Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I named by brother after a friend of mine's older brother, because he had this really badass Pusshead Metallica shirt. He was supposed to be named Craig, but I hated it because it reminded me of the Brady Bunch (there was no one named Craig on the Brady Bunch) so I talked my parents into naming him Jeremy. He told me recently that he wishes he was named Craig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Snoo posted:

ugh we sleep with a fan on for white noise and the bath completely drowns out the fan lol

they've run the bath three times in the past hour, it's after midnight now and I'm sure they're not done with whatever the gently caress they do a dozen times a day in their bathroom so the anxiety from anticipation of loud noise alone is gonna keep me awake

Have you considered talking to them, seeing as how it seems to be ruining your life to some degree?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I wish I could say it doesn't piss me off but it does.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Id love to pick the brain of someone who leaves their dog poo poo in a bag on the trail.

Like, you actually put effort into making it worse than if you had just left the poo poo on the ground. What's your thought process there buddy?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

cyberia posted:

People who talk about 'my lawyer' can go gently caress themselves. Dude, you're quibbling over a fifty dollar invoice, I highly doubt you have a lawyer on retainer. Just the idea that by invoking the threat of 'my lawyer' means you don't have to play by the rules that everyone else does is so petty. Pay your bill and get out of here you trash person.

I actually used the my lawyer line recently for the first time in my life. It's very tempting when you have some leech trying to suck money from you. It was also at least %50 true and worked.

Although it was $7000 of total bullshit not $50

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Das Boo posted:

Got another one:

*While watching a movie*
"Does he die? Do they get caught? Will they help him? Do they wind up together? Where are they going? Is it going to be a trap? Is she lying? Does she get back home?"
WAAAAATCH.

On a similar note, people who smugly predict really obvious plot points and twists like I'm supposed to give them a medal.

My dad refuses to watch anything that isn't the most base popcorn poo poo (no joke, his favorite movie of all time is that Battleship movie from like 5 years ago) and always acts like the smartest guy in the room when he loudly predicts what is going to happen next. Drives me nuts, but I just give him a thumbs up at this point.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Banging my head on the car door frame.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That would be a better one for the big things that creep you the hell out thread

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People that don't keep their fetishes to themselves and affected parties are the absolute worst. Luckily I've never met some random person irl that has bothered unloading that poo poo on me but if they did I'd gladly kink shame them until they questioned whether or not they should tell anyone about it again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bunch of boring poo poo I'm sure. I just don't like seeing weirdos in gimp suits walking around in public or furries or whatever. keep that poo poo at home and don't tell people who didn't ask about it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People who say vague or ominous poo poo without any frame of reference and refuse to give any context. Like "call me". Just give me an idea of what it's about, so I know if you want to make plans to see a movie, or someone loving died, because if you are texting me something like that you already know I can't call you right away you idiot. Why would you try and stress me out in the meantime?

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 10:03 on Jul 15, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My mom recently said "I need to talk to you about something when you come visit in 4 days" and refused to tell me what it was about "just talk to me about it when you get here" so I just told her I wasn't coming to visit anymore if she wasn't going to tell me.

It ended up being something so mundane I already forgot what it was. I think she found some junk I left in the attic 15 years ago and she wanted me to take it with me or donate it. She does that kind of poo poo frequently and it pisses me off so much.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

To be fair it's El Topo. I wouldn't expect anything less than obnoxious wine snob stylings out of someone who would spend the time to review it online.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I never knew that either. I've definitely never listened to that song on my own time though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When boomers act like the most boring poo poo is some crazy trend sweeping the nation. "Cold brew Coffee?! All these kids and their cold brew coffee these days I don't even know what it's supposed to be?! What makes this stuff so great?"

I bought it because I forgot to make coffee and it had a dollar off coupon on it. It's coffee made like iced tea. get off my rear end.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tarantula posted:

Huh I looked it up and I thought he was just using an Americanism I'd never heard.

It's made by soaking beans in cold water for a longer period instead of cooling down hot coffee. it is a bit of a trend to some degree (it's been around forever but just started popping up everywhere since Starbucks started selling it 10 years later than every other coffee shop). TBH I hope the trend lasts because it makes a better iced coffee.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nah.

I personally just dump hot espresso over Ice every morning, but if you think cold brew is mild or bland you have no idea what you are talking about and I suspect you haven't even had it.

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Aug 24, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

I bought a jug of cold brewed coffee where the product name was "Not Too Sweet" and it was the sugariest thing I've ever put in my mouth, including plain sugar. I felt betrayed.

It was these assholes.

Yeah this was the crap I was drinking. it's not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wronng thread

• Locked thread