Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I am unsure about south Texas, but north Texas actually has a surprising amount of GIS work going due to extreme climate change, rapid tree loss, sprawl which feeds back into urban heat island, and fast growth.

Most GIS positions I see start pretty low pay, but also there seems to be a fair amount of them relative to other fields which is good. But unless you climb up the management ranks you don't really see a lot of income. I will say there are worse ways to make a living than making maps, it can be pretty relaxing and stress free.

I don't work as a GIS tech but I learned the software in school and apply it for my current position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread