Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yup. After 7 years Prison Break is back for a limited 9 part event series. The show that was originally slated to only run 2 seasons and wound up giving us 2 additional and unnecessary seasons returned from the dead (along with Michael Scofield) April 4th on FOX. Personally, I unabashedly enjoyed every season but I have very questionable taste in a lot of things so whatever and I'll fight anyone that does not agree that Season 1 was one of the most fun seasons of TV ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9T-9fZn_oA

So the general setup is that Michael faked his own death and is currently in a prison in Yemen of all places (with new tattoos!!) and the old crew find themselves brought back together for who knows what the gently caress beyond getting Michael out of the prison. I'll be disappointed if there's not some world-ending conspiracy that our heroes expose and prevent.

Most of the old cast is back - Michael and Lincoln, Sara, C-Note, Sucre, and my favorite Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell. I'm certainly going to miss my other favorites from the original run namely Brad Bellick, Gretchen, John Abruzzi and the wonderfully assholish and smarmy Agent Kellerman. Thankfully though we get ISIL fighters as at least one group of villains this time around. Thanks for being topical, Prison Break.

I thought the premiere was pretty good considering the source material. You've got your mysterious coded messages, car chases, fist fights ("Greetings from the US prison system, bitches!!"), and of course a big goddamn shithole of a prison. Honestly it felt like not a single beat from the original was skipped (good or bad, you be the judge) and I am totally locked in 100% for the rest of the surely ridiculous ride.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Another Person posted:

T-Bag has an advanced experimental robotic hand which responds to brain waves in the year 2017.

C-Note spent 7 years becoming an overseas expert in Yemeni politics.

Sucre... Sucre got a day job and is just sort of along for the ride.

I hope T-Bag's hand turns on him Evil Dead style

• Locked thread