Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played through a level of this and it's pretty cool. I need to get used to the wall sticking because it messed up some of my jumping but I like his air dash attack a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I played through a level of this and it's pretty cool. I need to get used to the wall sticking because it messed up some of my jumping but I like his air dash attack a lot

it plays a little weird at first but by the time you're on the 2nd or 3rd level you feel like a ninja. they did a great job designing the stages around how you flow too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZS3WooXpIc the remixed OST is awesome

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

BBG stickied that somehow. Same with the persona 5 thread

bbg is the new forums software

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Oh hell's yes.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

virt with a copy of famitracker is pretty much unstoppable.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

dragon enthusiast posted:

I suck at that random tower minigame

Took me like a dozen tries and I got so close on the last few that I was ready to go mad by the end

Just finished the game, it owned all of the bones

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i fiinished but i still havent beaten the tower minigame and im missing like 4 red skulls. a truly great update. im gonna replay the other campaigns too cause hell, why not

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

i fiinished but i still havent beaten the tower minigame and im missing like 4 red skulls. a truly great update. im gonna replay the other campaigns too cause hell, why not

start ng+ real quick

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I am really impressed with how new the game feels and how intuitive the dash slash is. It felt natural right from the start.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Also when you pull off a chained multidirectional dash...

:discourse:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The coolest thing about the ongoing shovel knight support is that it's recreating the feel I never got to experience where there was a new Mega Man game every year for like 6 years straight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

start ng+ real quick

oh thats badass. less checkpoints is stupid tho and the reason i dont bother with NG+

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rail Mail is so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The tinker knight fight is amazing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

The tinker knight fight is amazing

i still have Propeller Knight & whatever after but all of the updated bosses i've done so far are really great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

symbolic posted:

i still have Propeller Knight & whatever after but all of the updated bosses i've done so far are really great

SOme of them are kind of too easy because the way specter attacks let you float and destroy them constantly, but there are some like Tinker and I think it was Polar that had the cool pillar gimmick, that play into Specter's movement that are sick as hell

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i liked how a lot of plague knight was like the level wants to destroy you but the boss is unchanged and now easy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

i liked how a lot of plague knight was like the level wants to destroy you but the boss is unchanged and now easy

except shovel knight which countered all of your moves

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

propeller knight is the hardest as plague, he ruined 90% of my speedruns

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I still dont know how to fight him as Plague knight.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

it took me like 15 tries to do the jump right before his boss fight and i don't remember how i even did it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the bosses in this all really own. also im going through NG+, the levels in spectre are a bit shorter and faster paced so less checkpoints ain't so bad. using it to collect the skulls i missed..

apparently the final stage has 2 skulls in it?? the hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

the bosses in this all really own. also im going through NG+, the levels in spectre are a bit shorter and faster paced so less checkpoints ain't so bad. using it to collect the skulls i missed..

apparently the final stage has 2 skulls in it?? the hell

Im pretty sure the levels are longer the plague knight levels

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
wait there's actually gameplay changes in ng+? i never bothered doing it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

wait there's actually gameplay changes in ng+? i never bothered doing it

in shovel and plagueknight, it doubles damage received, replaces most healing items with bombs, and cuts down the amount of check points a lot (theres still always a checkpoint b4 bosses though)

in spectre it does all that and combines HP and MP into one jumbo bar that constantly drains so you kill fast or you die

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's time for the real game to begin.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

It's time for the real game to begin.

good luck gamer

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to do a 0% run of NG+

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

one little merciful thing about NG+ is that the draining can't kill you, just leave you at death's door

still, you should record yourself clearing levels that way, especially some of the tougher bosses. half the bosses in this game are not loving around and with that healthbar they'll 2shot you

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

one little merciful thing about NG+ is that the draining can't kill you, just leave you at death's door

still, you should record yourself clearing levels that way, especially some of the tougher bosses. half the bosses in this game are not loving around and with that healthbar they'll 2shot you

Alright, sure. This will give me an excuse to do the levels in one shot without dying in them.

Here's the Plains of Passage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoh7RT-OM0Y

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Alright, sure. This will give me an excuse to do the levels in one shot without dying in them.

Here's the Plains of Passage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoh7RT-OM0Y

this is awesome. cant wait for the rest.

also even the lightest hits rip off half the bar lmao good luck on the tough stuff. im maxed out and the lich yard boss took me a bunch of tries

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

just beat it & it might be my favorite campaign so far

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

extremebuff posted:

in spectre it does all that and combines HP and MP into one jumbo bar that constantly drains so you kill fast or you die

thats so sick

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Well, this challenge is going to take a long time to finish lol. Here's the Explodatorium. Plague Knight is so drat hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=domGFe3w54c

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Evil Eagle posted:

Well, this challenge is going to take a long time to finish lol. Here's the Explodatorium. Plague Knight is so drat hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=domGFe3w54c

I salute your patience, even with full darkness/will I do not have the Gamer Skill necessary to do NG+ given how much I relied on that healing item

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

what happens if you use the healing item on ng+

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

It's disabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

its disabled e: lol

i was just slamming my head against plague knight. the checkpoint poo poo is brutal. they dont even give you one until after the miniboss and at that point im on a tiny sliver of health. i cant believe you aced him

• Locked thread