Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I feel like chewing with your mouth open and talking with your mouth full must not be considered rude or gross in Indiana because everyone here does it. It's like working with a bunch of cartoon gluttons.

mds2 posted:

Basically every other person on the road driving.

Those fuckers. Those FUCKERS! They all need to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

In china they talk with their mouth full because the slight discomfort from seeing chewed food is outweighed by the overwhelming value of conversing with your friends. After putting a full 15 seconds of thought into this, I agree.

It's definitely more of an auditory thing than a visual one. I guess Chinese naturally sounds pretty awful so it's not as much of an issue for them. It's also actually quite easy to carry on a conversation while eating a meal without talking with food in your mouth. Try it some time!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I hate the phrase "on the go". People always use it when talking about some product they like and it sounds like they're reading ad copy.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

kreyla posted:

I was the sick child. Even threw up in a gift shop. My dad made me go even though I had stomach flu and bronchitis, because "we paid a lot for this trip and you're not just going to sleep in the hotel!"

Great family times.

A little thing that makes me angry is that I have a roughly 50% chance of coming down with a nasty, fever inducing cold or flu every time I use air travel. So half the time I go on vacation I'm "putting on a brave face" and wishing I could just lay in bed in the hotel.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

"Catte" "Dogge"

gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Funny though, there seems to be a LOT of kids out there named Sissy now. I hear it at least once a week.

Sissy is southern hick slang for sister. E.g. Go find your sister becomes go find sissy. But maybe there actually are a lot of kids named sissy, I dunno.

The male equivalent is bubba or bub, but that doesn't seem as common.

• Locked thread