Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birds
Jun 28, 2008

I'm a Geography major and GIS minor. It's useful but it's also loving infuriating to use this software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, ArcMap. But I think I'm just not good with it. Some guy who helps me with the labs that we're assigned is a loving wizard with it but he also has a programming background. Still, having experience with GIS looks really good to employers so I'm glad I did it.

edit: Also here's a good resource for GIS employment opportunities. It's down right now, hopefully temporarily but it was working as of a couple weeks ago: http://gisjobsmap.com/

birds fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 19, 2017

birds
Jun 28, 2008

So I've completed my B.A. in Geography and minor in GIS. I even got a GIS certificate from my university. I'm looking for jobs but they many seem to require knowledge in ArcSDE, ArcGIS server and all that stuff outside of ArcMap. These were never covered in my Intro and Advanced GIS classes. How difficult is it to learn these programs? I'll have access to the full ArcGIS software package this summer but I'm mostly on my own as far as learning them.

• Locked thread