Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I love how the recap ignores the garbage fire that was the Mexican prison. Also didn't he have to have some sort of surgery in the last season to try to fix his brain issue that ultimately killed him? Are they just pretending season 3 and 4 didn't exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

80s James Hetfield posted:

Getting the impression Scofield was hired by the "Government" to break out some American Delta/Special/Seal Team dudes who got caught and stuck in a Yememi prison and they helped fake his death but some other weird shadowy government faction is trying to prevent it

Could be 900% wrong but that was my gut feeling after the first episode

And him being all like "who are you?!!? I dont know you?!"?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

IRQ posted:

Did you notice how he very deliberately and conspicuously put his hands on the bars with his new palm tattoos towards Linc? I'm betting there's something there Linc needs his dumb muscle brain to figure out a clue as to why Michael needed the gang there.

e: I'm so glad this ridiculous show is back.

Ahh, ya, that's right. And then he half closed his palms facing them out as he walked away.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I think it's just a lovely side story that will be forgotten so the actor doesn't have to use a plastic hand anymore.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

IRQ posted:

Yeah and I love it for that, they'll just put a glove on him and call it kosher.

I wonder if the show will have the robo hand get cut off at some point before the end, that's definitely a Prisonbreak thing to do.

Yea, I can imagine the actor was like "i'm not working with a god drat prosthetic the whole season".

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Eezee posted:

I don't remember anything that happened after the first season. Still worth watching, because I'm definitely not gonna watch season 3 and 4 again.

You should be fine. He was supposed to be dead due to a brain tumor or something like that.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
getting close to a top isis dude to murder him for the CIA?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ego-bot posted:

I really didn't pay close attention to this show when it was on the air 10 years ago. The last time I saw Kellerman was when he was in the back of a van and some guys shot him and another guy to death. At least that's what was implied because they didn't show it. Did he make any other appearances after this?

if you don't see someone die on screen then they aren't really dead

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Hope phone IT guy is ok. :ohdear:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

So I'm starting a rewatch because I don't really remember the show that much from the first time and I'm just getting through S1 right now. I completely forgot how god drat creepy T-Bag was.

I also didn't finish the season before the current one. Got through half? of it before deciding this is dumb because it's the same plot over and over again but I read the spoilers and Michael died.

I guess he didn't die though. I already skipped through some of the posts here but did he seriously fake his death and worked for ISIS or are you guys joking around?

Something like that. You can probably skip season 3 and 4 and just go straight into this tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

I finished season one and decided to just jump right into season five.

It's eh not really doing anything for me.

Michael's actor is bad, really bad. I know his character is suppose to be the guy who's two steps ahead of everyone but the actor is just too god drat smug/emotionless. It's really hard to cheer for him because you're given absolutely no reason to care about him at all.

Come to think of it the two black ops agents are really bad too for the same reason. They're both just too god drat smug and act like they're 100% in control, that they have unlimited power and resources and that they can't lose. I mean if everything that do is either going to go their way or make them act like it was a minor setback then what's the point of caring?

Plus they both literally have a smug look that they just do on purpose in every single scene.

And the way they are treating ISIL like they are just a bunch of dumb idiot neighborhood gang compared to the Americans (dumb), and the nerdy ISIL guy with one eye (terrible actor/annoying character), the stupid choices like letting that nerdy ISIL guy live on two occasions, the entire premise that two random people can randomly waltz into terrorist territory without a plan other than "Step 1: Get to Yemen", and I don't really get or understand or like how much emphasis and stress they are making Michael point out that that dude is his whip (which just sounds loving stupid to behind with).

Well it was fun but I'm don't with this show.

Yea, he's literally michael scofield as captain cold in the flash. I don't know how this guy keeps getting jobs. His demeanor never changes. Or maybe his semi angry face is just like that. I haven't seen him in much else.

• Locked thread