Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My wife, kiddo, and I went to some thrift stores this weekend. We happened to be close to an out-of-the-way Goodwill yesterday, so we stopped in. We mostly were shopping for clothing since my wife has gone down a number of clothing sizes, but I always look at the CDs. I also got some good kid books for my 2.5 year old. First Goodwill I found The Gathering's "Nighttime Birds" on CD, which I needed to pick up, for a buck. On the way home we stopped at the Savers in our town. There we found more clothes, and I found Genesis's "Invisible Touch" on CD in great condition for $2. We found something else, which I'll get back to in a second. I told my wife I found Bare Naked Ladies' christmas album, which she listens to at that time of year, so she gave me $2 in cash to go back in to pick up.

Today we went to the Goodwill in our town, and I picked up The Chemical Brother's "Push The Button" CD, which happens to be the next studio album by the band for myself. I also picked up The Mission Impossible 1 soundtrack because it was 50¢, and I had volume 2 anyways (it felt like I should have had the first one, even though I'm not a fan of these films, just so I didn't awkwardly have the sequel by itself anymore). I also found Pixar's "The Good Dinosaur" on blurry for $1.50, so why not? Finally, I got those Christmas classic stop-motion films (and Frosty) because it was $3 for 7 shorts on bluray, and why not for the kiddo at that time of year? It's me, the guy who buys Christmas stuff from the media bins, apparently.

All of this for under $12.

So that other thing I got at Savers. When we go to these shops with our 2.5 year old, we take shifts. I let my wife go and shop for clothes and whatever, and I let my daughter run around with me 5 feet away so she can't break anything or get run over. This time she found a little scooter bike thing, and I let her ride it around the Savers since she was going slower than walking speed. The thing moved around really easily, better than the plastic Fisher Price one she's outgrown, even if she was a bit big for this. She loved it, rode it around the store, carried it when she wasn't riding it. The thing was $7.50, so why not pick it up? I was telling my mom about this bike and all the thrifting, and looked up the bike since I was too lazy to take a picture of it.

12-24 months, so yeah, a bit too old for it, but she loves it.... The loving thing costs $155 new. One of the best steals I've gotten from a thrift store in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It feels pain every time you open it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The family did some thrift store shopping, and I actually picked up some stuff, which I consider a victory.

(The first one is actually from Bandcamp Friday, but it came in at about the same time, so I'm including it in this shot that I did for another post.) The second thrift store had the Roy Orbison album, which is one of my wife's favorite musicians. I sent her a snap while she was watching our kid play with the toys there, and she asked me to pick it up for her. The other four were all from the first thrift store. I, like most people, had No Doubt's "Tragic Kingdom" (actually, my brother had it, and I took his CD collection when he moved out and left it all behind). I only have "New" from this release, but from an Amazon mp3 download. I like to replace those with CD copies if I can, so that's why I have that.

The two Metallica CDs actually made me say "gently caress yeah!" when I saw them. They're the last two I needed/wanted, besides the first album, and maybe S&M. I had to take the black album/self titled album out of the jewel case in order to get something of a picture of it. And finally, Dragonforce because why the gently caress not? I have "Through the Fire And The Flames" from way back when Guitar Hero 3 came out, and it was another case of having the mp3 from Amazon. I'm going to force myself to listen to the whole album though, even the DVD bonus disk.

Not pictured, but I also got "The Muppets" (2012) on bluray, for my kid and myself. I also picked up roughly 20 Dr Suess books for her, since they're my favorite things to read to her. At least the rhymes in there keep you, the parent, interested (try reading "Fox in Socks" sometime for a challenge). I also picked up a kid's marble maze sphere for her, so she has one like dad does.