Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bogan King posted:

Every once in a while I see reports of a doctor / nurse who cut the cheese in surgery and everyone freaks out because they think a bowel has been perforated till someone owns up.

Pretty sure this was on Scrubs.

"Sir, I farted. That smell was from the fart that I made."

Rolo has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Apr 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I've heard that Scrubs is actually the most realistic medical show in terms of the interpersonal poo poo.

WampaLord posted:

They also had a medical consultant who actually made sure that the medical jargon they used was accurate.

You would think all medical shows would have this person, but apparently not based on poo poo I've heard in House, Grey's Anatomy, and ER.

These make me happy because I love Scrubs.

My contribution? If you're in the hallway at a hotel, shut the gently caress up, no matter what time it is. There are going to be people on your floor that don't have the same sleep schedule as you, guaranteed.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Topical obnoxious thing:

People that are like 'you don't like [food]? You just haven't had this kind of [food]!'

Bitch I don't like bacon, get off me.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My first ever double post in 11 years.

Appropriate thread, nontheless.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Picnic Princess posted:

People who make fun of me for not eating a "normal" breakfast meal.

I can eat whatever the gently caress I want whenever the gently caress I want.

I dig it. Sometimes I go traditional, but sometimes I just want a roast beef sandwich on ciabatta or some other good poo poo at 8am.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Sunswipe posted:

Pedestrians who know they shouldn't be crossing the road at that time, so they run halfway across, then slow to a saunter for the other half.

When people hold their hand up like a crossing guard at you while they jaywalk.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Anyone who inserts the phrase "Everyone's entitled to an opinion" into a discussion, especially a politician in a televised interview or debate.

It's a truism, it goes without saying. It literally goes without saying, there's genuinely no point in saying those words out loud and it adds absolutely nothing to any discussion. All it does is waste time and deflect discussion away from the opinion which was just expressed which I guess is the actual reason that certain politicians seems to say it so often.

"I'm just sayin'!"

I know you're talking. You don't have to verbally establish that you're saying something. Oh it was just because you're about to say something racist, gotcha.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Beachcomber posted:

The very idea that someone enjoys "rolling coal" specifically to gently caress up other peoples breathing. I think such people are so irredeemably broken that the best thing we as a society can do is execute them. With smoke.

I live in a banker city in the south that has a lot of generational wealth, and while walking to a nearby grocery store for beer at 10pm, a huge bro truck revved insanely loud as it passed me on the sidewalk. Without thinking I raised my middle finger and kept walking to the store. Whatever, gently caress this prick, he's trying to scare people on purpose. He ended up hopping a divider to pull a u-turn so he could follow me through the parking lot. I guess my peeve is rich assholes that go out of their way to try and start poo poo because they can.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Cigarettes rule and I wish they weren't so bad for you so I could smoke more of them.

I legit miss the habit. I'll be hosed if I'm gonna be a vape person because it is not the same, so I just had to quit instead of dying painfully.

Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice, yo.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Watching sci-fi would be pretty painful if you had to talk about light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. Watching sci-fi is usually pretty painful anyway so :shrug:

Wait poo poo it's spelled LASER?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ZDar Fan posted:

I hear that. In the same vein, one of the worst things is when someone is explaining something, and I try to make it clear that I understand it, and they just keep explaining it.

Our director of accounting does this about the simplest things. Makes sense, is easier, I totally get it. Uh huh. Yep. Uh huh no yeah I get it...

I think he just gets lonely in his office, I know I would.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not really a thing people do but nerds do do: using "X doesn't exist" to mean "I don't like X". As in "There are only two Robocop movies" or "I'm glad they never made a movie out of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" or poo poo like that.

The ninth season of Scrubs.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

gleebster posted:

Using three letter airport codes in place of actual geographic names. Sorry, but I don't happen to know where BAK is.

I like the ones that are named after the identifier, makes things so much easier for everyone and I kinda wish that was the norm.

LAX, RDU, etc.

E: I know they're technically not named that but 99% of people call them that.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 15:54 on May 1, 2017

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Quote isn't edit.

I hate people being anti sports on the internet like it's not much more annoying to read 'hand egg, sports ball and superb owl' over and over and over every time someone brings up football.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

gleebster posted:

Where the hell is RDU?

Raleigh NC. I used it as an example because even the big greeting while driving onto the property calls it RDU.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

gleebster posted:

Oh, I've never been in North Carolina in my life. I thought you were deliberately doing an obnoxious little thing to make me become unreasonably angry.

Almost gotcha :pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Try working in shipping - I work for an ocean liner and our 3-letter designations are all hosed up

F96 - NY
YSV - Savannah

or there's Ho Chi Minh City which is still SGN, which tells you how old a lot of these designations are.

It gets worse in aviation as the airports get smaller. Our airways are all mostly numbers, but the 5 character waypoints can be fun, like NINJA TRTLS going into South Carolina, or several routes: FFORD SHLBI, MOPPR CHRGR and CHVEE CRVET all converging on FLLGG FFNSH going into Charlotte (a big racing community.)

It's obnoxious that they weren't this fun with all arrival procedures.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

YeahTubaMike posted:

I would share a screenshot of his poo poo but I can't black-out people's names at the moment.

My Facebook post: "I turn on the Mets game. Five seconds later, deGrom gives up a two-run homer that brings the game from 2-1 Mets to 2-3 Nats. gently caress this. I turn on the Marlins game. Less than one second later, Adam Conley hits Gregory Polanco with a pitch to load the bases, then gives up a triple, bringing the score to 8-0 Pirates. I'm a jinx."

Response #1: "Yay sportsball?"
Response #2: "Put the ball in the place and get larger numbers of things!"

Why do people think this is so clever? I know if I said some poo poo like "Yay video games, put a pixel through another pixel and win points!" they'd have something to say about it.

Exactly. Everyone I know that does this plays video games. Come on, man, just let people like things.

AA is for Quitters posted:

But the one thing he does that I absolutely can't look past is that when he smokes he like forces it out of his lungs and is loud as gently caress doing it.

It is so loving annoying.

Worse is when my buddy uses his wicked sick vape pen while talking to me on the phone. It sounds like 4 seconds of him spraying whipped cream directly into the mic, followed by him blowing out a birthday cake. I hate it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Seriously. Oh neat, you're not blowing smoke in my face, you're just blowing air in my face. Cool!

Fuuuuuuck yooooou.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Every time there's a gif or picture of a thing that vaguely sort of resembles another bit of media, there will be a post saying "new [thing] looking good!" It's a dumb meme that's existed as long as I've been here.

New Rocky lookin good!
New Fast and the Furious lookin good!
New Godzilla lookin good!
New Toy Story lookin good!
New Iron Man lookin good!
New Jaws lookin good!
New Ninja Turtles lookin good!
New IP Man lookin good!

It wasn't clever ten years ago.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hence the conflicted bitching about an episode where a dog dies.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

magikid posted:

Oh hey someone posted an image.

I'M THE GUY IN THE HAT

I'M THE FAT GUY

I'M THE BOOKS ON THE SHELF

I'M THE REFRIGERATOR DOOR

I'M THsdgdfhsdhasdqdf

Fuk'n aye I hate this poo poo too, we should hang out.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I never imagined someone lying about food allergies because they disliked something about a meal. Who the hell does that? How hard is it to say "I don't care for X, is there something you would recommend?" to a server? Most restaurants offer enough options nowadays that most folks can find something they'll eat on a menu.

The same people that call it food poisoning when they go to Golden Coral and eat two pounds of soft serve ice cream.

:patriot:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Das Boo posted:

I hate when people dismiss valid points or information because it threatens their worldview.
My god, I just want to kill them.

Literally the only reason my mom is a republican is because she's a Christian. She's all for helping the poor, being compassionate and staying positive, but the liberals and millennials don't like Jesus so they're wrong about everything they say and do.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It took years for me to finally be an rear end in a top hat to a stranger over something I've dealt with every other loving day.

My full name is one letter off from a very famous TV character. And today it got brought up by some frat dude in a bookstore of all places. The lady behind the desk was really nice and I came off as a huge sperg.

:) Hi I have a pickup for Rolo.
:v: Hey bro did you say your name was [Person]?
:geno: Jesus... no.
:v: Anyone ever ask you that?
:geno: Every time anyone sees my ID or asks for my name. Every single time. Thanks.

Sometimes they'll just start spouting references and quotes of the show like I have it memorized. I'm not the fictional character, what the hell are you expecting me to do in this situation?

Learn from me: if you ever meet someone with a name like Harry Botter or something, just leave them alone about it.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Jun 4, 2017

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

KozmoNaut posted:

I feel for you, Mr. Bumpole.

Never should have PM'd you my birth certificate. :argh:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
When people don't even wait for the elevator doors to open fully to try and pile in it while my rear end still needs to get off the drat thing. Some old gently caress in Florida almost shoulder checks me, backs up, and waves me on with a "your majesty" look on his face.

gently caress off Jeff, you're in the lobby, someone is going to be getting off once the god damned thing gets there I'm about to whup your rear end.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Catberry posted:

In the great irony of it all. Vaping is gradually becoming banned in work places and other establishments because vapers are taking what little freedom they had too far and becoming a real nuisance. Insisting on repeating the sins of the father.

This is so funny to me. I'm a pilot who used to smoke and I loved the idea of people being able to buy an e-cig and harmlessly get a bump of nicotine while on a long flight.

Jackasses proceed to make huge clouds for no reason with big unstable batteries, poo poo is now not ok on planes.

Thanks, nerds.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
These loss edits are getting weird.

And this joke is probably old enough to smoke cigarettes.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
This five dollar Hot n Ready was neither hot nor ready.

You will hear from my fat lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Elsa posted:

When I rip my earbuds from my ears after catching the cord on something. Motherf

Does it count when I only have myself to blame

That makes it a thousand times more infuriating.

See: biting the inside of your own mouth.

• Locked thread