that doesn't mean they aren't capable of being assholes and breaking the rules.

This is less of a little thing and more of a child services thing, but people who jaywalk on busy roads with like 45 mph speed limits with a small child and they are pulling them by the arm so the kid runs faster, holy poo poo I wish I could say I have only seen this happen a few times.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I'll probably always sneak like 4 a year even though I quit. I don't miss smoking a pack a day though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo if someone is smoking outside and a little bit of it wafts my way it smells wonderful and makes me want a cigarette. Someone after they have smoked, or a house/car that gets smoked/ash trays are maybe some of the most disgusting smells on earth.

A room full of smoke is like death. It's funny because I was pissed when they first banned smoking in bars/restaurants about 10 years ago. Now it feels kind of insane that it was ever allowed. Even when I was a smoker I thought this about a week after they banned it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When my white as hell, NPR crowd friends all of a sudden awkwardly use hip hop lingo when talking about rap. "yo this new Kendrick is tight". You wouldn't say that about the Belle and Sebastian album you just listened to, you sound loving ridiculous.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is it littering if some dickhead put a flyer on my window while I was in a parking lot and I didn't notice it until I was driving, then used my wipers to make it fly away. I did that today. As far as I'm concerned whoever stuck it there is the one that littered.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Catberry posted:

People who honk period. The instances where you need the horn on a car is so rare that it should be one of those "Break glass in case of" things. That after you use the horn. It remains stuck and you need a service to reset it.

Living in a state where people don't honk much, that is very popular for Californians to move to makes me want to kill them with their honking at everyone all the time.

I honk my horn like 4 times a year and these loving assholes can't drive 5 feet without leaning on it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

What a colossal rear end in a top hat. I hate that poo poo, it's pure disrespect, plain and simple.

Floridian here: do other states have the same prevalence of "I was BORN in this state, so NYAH" bumper stickers? In the past year or two I see a ton of "LOCAL" (with an upside down FL as the "L") and "FLO-GROWN" stickers, usually in addition to hunting gear brands or occasionally stickers that subtly indicate the owner is racist. Look, being born here is nothing to be proud of, especially in 2017.

That said this is my town, all the snowbirds need to get da gently caress out including the shitbird who has a gold apartment in NY.

Yeah these are really popular amongst idiots in Colorado right now. About a million people moved here over the course of 2 years and doubled rent/home prices so I agree with the sentiment but it's just tacky as hell on a bumper sticker. That said I might eventually move to Florida lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it's kind of funny that we think we have any sort of claim to a state by being born there. Don't get me wrong I get it. Between weed and tech start ups Denver has been turned upside down and I kind hate these motherfuckers for making it so I can't afford an apartment in the city I was born in anymore without taking on a roommate (which I had no problem doing for the past 15 years). At the same time it's all just the US. Being able to move wherever you want is kind of the point I guess?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol yeah I went out to Tampa in February and it was perfect and everyone I know who is from there was like "wait until summer it's awful". I just loved all the water and crazy animals everywhere. My brother was out there in July and the AC broke and he said he thought he was going to die.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Leavemywife posted:

I used to smoke and I treat my vape the exact same way; I don't use it inside your home or car without your permission, and I don't blow it in anyone's face. If I'm at a restaurant or something, I'll go outside to use it.

The people who do the kind of poo poo you guys are talking about makes me a little embarrassed to have one. I just wanted to quit smoking and found a method. Why do other people have to be shitheads that gently caress it up?

Same. I saw a guy vaping in the library the other day and I was seriously wishing he would get tackled by a librarian.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also saying autism is on the rise when it really just used to be that higher functioning autistic people would just be "weird" or whatever and lower functioning people would be in state institutions so no one ever saw them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo it's on the machine a lot of the time. like 10% of the time there is some error in weighing the produce and it literally won't let you continue until a staff member intervenes, or a sale doesn't ring up and someone has to come over and change the price. I get more annoyed that people that just take their sweet time. looking the receipt over, individually putting pennies into the little pouch on their wallets etc. Hurry up or get in the regular line.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Macing someone because they may or may not be staring at your feet seems...bad?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Can't tell you how many times I get "CCW" as a suggestion for complaints about getting catcalled. For one, CCW is difficult to get where I live, for 2, I don't feel comfortable carrying a gun around--they make me nervous even when I'm at the range, and I don't think I'd want to have one around in a confrontation, and for 3, I don't think murder is an appropriate sentence for casual sexual harassment.

I'm casual acquaintances with some people who I really really do not want to spend any time alone with based on their unhinged overreaction to a simple catcall.

In my experience women who are very loud about how angry cat calling makes them are basically using it as a humble brag. But yeah I've met some girls who seem like they can't wait to find the opportunity to jam their cat shaped brass knuckles into some slobs nuts, and it's like yeesh, you don't seem unhinged at all. It's like the lady version of that dude walking around with a katana on his back, waiting for that moment.

Not that catcalling isn't an incredibly obnoxious thing to do. I don't even get what those guys end game is.

Some dirtbag squatting next to a building cat called this girl the other day and I could tell she thought I did it and I was so pissed off at him.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I didn't say complaining about it was inherently a humble brag. I've just gotten that vibe from certain people. Either way it was barely relevant to begin with so I'll just recant that it's not a hard line stance I'm holding or anything.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bertrand Hustle posted:

as someone who enjoys video games but is not a human garbage scow imagine what it's like playing with these people when there's a woman on the team :ughh:

TBH I've been surprised at how little of this I've seen in the years I've played games. I even have a tendency to pop in to random parties that pubs invite me to and its not uncommon for a woman to be in there and I've yet to really see any obnoxious sexism. Even if the party ends up being a bunch of annoying gamer bros.

That may very well just be the games I play though. I'm also virtually never in public chat. I'll make a party even when I'm playing alone so I don't have to listen to them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rolo posted:

Literally the only reason my mom is a republican is because she's a Christian. She's all for helping the poor, being compassionate and staying positive, but the liberals and millennials don't like Jesus so they're wrong about everything they say and do.

Same. Everything my mom believes would lead you to think she's incredibly liberal but her reasoning for everything is the fault of some liberal boogeyman. Being liberal is evil because of abortion and Jesus so she uses some sort of warped logic to support republican agendas.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Catberry posted:

Yeah. We got near unlimited sick days here at 80% pay. The employer pays for the first week and the government pays for the time after that.

After the first week you need a doctor certificate for more time and the visit costs $10. If you abuse the system your employer can make you go to a doctor on day 1 but then you bring in a receipt and the employer has to pay for the visit. The doctors are also super chill and always play it safe and give you nearly all the time you want.

The USA sucks poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

I hate those ads on sites you have to slide all the way up the screen to get through them like you're rolling up a sleeve or something

Similarly it drives me crazy when sites deliberately load ads slower so if you try to click a link you'll click the ad instead. And they're usually littered like minefields around the actual links. Cracked is one of the worst for that

Yeah. So deliberate and obnoxious. I only see it on mobile sites since I have everything on my laptop blocked but Metacritic is the worst one. they have the tiny little x in the corner of the ads and if you try to get rid of it it just clicks the ad. It's very scummy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Once in a while I'll bite on one of those begging tactics and allow ads, but if they break my trust and blow my poo poo up I'll just never return. If it's reasonable I might just keep allowing them.

Sites that pretend like they have no choice but to block videos or make them run terribly for adblock users can suck my rear end.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Latryne

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

She can hang out with that girl from Blossom and know that she is one better.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If I had a kid and he came out a midget I'd name him Bilbo Baggins. That's my story.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I always just sleep with a fan on. White noise plus the bonus of some airflow

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TBH I just wasn't aware of the pet peeve thread and people seem to be enjoying this one so I left it open :v:

I like to think this one is for specifically petty stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The existence of companies like blue apron and hello fresh seriously irritates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What service is this?

• Locked thread