Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I'm in a weird position where I'm living in my deceased roommate's house while the probate process finishes (it's been 16 months, don't get me started) but living here I defaulted to doling out his things.

The only things anyone wanted were a small kinetic sculpture and his library of guns (mostly skeet rifles but also some reproduction WW1 weapons, some of which actually work). Nobody but his 93 yr old dad even wanted to look through the rest.

Anyway, jacket pics were requested. Here's my roommate's jacket his dad gave me:

No idea the age, but the tag says Leathers of Distinction Made in USA and it was bought at a motorcycle rally at some point in the last two decades, knowing my roommate probably for more than it was ever worth.

I got it because it fits me reasonably well and I'm moving away from Florida so I'm the only one who might ever wear it.

I also got this baller fuckin' tv dinner tray, perfect for late night meals and also performing the darkest of pineapple magicks.

Closer view of the arcane patterns emblazoned on the top

Oh, and I got over 2000 books, mostly sci-fi/fantasy. Each of the tpb shelves in these pics are double-deep and this is less than half (the rest is boxed for the move, coming any day now for the last fuckin year). The collection will fully fill 4 Ikea bookshelves.

Ho ho ho motherfuckers

Last and objectively best, this cocktail pastry tray. Before you say to clean it, those black specks are below the glaze somehow. It's the uncontested greatest platter I've ever owned.

Ps I didn't pay for any of this so I want you to know that I'm a phony and a pretender to the throne.

E: as for why I didn't post this sooner, SADHOLE

Shit Fuckasaurus has a new favorite as of 20:49 on Oct 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
With alternate art, printings from different versions, and printings for things like tournament prizes the number rises to just shy of 50,000 unique cards. As someone who used to value cards and collections professionally (15 years ago when it was literally 2/3rds as difficult) I'd be happy to help you confirm if you find anything valuable. Just brace yourself because any super-high values you find might be halved right off the bat if the cards are in played state.

Still worth doing though, I doubt your niblings would really get $2k of enjoyment out of a $2k card