Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yea, if you want 1998 Linux you install lxde and set everything to flat color, no shading, fixed width ui fonts

my Linux boot looks like the radio telescope monitors in Contact and it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pram posted:

the best desktop os is actually UNIX (apple macos sierra 10.12)

I'll grant this in the general case, while specifying that the best os for getting real work done as a professional is Windows 10.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

carry on then posted:

No real work has ever or will ever involve a computer in any fashion.

a fair point.

the best os for setting up or laying out real work that will later be performed by a poor person or robot of some kind is Windows 10.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why the girl on the left boutta give a ghost beezy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i literally do think that microsoft opted for the ubuntu collaboration on the windows subsystem for linux because they too realize that ubuntu is sort of poo poo, and it helps no real competitor in any real way when they implement it

there's no such thing as a "real competitor" to windows

The Management posted:

if it means you can toss out cygwin I'm all for it.

amen

• Locked thread